Blind date this Saturday

mk4625

Thanks Yamyam. She left shortly after 2 since she has to prepare for her exams. But she did fall asleep with her head in my lap which is a good start for our first time alone (at least it is for me; I've been know to blow opportunities by not being aggressive enough).

Sounds like things went well. Congratulations. I'd like to think my fingers had something to do with it, but I guess not.

Actually, that really came out rather wrong. Sorry about that, but I hope you know what I mean :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Could be. My fingers didn't go anywhere except her face and hair.

:rofl:

Dear me! Well, that's made my evening! Excuse me whilst I laugh myself senseless (won't be long, don't have much sense :wink: )

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 4 weeks later...

I met Kathy's parents and other family members last Sunday and with one exception they liked me. It was billed as a Mother's Day family gathering but it was soon apparent that they had organized it specifically to meet me.

Kathy's sister-in-law didn't like my earrings and told Kathy's mom that she wondered whether I was gay (silly, I wear them on my left ear). Her attitude was quite unexpected since she comes from a country where men kiss men in public.

Kathy's mom said "Well I think it's all right as long as he takes them off during the wedding." (now wait a minute).

All in all, it was a successful evening. Kathy was dressed very provocatively (tube top, very tight denim skirt, and wood-bottomed slides with 4 in heels). Later on we went out for coffee and a movie.

Michael

I met Kathy's parents and other family members last Sunday and with one exception they liked me. It was billed as a Mother's Day family gathering but it was soon apparent that they had organized it specifically to meet me.

Kathy's sister-in-law didn't like my earrings and told Kathy's mom that she wondered whether I was gay (silly, I wear them on my left ear). Her attitude was quite unexpected since she comes from a country where men kiss men in public.

Kathy's mom said "Well I think it's all right as long as he takes them off during the wedding." (now wait a minute).

All in all, it was a successful evening. Kathy was dressed very provocatively (tube top, very tight denim skirt, and wood-bottomed slides with 4 in heels). Later on we went out for coffee and a movie.

Glad it went well. And you're obviously accepted if they've mentioned the w-word :wink:

Wow! Things move quickly in So. Cal. Hope things turn out the way you would like them to.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

So her mum talked weddings huh...

Break out the Tux my friend, you're a GONEBURGER !!

I've been introduced to girlfriends' families before and the word "wedding" usually scared me away. Not to mention any intense grilling about my past, of which (other than wearing women's shoes) there is very little to say that is interesting.

Michael

The w-word this early in the relationship would have me reaching for the only male shoes in my wardrobe ..... GTI running shoes ! ! !

Xa (tongue only half in cheek)

When I go out with someone (or date, if you prefer), I always ask myself the question "could I see myself marrying this person". I'm not sure why... it's just me. I go out with a purpose! Of course nothing has worked out that far yet, but it's always something to aim for! I don't go out for the purpose of sex like some of my friends (which disgusts me), mainly because I'm not interested in sex. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Don't let the thought of marriage worry you :wink:, mk4625. I'm sure that it's basically elderly relatives' way of saying that they like you! For me, if I go out with someone, it's because I enjoy their company, and want to be with them. That might be just sharing chips in a pub somewhere, or it might be more. The main thing for me is that the both of us want to be there and are enjoying each other's company, and sharing a special time. Whatever else happens is less important than sharing that special time.

I'm not interested in sex.

Give it time Squirrel, give it time. Once you find the right one we certainly won't be hearing from you on this board that's for sure :wink:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

I'm not interested in sex purely for religious reason. I have plenty of sexual desires and plenty of hormones rushing around telling me I should be having sex, I'm just opting out. As is my girlfriend for the same reasons. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I'm not interested in sex purely for religious reason. I have plenty of sexual desires and plenty of hormones rushing around telling me I should be having sex, I'm just opting out. As is my girlfriend for the same reasons.

SH

SH, I admire your moral stand. In these times when no-one seems to believe in anything other than hedonism, this is a reminder that people often are more noble than cynics would have us believe.

It's hard to write something like that without sounding sarcastic, but I honestly mean what I say without sarcasm. I don't share your beliefs, but I am proud to acknowledge them and respect them. Long may your moral courage last!

IMO waiting to have sex is such an outdated sham of an idea...why would you want to have sex with only one person your entire life? (unless u get divorced)...id rather play the field a little bit and have fun when im young than be a square and squander my youth and vitality...i mean when im going out with a girl im not in it just for sex...but id CERTAINLY never turn it down and its always nice to get.....just my opinion on the subject though..to each his own i suppose

While I do not feel waiting till marrage to have sex is out-dated, for some of us marrage is not an option. There are plenty of risks related to sleeping around, tis why I went a couple years between doing anything with anyone till I found someone special that I'm still with a year and a half later :D It's definatly a personal matter, and I never hold it against a friend if they play the field, although I would definatly keep that in mind if I was to develop a relationship with someone. You just can't overlook that in these times. Besides, it feels alot better to wake up next to someone who's still there after they learn about your odd quirks, and who you're still next to after you learn about theirs :wink: Have a good one Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Besides, it feels alot better to wake up next to someone who's still there after they learn about your odd quirks, and who you're still next to after you learn about theirs :wink:

Have a good one

Jim

This is definitely true! I'm not into playing the field, but I didn't wait until I was married. However, for me, sex is a only a part of a relationship with someone. There are much more special things, like talking, like holding one another, just having a good time together. Right now, I would try and make sure that enough things work between myself and a special someone before I jump on them.

I'm not into playing the field, but I didn't wait until I was married. However, for me, sex is a only a part of a relationship with someone.

I'm not into playing the field either. I usually stick with a girlfriend until she either dumps me or the relationship sort of cools off and we stop calling each other. While I'm in a relationship I'm always completely faithful, although I have sometimes not been given the same consideration.

I think it's okay for some people but not for me. A longtime ladyfriend played the field for many years until she found the man she is now married to. So it worked out fine in this case.

Michael