New leather slides

mk4625

I just ordered one of these in 12WW (men's 10EE) from WomenShoesPlus.com. I'll see how those turn out. They're one of the few vendors (in fact the only one I know of at this time) that carry this type of slide in my size.

I would have preferred a lower heel or slightly thicker sole for venturing outdoors, like the cloth ones I currently have. These have a little too much rise to be inconspicuous.

Posted Image

Michael

I would have preferred a lower heel or slightly thicker sole for venturing outdoors. These have a little too much rise to be inconspicuous.

No, don't worry! Jim's right - they look just OK - nothing extreterrestial :D

I bet some guys wanna try those (if they notice them) :wink:

HH forever!

Those are great slides... That's exactly the kinda thing I want for myself, nice and plain, black, reasonable heel height, wedge, and with just a single "strap", if you can call it that. Shame the delivery cost to the UK almost doubles the cost of the shoe.... Anyone fancy buying me a pair!? :D They've also got a few other styles that I like the look of... I'll just have to move to the US! :wink: Does anyone know if United Footwear sell shoes like this? I'd imagine someone in the UK must... I'm not after larges sizes, just a 8UK SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I have seen similar stuff in many UK shops over the last year or so. Try Shoefayre though theirs were a little higher, Stead & Simpson, TK Maxx, and many others. United Footware probably have, but I can't remember.

Does anyone know if United Footwear sell shoes like this? I'd imagine someone in the UK must... I'm not after larges sizes, just a 8UK

The slides I ordered are similar to some Steve Madden and Sbicca slides, which is where I started to look. I would guess they are fairly common and you should have no problem getting them in UK 8 if your feet aren't too wide (mine are, unfortunately).

I would buy many more "street legal" women's shoes but what I like is difficult to obtain in 10EE, E, or even D (a little snug but still wearable). This is the main reason why most of my things are fetishistic in nature.

Do the UK and EU systems also take width into account? I don't remember seeing any mention of this at the sites I've visited.

Michael

SH wrote:

That's exactly the kinda thing I want for myself, nice and plain, black, reasonable heel height, wedge, and with just a single "strap", if you can call it that.

I happened across these on eBay last night. Are they what you are looking for? http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_5126f914fb9a2519c2cab7c374d0a575/i-1.JPG

You can find them at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3036&item=2822290744&rd=1

That style of slide is very popular here. Most of the women here wear them with sports clothing or with shorts. And, I would say that every woman here has at least one pair in their wardrobe. My wife and daughters wear them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba, those are the kind of style I'm talking about. As Mike said, I should be able to find some without much problem I would have thought. Now I just need to go looking. I have to choose between spending money on shoes or computer hardware.... not an easy decision I can tell you! Especially when that GF4MX with video capture is only £66 on dabs.com....! SH

Hey SH: Get your priorities straight. You can always find new shoes but it's not always possible to find a good sale price on computer hardware (unless it's outdated) New shoes are nice but you can't make a living with them. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

But then, footwear styles change much over the seasons, so what I want might be available now, but I may spend the money on other things (like a GeForce 4!), and then when I do have the money, the style is no longer in fashion, and I've lost out on a great pair of shoes. Grrr! Decisions! (And a lack of money too....) SH

Ah, but if you save your money, or buy a video card, then you can buy even more stylish shoes next season! (I'm not helping much here, am i?)

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Today I was at the Thai takeout place. I often see our regular UPS deliveryman there having lunch. He called out "Hey Mike, I have something for you". We went over to his truck. He said out loud, "WOMEN"S SHOES PLUS. Were you expecting something from them?" I know I should have said something like, "Yes they're my new high-heeled slides, in my size, that I'm going to wear in public. The next time you're over at my place I'll show you my boots". Instead I wimped out and said, "Uh, heh, heh heh, they must be Jean's (my ex)". I went straight to work and unpacked the slides in the lobby restroom which has a lockable door. I tried them on...perfect fit!!!! I discarded the packaging and flushed the address label. Then I stashed the shoes in my backpack. I can't wait to get home to get better acquainted with "my ladies".

Michael

Don't forget to get a good pedicure with colored nail polish on your toenails before wearing those open toe slides in public. Perfectly pedicured and polished toenail should be requred with open toe shoes. Best wished, Jamie :-) Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

These slides feel soooo good! They're all leather and the heels are 4 inches high, somewhat higher than advertised. I'm going to take "my ladies" grocery shopping tomorrow night with black stockings. As long as I'm standing up, only about 1 inch of the heel shows beneath the cuffs. I wish they made men's slippers this way. But then they'd probably do something to make them look "guy" and they wouldn't be as much fun to wear.

Michael

If you wear them with stockings, beware you don't lose them. You better practice that combination for a while because if they are lined with leather or something slippery you might be surprized. Good luck and have fun.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

But I want more shoes now! And a graphics card now! *Throws tantrum*...

Catches tantrum - well practiced at it :wink:

Ok, I'm done! I'll just have to see which I end up spending money on first I guess!SH

Sounds about right. Being as boot season is over for another year, I'm wondering what to buy next. I want a wireless hub, so I can take my computer to bed and still be here.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I saw a man wearing a pair very similar in barnet last year. See my post "man in high heels spotted". He was wearing them with socks though! Personally I would LOOOOVE a pair just like them with a closed toe.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Wedges, schmedges! Real men only wear heels!!! :wink: :splat:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Thanks Luc. I have only worn my cloth slides with stockings and as you mentioned the leather-lined ones do like to slip out unexpectedly. My stockings are very dark, but not completely opaque. There is still pale skin visible but not enough to warrant a pedicure (I've never had one; I must try that). I'll be wearing the new slides to the usual all-night store in Sunnyvale tonight. I'll get started around 1 am when a different crew is on duty (one of the guys on the earlier shift is a neighbor,; I'll make sure he's home first). Also at that late hour it is unlikely that I'll run into anyone from the office.

Michael

Hi Azraelle,

You're right. The spike heel really does have a "male" character about it: the capacity to intimidate and inflict pain and suffering, even kill. Which is perhaps why it has been taken away from us and appropriated by the "gentler" sex!

The slides are my "training wheels". I'm still trying to build up my confidence to go outdoors in my boots. However by themselves, the slides give me a very delightful feeling when I step into them.

Complicating matters is the beginning of a relationship with Kathy whose attitudes regarding men in high heels are currently unknown to me. The outcomes of many things now going on in my life are uncertain, which makes it all the more worth living.

Michael

Michael hi, Wear them and enjoy them they are fab. You'll be fine. The more of you guys who go for it and brave the crowd, the sooner the crowd will be used to the idea and not bat an eye. Actually I wonder how many people out there really look at feet and shoes apart from us lot and as we are into it anyway so that's cool. Post some pics of you in them if you want some constructive opinions and encouragement. Love Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Thank you for the kind words Julie. Now why can't more women have your attitude? Very early this morning I wore my longest pants (slightly flared cuffs), black stockings, and a black Vittadini scarf. With the cuffs rolled down, only about an inch of the heel was visible. Even without the slides, I think the scarf makes people (especially Asian immigrants) wonder about whether I might be gay. There was barely anyone in the aisles, which made it a lot easier. I think the hardest part was getting out of the car. Possibly others feel the same way. I was in the store a total of 30 minutes, during which I had a very warm delightful feeling that could not have come from the shoes alone. The few other customers either did not notice that I was wearing women's shoes, or they pretended not to see it. I don't think the checkout clerk noticed anything. On the way out I rolled the cuffs up slightly to allow her to see more of the heels. As soon as I got home I had to release myself on a napkin. I hope this doesn't sound too sickening, but it's really the truth. The slides were so comfortable and exactly in my size. Previously I have worn cloth slides with thicker soles outdoors, but they look too much like men's slippers to be challenging. I plan to wear my new slides outside frequently and will vary the times so that there will be some risk of meeting people I know. I still feel a lot of tension but when that eases I will be ready for something more demanding.

Michael

my wife has some almost identical shoes, and they are so comfy :wink: When she bought them home I was just staring, then she said "go on then try them on" Unusual for her to say it, so I took the opportunity . Altho size 7 UK and I'm an 8 they slid on and felt so good. They are some of the nicest shoes I've worn, but I can't have them cos "they don't do them for men". Enjoy them Shyguy

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

ShyGuy, What does it matter if they don't do them for men? Just buy yourself a pair in your size and wear them. Women incorporate items from men's fashion all of the time and there are even articles in women's fashion magazines that describe how to do this. It does not matter if they are for men or women. If you like them, then wear them with pride and don't let others dictate your fashion choices or preferences. Jamie :wink:

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Bah! I'm happy in my wedges. Az, accept a thrown tomato!

(Oh, you've got one :D )

Oh, and before I get another goddess zapping, I'd best mention the shoes. The slides look nice, so go for them. I have really yukky-looking feet, so I wouldn't wear an open-toe style, but they are nice, and quite subtle.

Wedges are good! I've a pair black sports shoes with 3" wedge heels that frequently wear in public without any adverse reaction. Now, I am looking for a pair of sandals or slides with at least 3" wedge heels that I can wear with shorts. I saw a pair of tan, or camel colored wedge slides yesterday that might work.

Absolutely! Wedges are great! They have subtlety going for them as well...! I've wanted a pair of sporty shoes with a heel for ages, but I've never managed to find a pair. Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK that does them? SH