Monty Python

Because they are um.... made of ... wood ? :smile: And because of that, they can float in the water, just like .... ducks! So use balance scales, with a duck in one scale, and the suspected witch in the other scale. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tom-NL on 2002-05-21 12:07 ]</font>

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

GAWD! Monty Python sucks raw thousand day old eggs. It's right up there on my list of the very worst flicks of all time along with Buckaroo Banzai... PLEEZE, LET THIS THREAD DIE THE QUIET DEATH IT SO RICHLY DESERVES! :x :(:lol: (you need one of the little yellow face being gagged with a spoon)

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Oh, and speaking of comedy, does anyone watch Father Ted? I have BBC America here in California, and we get all sorts of British shows. I've been waiting to see the new Fater ted season, yet all we get is repeats of old shows. :lol:

Sadly, the chap who plays Father Ted died not long ago, quite suddenly. So the repeats are all we get.

I was never that into it when it was on, but I discovered it not long ago. All together now: "These are small, and those are far away!" :(

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Francis, Cheers and thanks for liking my pinky-purpley hair! Azrealle, I'm sorry you don't like Python, but not everyone shares your point of view, being our thread is on its' 4th page... Yam-yam, I didn't hear that he died, what a shame. I did enjoy watching that show. "These are small, and those are far away!" (cue Dougal shaking his head) :lol: That was a good episode, Graham Norton was on it. I watch So Graham Norton. I pretty much only watch BBC America. Coupling is really funny, oh Changing Rooms is another good show... Ok, new Python question.. Who plays the vet in the 'Confuse a Cat' skit?

So many shoes, so little time...

Jezebel, I too like your hair, although I am probably in the minority in my rather conservative locale--a high school girl was expelled for 3 days last year for coming to school with her hair dyed purple--and her mother had helped her dye it! So it wasn't just a "kid's thing". I still can't stomach Monty Python, though, sorry!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Hi azrealle, Thank you! I've had my hair this colour for about 2 years, my niece is a hairdresser and she had fun doing it, and I kept it that way as I liked it. I'm 24, and thankfully have had no problems being employed with my hair this colour. (I work part-time as a special effects artist.) As far as Monty Python, it's no problem that you don't like it. There's probably lots of other things that we have in common and can chat about on the boards! :lol:

So many shoes, so little time...

Ardal Hanlon (I think that's right) who was also in Father Ted is in "My Hero" which has the same nonsensical approach as Father Ted and to my rather juvenile sense of humour is incredibly funny.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 6 months later...

Way back in the early 1970's, I remember watching a strange comedy program on television. The people were supposedly talking english, but they had a strange accent that made it difficult for me to understand. I had to learn new words or new meanings to words such as lift (elevator), holiday (vacation), lu (restroom), and so on. This was my first experience hearing British people talk. Yet in spite of these difficulties, I took a liking to the show, known as Monty Python's Flying Circus. Since it only aired on public broadcasting stations in the USA, it would air for a few years, then disappear for many years, then reappear for a few years, and so on and so on. About 15 years later when I purchased my first video cassette recorder, I was able to record many of the Monty Python episodes. Then about another 15 years later when DVD's became popular, I purchased the Complete Monty Python Flying Circus on DVD. Some of my favorite sketches are: 1 - the lumberjack song. 2 - The Minister of Silly Walks. 3 - The SPAM sketch. 4 - The candy made from bug parts and fluids (such as lark vomit). 5 - The cheese shop 6 - all of Terry Gilliams animations 7 - and too many more to list here I also own all the Fawlty Towers episodes on DVD.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I blow my nose at you, a fart in your general direction!! your fathers a hamster and your mother smells of elderberries. Oops... sorry, I just enjoy that crummy French person with the attitude. Nice to see Python fans here... any Goon Show buffs??? Alas in South Africa we were shown mostly American programming in the early years of TV so missed the classic British stuff.. Camelot? tis a silly place. Oh, and dont forget the black knight.. "lets call it a draw"