Monty Python

It would appear that some of use have a soft spot for a bit of Monty Python and related films. As some already know, I have the full script to Life of Brian along with many songs that I have found on the net. Some of these songs I have to sing along with my landlord, who has his own website. Sometimes these songs get a little loud, but lots of fun! So come on! Admit that you love Monty Python or similar shows of hilarity or I shall recite the whole of The Four Yorkshiremen :smile:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well. Monty Python is still alive and kicking. I like many of their songs an movies. Movies like Jabberwocky, Life of brian, The holy grail. By the way, the song about high heels, wasnt that from a film/show called "The hollywood bowl" or something?

Hiya all,

I've sent some of you the definative MPFC site.

Here it is again: http://www.montypython.net/fullsketches.php

If you have a reasonable sound blaster you're off and running.

Also I've seen a MP interactive CD, it even had a series of tastless messages you could load on your answering service. I remember one particularily bad one had something to do with contacting a society where memory was not one it's strong points.

Also there were games one which involved hitting cats, police and royalty on the head, think it was called the gofer game. :lol

Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

How many can remember this bit of gibberish? "First thou shalt take out the holy pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count and the number of counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count neither thou two, excepting that thou now proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch toward thy foe, who being naughty in sight, shall snuff it. :lol What was the foe? Inga :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-02-07 10:31 ]</font>

I suppose MP is a passion of mine, it all happened in my teens. How many of these can you remember: Mrs G Pinnet (Crump - Pinnet) Malcolm Peter Brian Telescope Adrian Blackpool Rock Stoatgobbler John Raw Vegetable Brrroooo Norman Michael (rings bell) (blows whistle) Edward (sounds car horn) (does train impersonation) (sounds buzzer) Thomas Moo... (sings) 'We'll keep a welcome in the...' (fires gun) William (makes silly noise) 'Raindrops keep falling on my' (weird noise) 'Don't sleep in the subway' (cuckoo cuckoo) Naaoooo... Smith. Merci, mon petit chou-chou Brian Trubshawe. Et maintenant avec les pieds à droite, et les pieds au gauche, et maintenant l'Anglais-Française Marche Futile, et voilà Inga :smile: Francis you should be able to work these out.

Oh and one more sorry, I'm getting silly and this is the last: "Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah" Sketch? Anyone seen the upper , middle and lower class sketch. I've read it in a book, brilliant, but never seen it. Don't think it was a MP sketch as it had the two Ronnies and Cleese in it. Inga :smile:

Talking about Fawlty Towers, anybody remember how Polly liked to wear very tall cork platform wedge sandals in the episodes? She could move very well in them, even chasing John Cleese around behind the counter.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Inga If I remember rightly - The upper middle and lower class sketch came from TW3 (That was the week that was) in the mid to late 60's. Great sketch, with John Cleese ,Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett (in that order!) I cant remember watching TW3, but I've seen it mentioned on several programmes. I saw a couple of Fawlty Towers shows on cable the other day, still as fresh and funny as ever. These were the one with Basil the Siberian Hamster and "dont mention the war" - classic TV. I'm a great fan of old comedy programmes.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv