Hard Times, High Heels

euchrid

I've noticed the trend, and the comments made in the video make sense to me.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

They said women were buying the higher heels in this economically hard time, but I tend to believe I had a part in the purchasing totals also. I really wonder how many of the high heels were bought by male heelers or even bought as gifts for them?

I believe that the fashion trend especially for younger women is for the higher fashion heels. Female celebrities seem to be wearing higher heels on a regular basis. I just don't seem to corolate it to the economy.

I don't actually think that fashion trends really follow economy except in an abstract way. The "vertiginous heel" has been around for 2 or 3 years now, before the recession started and so unless the economy follows fashion then this is a silly connection to make. I have noticed though that people who have less money to spend on a high ticket item like a new car or an exotic holiday might buy themselves something nice like clothes instead.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

WOW, what a bunch of Bull S%$# !!! This makes as much sense as building a sub with screen doors . I think the reason there has been a "spike" in high heel sales is more women are fishing for men as the job market is slim.:winkiss: Just kidding enjoyed the clip!

I have been Banned for emailing abuse to tech when he tried to help me.

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched the clip. The problem here,and I suspect some of you already know this, is they are assuming all the high heels are intended for women. As I wrote before, a surprising (only to the mainstream networks but not to us) percentage of higher heels in sizes 10 or higher are bought by or for men. Of course none of these mainstream TV news conglommerates will cover the story of men exercising their right to buy girl's shoes the way girls have exercised their freedom to buy guys' shoes. The ones that know for sure are the sales associates from places like Payless,Target and others not to mention all the Internet stores. I know some stores like Snaz75,ElectriqueBoutique,HowCool, and DimOutShoes have very large and established clienteles of men who love very high heels and it has nothing to do with the economy!!