Large size heels

BobHH

I was under the impression that men bought most of the larger size very high heels (exotic dancer styles, etc.), partly because the large women I know don't wear heels at all. Well, I coincidently stumbled across Amazon Women On The Web (wasn't there a movie called Amazon Women on the Moon?). Some of these women running websites are over 6 ft. tall (one was 6'9") in their bare feet, and most were shown wearing platform stilettos. Shoe sizes I saw varied from U.S. women's 11 to 16!!! I don't know where the 16 found her shoes, but 12 and 13 were common. Just my size, too!

I'm pretty sure there aren't enough of these to support the large size stiletto shoe sizes all by themselves, so men must still be an important part of that market (I hope!).

Here (I hope) is an extreme example:

Posted Image

BobHH I too were thinking about that too and here all the larger women I have seen have been wearing flats, joggers or, a maximum of a three inch heel (usually chunky) it's a shame really as I think platform shoes are tarnished with the "stripper shoe" image and I think that's why you don't see more people women AND men (equal oppertunity speech here folks. :wink: however, the lady in that picture is VERY tall :D tall women over six feet tall are a definitely rare at least in this part of the world. later, TXT-1

I own a website that sells shoes, and the majority of the sizes 14 to 16 do go to men. However, there are many women who wear a size 12 or 13. Do you see them out around town? Probably not, and just because of other people's perceptions that they are "too tall". I am over 6' in my heels, and I am proud of that. I've had people comment to me that my legs look incredible when I am in heels because they are so long. My husband laughs and says that he knows if one more person comments that I am tall enough already and don't need heels, they are probably going to get socked in the face! lol No, not really, I don't believe in physcal violence, but I have pictured it in my head :wink: Babe in Heels

There was one girl at my school in my year who was probably 6ft6, but I never saw her wearing heels, probably because she was "tall enough" already. The "extreme example" that BobHH is indeed very extreme... Personally I don't think heels suit her any way, and not meaning to be judgmental, I don't find her that attractive, and I don't think the heels do anything towards that fact either. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Personally I don't think heels suit her any way, and not meaning to be judgmental, I don't find her that attractive, and I don't think the heels do anything towards that fact either.

I think she'd probably say "It's not a fashion statement, I can wear what I like, and I'm not going to let squirrelheels tell me what I should wear"

:wink:

Have to agree with stilettos there. Who is anyone to judge what someone else is in? This board is full of MEN who are looking for acceptance for their heel fetish, yet a very tall woman is criticized for wearing heels? I am 5'9" tall, and am 6'3" in my heels. I am with a man who thinks it is fantastic! I think I look pretty damn good too. Babe in Heels

I love seeing tall women in flat shoes. Tall women are my weakness. If they want to wear a pair of heels then they should. The problem is they're usually limited in the styles that they can wear. Unless they go online I doubt they're going to find those size 13-14 courts they desire. Babe - I loved those 6.5' open toe slingbacks from one of your updates. What's the link to the website that sells those size 14-16 shoes?

I wish I was a size 10

I think she'd probably say "It's not a fashion statement, I can wear what I like, and I'm not going to let squirrelheels tell me what I should wear" :wink:

Hahah :D I wasn't criticising her for wearing what she wants. I was just stating my opinion which I'm entitled to. It has nothing to do with the fact she's 7ft6 in heels.

SH

Why would I want to apply my opinion of another to me, when they are clearly not me? <letmegetthisclear>I am not saying she shouldn't wear heels. Good for her that she wants to wear heels even though she is "tall enough" (by some people's standards) already. Good for her for wearing what she wants. I just don't like the way it looks. There. That's my opinion to which I'm entitled. She can carry on wearing heels for all she wants, it honestly doesn't bother me.</letmegetthisclear> SH

I don't find her that attractive, and I don't think the heels do anything towards that fact either.

I don't find her attractive either, sorry to say. And yes, in this case the heels don't help but I guess they don't hurt either, unless you have the misfortune (or incredible luck depending upon your point of view) to get under them.

Michael

I don''t find her attractive, either. Perhaps it's her hair ? (shoes with platforms that high aren't attractive, either)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Alex,

It is www.mariastoychest.com

No extra charge for larger sizes.

I think it depends on what part of the world you are in as to whether platforms are considered attractive or not. I haven't been able to sell enough 7" platforms to customers located in China (and the platform is at least 5" itself).

To each his own. Isn't it a wonderful world?

Babe in Heels

I don''t find her attractive, either. Perhaps it's her hair ? (shoes with platforms that high aren't attractive, either)

I think it's just the combination of the hair and the clothes... they just don't go with those sort of heels.

SH

I think it's just the combination of the hair and the clothes... they just don't go with those sort of heels.

SH

But the problem I have is that the site is exploiting what is basically a physical disability. A classmate had very long extremities, long head and fingers about 1 1/2 times as long as mine. Just like that woman. He sadly passed away at age 24 from an aortic aneurysm.

I admit to having a lot of fetishes but there are limits.

Michael

But the problem I have is that the site is exploiting what is basically a physical disability. A classmate had very long extremities, long head and fingers about 1 1/2 times as long as mine. Just like that woman. He sadly passed away at age 24 from an aortic aneurysm.

I admit to having a lot of fetishes but there are limits.

How is being tall a physical disability? I'm 6'6", not the heights that these women are, but I'm not disabled.

BabeinHeels - Thanks for the link. I see a lot of shoes there I'm interested in but not a one in my size :wink:

I wish I was a size 10

I think there's a difference between being tall, and being "super-sized", to coin a McDonald's term. I can imagine that being that tall it would have to be a medical condition. You don't get that tall just by eating all your greens!

SH

I think there's a difference between being tall, and being "super-sized", to coin a McDonald's term. I can imagine that being that tall it would have to be a medical condition. You don't get that tall just by eating all your greens!

SH

Well not eating greens. All it takes is good genes and an overactive pituitary gland :wink:

I wish I was a size 10

Okay, story time! Now, we have to look at genetics as a cause. There are certain places in the world where the average height is, well, higher. Scandinavian countries? Places in Africa? And even when a culture is known to be shorter, say, people in China, suddenly they can have someone tall, such as that basketball player, um, Yao Ming? I think I saw somewhere that he is 7'5"? I could be wrong, but he is now in a few TV commercials. There is a record from Mexico, from a few hundred years before Chris Columbus and other people looking for India. It talks about giants sailing to their land, who had pale hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. The description easily fits a regular race of people who were around at the time: we call them Vikings, and we know they sailed to North America and down the coast a few hundred years before people started thinking there was something beyond that big ocean to the west. Point being, the Vikings were considered tall, but not giants. However, go somewhere else, and suddenly, they are. Height is, well, based on genetics. And who is to say a recessive gene, such as one that brings out a hair colour at random when no one else has it in the previous generation, cannot jump out and make someone taller? Shoot, I saw a show about giants a few weeks ago, and I wish I could remember what they said. But it was about really tall people, mainly. As for the heels, so what? Heels are about height, but also about shape. Being tall should not mean that a person should avoid enhacing body shape in the way heels can. Some people are tall. They don't ask to be a certain height, they just are. And for some, they aren't tall, for others, they're giants. It's perception as much as anything. Let the tall women wear heels if they like.

Laurie is 100% correct.

Height is a relative thing. When I'm around my Asian friends on campus I stick out because I'm a head or more taller than the tallest person there. Yet minutes later when the Women's Volleyball team walks through I'm not that much taller than the majority of them. BTW, I love it when they walk by. They're all hot

Oh, before I forget. If you see a tall person walking the streets or coming into your shop, please don't ask how tall that person is. If my life is any indication, they've probably heard that a hundred times too many.

I wish I was a size 10

How is being tall a physical disability? I'm 6'6", not the heights that these women are, but I'm not disabled.

Hi Alex,

I assume that you are normally proportioned unlike the women pictured at that site.

6 ft 6 in is an exceptional height for a man, but I wouldn't say it was especially rare nor anything to worry about.

On the other hand it is almost unheard of for women. If a woman is 6 ft 9 in (especially with disproportionate features), then it was almost surely the result of a medical condition. I think she should watch out for other health problems down the road.

I am 6 ft tall which is unusual for a 3rd generation Japanese-American. Having pale skin, the size was an advantage in a predominantly Asian and Hispanic elementary school (still got beat up occasionally though).

Michael

If you see a tall person walking the streets or coming into your shop, please don't ask how tall that person is. If my life is any indication, they've probably heard that a hundred times too many.

Tell me about it. Some of my dad's relatives and beer buddies could be especially tactless.

Michael

Hi Alex,

I assume that you are normally proportioned unlike the women pictured at that site.

6 ft 6 in is an exceptional height for a man, but I wouldn't say it was especially rare nor anything to worry about.

On the other hand it is almost unheard of for women. If a woman is 6 ft 9 in (especially with disproportionate features), then it was almost surely the result of a medical condition. I think she should watch out for other health problems down the road.

I am 6 ft tall which is unusual for a 3rd generation Japanese-American. Having pale skin, the size was an advantage in a predominantly Asian and Hispanic elementary school (still got beat up occasionally though).

6'6" probably isn't rare for men but it is uncommon. I'd say a 6'6" woman is beyond rare. Any height about 6'4" would probably count as rare for women.

If you saw the other women linked to Kat's site then you'd see that they all don't look the same. One is muscular and another is husky. Body types for tall people are just the same as they are for "normal" sized people. My friend is the same height as I am but he's about 80 pounds lighter. If a normal sized woman weighed the same as him they'd consider themselves overweight but on him it makes him look skinny. Kat may weigh a lot more than she looks in the photos but her height disguises it.

Oh, I got beat up many times in school as well. Kids just don't like us pale skinners :wink:

I wish I was a size 10

And even when a culture is known to be shorter, say, people in China, suddenly they can have someone tall, such as that basketball player, um, Yao Ming? I think I saw somewhere that he is 7'5"? I could be wrong, but he is now in a few TV commercials.

Oooh is he the dude in the Apple PowerBook ads?

Height is, well, based on genetics. And who is to say a recessive gene, such as one that brings out a hair colour at random when no one else has it in the previous generation, cannot jump out and make someone taller?

Both of my parents are quite short (around the 5ft6-8 marker), yet me and my siblings are around the 6ft marker. This probably has something to do with one single grandparent who's quite tall himself (although he's a bit shorted now as he hunches)... Odd that it should affect all three of us though. I guess it's just chance!

SH