Large size heels

BobHH

That reminds me of the astronauts that landed on what was thought to be an uninhabited planet. As soon as they open the hatch, a group of curious absolutely beautiful giant women appeared. One of the beautiful women welcomed the astronauts to their world and said that if they would follow her, she would take them to their leader. The astronaut in charge of the expedition said, “To heck with that -- take us to your ladder, we’ll see your leader later.” :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

If someone is waaaaay taller, shorter, wider, thinner, than the average then this is usually classed as a medical condition, as it can have a very detrimental effect on the health of that person. Very tall people can have heart problems for example.

Yes, Yao Ming is in the Apple powerbook commercial with Verne Troyer, who played Mini Me in the Austin Powers movie. He also does a commercial for the Visa check card that is, well, annoying at times. Not because anything Yao does, of course. And yes, Scandinavian people can be quite tall, even though some are short. But are they short compared to the tall ones, or short comapred to the world average? :wink:

Yes, Yao Ming is in the Apple powerbook commercial with Verne Troyer, who played Mini Me in the Austin Powers movie. He also does a commercial for the Visa check card that is, well, annoying at times. Not because anything Yao does, of course.

Opposite ends of the same stick. That's probably why Apple hired them.

And yes, Scandinavian people can be quite tall, even though some are short. But are they short compared to the tall ones, or short comapred to the world average? :wink:

an interesting article about height. The data is...old but it is an interesting read.

The Scandinavians look well above the world average

I wish I was a size 10

Wow! Lots of discussion here! I am 6'2" barefooted, so about 6'8" or so in my 6.5" platform heels. The wife (the BW) was 6'1" in her usual 5" high heels and more in platforms. Our youngest son is 6'8" without shoes. The heels give me a good feel for what he experiences every day, and there are many places that are not high enough to accomodate people that tall without difficulty. Anyway, I think tall people look good in high heels, even better than in low heels. :wink: They don't need the height, so they must wear high heels because they like them. I know I do. And the higher heels are more in proportion with tall people, I think. Sometimes it seems obvious that a short woman is wearing very high heels to be taller.

Could that be why most fashion supermodels ar 5'10" or taller?? :D:wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 7 months later...

I've been vertically challenged all my life at 5'4.5" and as far as I know there is nothing medical to have caused this as my parents were both short also. I am one of the lucky ones who can buy women's heels right off of the shelf. Shoe size is generally 7.5 U.S. and boot size is 8 US. One thing in my favor is if we are ever attacked by another country, I won't have to dig as deep a fox hole! Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Height is, well, based on genetics. And who is to say a recessive gene, such as one that brings out a hair colour at random when no one else has it in the previous generation, cannot jump out and make someone taller?

What used to be thought of as genetics has been discovered to be the result of nutrition. Today's generation of Japanese and Korean people are the same height as Americans, whereas their grandparents are very short.

Genetics cannot change the outcome in just 2 generations across millions of people. Nutrition can.