Blind date this Saturday

mk4625

A longtime ladyfriend Dottie is setting me up this Saturday with a coworker of one of her girlfriends. We will be having dinner at the home of Dottie's girlfriend Lori, who was suitably impressed by the way I took care of Dottie before she married, when she had her eye surgery. Dottie is familiar with my boot fetish, but doesn't know that I myself wear women's boots. Dottie finding out is not the problem. I know she would be sympathetic and it would not change our friendship. She probably already suspects that I'm into such things. I have many feminine tastes and habits and Dottie thinks of me as one of her "girlfriends". QUESTION: If my date and I decide to see each other again, should I wait until I have known her for awhile (say 3 or 4 months) before telling her about my unusual hobby? Previously I had come out after knowing my last girlfriend for over a year, and the result was a disaster!

Michael

it could be an idea that when you meet, that you wear some lowish heels, say 3", and that way you can acclimatise her to your fashion choice. She'll either accept you straight away, if she notices at all or she'll go with you on the first date and decide there and then if she wishes to stay on with. Her choice will be then be based on your personality rather than your fashion sense.

Francis' advice is good. However, if you decide not to wear heels on your first date, I would definately tell her by the time it became obvious the relationship was going to be more than just the normal "boyfriend-girlfriend" encounter. She should know you wear heels before she makes a commitment that could be devistating to you both.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Wear the heels around the 3" mark on the date and play it by ear. What is there to lose? I think it might be the best and quick way to get to know each other to see that you are compatable. My current GF found through all the stuff I had on my web browser and she put it all to gather at once. She asked that if I wear HH. I admitted that I do and she was really impressed. Let me tell you, it put me into shock for awhile that it was that easy. :wink:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Thanks guys. I think I'll wear my clogs and a black silk scarf this time. I have an earring that I would bring along but I need a total of three piercings to wear it. Haven't gotten around to doing the cartilage one yet.

Michael

I just recently had a similar situation, except for the blind date part. I had already talked to a girl 4 times over the phone until we could fit a date into each others very busy schedules. Well the date went so well she invited me up into her place. Then after a couple of hours of cuddling and kissing, she asked me if I was going to remove my boots. I was wearing my NICKELS globe, flat kneehighs. She even complimented them earlier on in the evening by saying nice shoes! So, I was nervous to say the least. So, I unzipped them and she said, "knee highs!" I said, "unique!" And she smiled and nodded a yes. The next morning she said, "those are some REAL boots!" We're scheduled for a second date and things are going very well so I gather it's no big deal to her. Being in New York City, maybe she figures they were actually mens boots. She may not know yet that they were womens...

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

There's something going on here... I'm also off on a date on Sunday. It isn't a blind date, but I've only seen the lady in question once before. At that time, I was in my 4" wedges. So she's only ever seen me in heels. But she was one side of a bar and I was the other side, so she's only seen me from the waist up. Now, what to do? I don't feel brave enough to go for the 4" wedgies again. I have a pair of 1.5" block heel boots which are quite subtle, but I can't walk as well in them as I can in my 4". (How does *that* work? Perhaps it's the rubber bouncy heels.) So... do I go for it in low heeled boots, and work up from there...? Or do I wear my trainers and tell her later?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

You'll have to wear something raised, even if only a little bit.

You can't turn up 4 inches shorter than when you last met her now can you??

Well, I went in trainers, and got told to sod off. So perhaps I should have worn heels.

(And yes, there is slightly more to it than that but I don't plan to talk about it)

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

there must have been a different reason for her reply, as I don't think it would have been footwear related

It wasn't, and that's all I'm going to say.

but you'd probably have felt more comfortable in your heels

Perhaps. Don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a second meeting with Kathy this evening at Lori's (they escaped from Vietnam together 24 years ago). She wasn't too crazy about the piercings. But she seems to like me enough to accept it and I'm taking her out this coming weekend. She did like my scarf though. And the manicure with clear polish. She is 43, dresses beautifully, and has lovely feet and hands. I couldn't get my eyes off those 3 inch heeled slings. If I can have this lady I would consider myself very lucky. Meanwhile the experiments with high heels, boots, shoulder length gloves, and suspender belts continue...

Michael

Hey SH, I nearly used Squirrel as my nickname. When I lived in Bracknell and repaired computers for Dixons, the staff would call me Secret Squirrel or SSHHH because I was the managers best kept secret. In other words, I fixed the computers that should have been done under the Mastercare label, but couldn't because the machine had been back before :wink: plus I'd make working machines from the dead ones in the warehouse! But, since you brought the subject up, please do tell us why you chose to use Squirrel in your nickname! :D

Don't you just love random numbers like that?

I first learned about pseudorandom numbers on that job.

I'm surprised no-one ever asked where the "squirrel" came from.

My guess would be a variation of "kitten" heels.

Yamyam: Sometimes I think Kathy is not interested in me at all. But her friend Lori says she is just painfully shy around men. Lori wanted a man who was nonthreatening and slightly effeminate to be Kathy's friend.

Michael

Yamyam: Sometimes I think Kathy is not interested in me at all. But her friend Lori says she is just painfully shy around men. Lori wanted a man who was nonthreatening and slightly effeminate to be Kathy's friend.

Well, I hope it works out. Sometimes just spending lots of time together helps get over shyness, and you find the real person underneath. And I've found that shy people are always worth getting to know, even tho' it's harder for me as I'm a 200MPH talker :wink:

But, since you brought the subject up, please do tell us why you chose to use Squirrel in your nickname! :wink:

Well... I actually kinda stole the nickname from someone on a Wiki I used to read quite a lot, who was called "7ft squirrel", and stuck "heels" on the end... I quite like the name so stuck with it, and it's rather unique! Unfortunately it's not quite as interesting as Francis' story...! Sorry!

SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Well... I actually kinda stole the nickname from someone on a Wiki I used to read quite a lot,

What's a "Wiki"?? :D:wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Kathy is coming over tomorrow night. We're going out for dinner and coffee. Then rent some movies. Depending upon how it turns out I may ask her to stay until morning. She lightens up considerably when it's just the two of us on the phone. Perhaps she was inhibited by other people being around the last time we met.

Michael

Got my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Yamyam. She left shortly after 2 since she has to prepare for her exams. But she did fall asleep with her head in my lap which is a good start for our first time alone (at least it is for me; I've been know to blow opportunities by not being aggressive enough).

Michael