Video: The Physics of High Heels

Driver8

Well, she did the math. But she would have done better if she had called that wedgie by it's correct name. The amount of platform on a shoe has almost nothing to do with the surface area presented to the ground, but the amount of sole presented by a wedge shoe does!

Did anyone else find the background noise anoying as much as I did?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I love it. Maybe that's a new way to open conversation with really stunning women, "You know, you have some reallly forceful elephant feet there (said with smile on face)" (haven't field tested this yet)

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I love it. Maybe that's a new way to open conversation with really stunning women, "You know, you have some reallly forceful elephant feet there (said with smile on face)" (haven't field tested this yet)

hmmmmm! I believe I would find some other way to work "elephant feet" into the conversation besides opening by remarking to the pretty, lovely thing something that can mistakenly be construed as telling her that her feet look like they belong on an elephant. (not the best way to began an acquaintance, IMHO) :winkiss:) :silly:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

hmmmmm! I believe I would find some other way to work "elephant feet" into the conversation besides opening by remarking to the pretty, lovely thing something that can mistakenly be construed as telling her that feet look like they belong on an elephant. (not the best way to began an acquaintance, IMHO) :winkiss:) :silly:

Ahh, I would beg to differ. A girl who is a 10 has spent all her life developing skills to blow men off. She just can't make time for all the men who approach her. Approaching with something different that initially makes her question herself, as opposed to stating something that is BORINGLY obvious to her (wow, you are soo beautiful), would create curiosity. My BODY LANGUAGE however, would be friendly and fun. Let's not forget that body language makes up 55% of human communication too.

Well, I guess you'd know better than me because it's been 35 years since I seriously and purposely flirted with anyone other than my bride. But, just for the sake of being on the safe side, I'd never get away with comparing to her face, my wife's feet with those of an elephant.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Haha, I would concur that trying that on your wife would be a bad idea. :winkiss: Just to make a few things clear. I wouldn't approach any girl but a 10 with this. The purpose is to falsely disqualify myself from appearing like a potential suitor. Additionally, it structures a challenge for the girl to prove herself to me too. And I wouldn't wait for a response from her either. Otherwise, she'd just say "you're a jerk." So before she could reply, I would continue with something else.

• 1 month later...

I wish she had been teaching my physics class back in college! I would have been significantly more attentive! I would think that the maximum heel height would be related more to physiology of the foot than physics -- as in how far the ankle can flex.

Have a happy time!

I thought it was really funny that they never showed the shoes that Sciencebabe was wearing as she walked about NYC. Her movement suggested at least a 3 inch heel. How can you talk exclusively about heels without referring to what she was wearing.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

I too think that the amount of flex in the ankle would make the difference. Women wear their best heels when they go out for a good time. If they get snockered in the meantime they don't take their heels off to go home, they just stumble their way along on home hanging onto their man. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

My guess is that the calculation is a bit of a joke. But the women from the video is real. PhD from Stanford with Laughlin. Her advisor won a Nobel Prize. You can see him when you look for the fashion shoot pics on her site.