Monty Python

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re Fawlty Towers: Luc, I can remember Polly's cork wedges. I also seem to remember Sybil wearing some clunky platforms as well, at times. Used to like Polly's wedges (still do!)

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

It took her 4 hours to bury that cat, if my memory serves me correct! Doesn't always though :smile:

Maybe I should give someone else a chance here!

Posted ImageQapla'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Francis on 2002-02-08 18:45 ]</font>

Francis, you've got a good memory. Anyhow here's another one. What did Ken Clean-Air-System have for lunch and who was his manager? What happen to the Camembert cheese? Just after the "I don't care how f#@king runny it is. Hand it over with all speed" bit. Inga :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-02-09 00:33 ]</font>

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

C'mon people! I don't want to be the one answering all the questions! The Managers name was Engelbert Humperdinck. The lunch was rubbing gravel into his hair. And, lastly, the cat had eaten the camembert cheese. Time to set another one, Inga !!

• 2 weeks later...

"The Meaning of Life" (heels version)

Why are we here? ... to talk about heels

What's life all about? ... to wear heels

Is God really real? ... did he invent heels?

Or is there some doubt? ... definately

Well tonight, we're going to sort it all out

For this is the meaning of 'heels'

I'm in mad mode and I don't care !!! :smile:

Posted ImageQapla'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Francis on 2002-02-26 01:38 ]</font>

I know that Spike Milligan isn't exactly related to Monty Python... but close enough. I heard about his death today... pretty tragic. Unfortunately I've never seen/read/heard much of the stuff from that era, but my dad has that sense of humour, so a lot of it has rubbed off onto me and my brother. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

the holly grail is a great movie...one of my favorites...i have a boxed set of monty python stuff...i also have every single simpsons episode ever produced (189 cds) and every seinfeld episode ever (154 cds)..im working on jackass episodes and familly guy ones too...i like collecting shows, never know when they will come in handy on a rainy day =)

Spike Milligan was part of the Goons with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. He did have some influence on Monty Python as John Cleese also worked with Spike on certain sketches. Spike's passing will be deeply mourned by millions around the world as a great comedy mind has been lost. I would like to extend my condolences to the family of Spike should they ever visit this board. He was a great man and a brilliant entertainer. He kept a smile even when his life wouldn't have permitted.

Hiya Francis, Might need a bit of guidence here. Goons were: Peter Sellers, Harry Secombe, Spike Milligan. Each played several characters. I understand that 'Eccles' was Spike's favourite. Milligan's description of Eccles was the he was a "part time human being who's height varied between 2'6" and 18'3" depending on food environment and bed size" He also had had 18,312 interviews for jobs, yet never employed. Also "currently living on a rocky atoll in the French Atomic Bombing Range" Such was his imagination, brilliant. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

You don't like Mr Bean???!!!!! You won't like the new animated series they're screening in UK at the moment then. I think it's even funnier than the original and I like the way that they got all the little things right. Even the padlock on his car. :smile:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I got more laughs from the wifes paraplegic father than I do from Mr.Bean I know that Rowan Atkinson must have been practising for Mr.Bean back in the 80's. He was a guest at the senior ranks mess hall at HMS Tamar in Hong Kong and my parents were in attendance. They remarked that despite his comedian status he didn't say anything remotely funny all night and indeed was morose for the most of it. Rowan Atkinson is great when there's a script, take the talking out and you've got nothing, which just about sums him up!

What animated Mr Bean thing?

I'm a big Python fan, and as I work in the computer industry, there are always references to 4 Yorkshiremen &c &c. Anytime anyone mentions anything more than about two versions old, anyone around goes into a 4 Yorkshiremen bit.

I also like the Pink Panther movies, and actually, old comedy in general.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 3 weeks later...

I love Monty Python as well. As for Mr. Bean, I prefer Rowen as Black Adder. I think it's comical and Baldrick was great. His cast is funnier than he is. I didn't much care for the WW1 version of it though, although I can't remember what season that was.

So many shoes, so little time...

Oh, and speaking of comedy, does anyone watch Father Ted? I have BBC America here in California, and we get all sorts of British shows. I've been waiting to see the new Fater ted season, yet all we get is repeats of old shows. :smile:

So many shoes, so little time...

the WW1 set of Blackadder was "Blackadder Goes Forth". A clue in the title. Fourth Season :smile: Blackadder was probably his best as his support was excellent. The same was true of "Not The Nine O'clock News". Sketched were always better with him in, but not by himself. Interaction seems to be a better suit for Rowan.

• 1 month later...