Hello from Michigan USA

Wow! This is my First post on a great site. I thought I was the only guy out there who just could not get over a love of heels. After hanging out in the background, reading of others adventures, I am able to embrace what I really enjoy and not feel like a mutant.

I have gravitated to womens heels ever since I was a child, playing with my mothers old shoes that were down in the toybox for my sister to play dress up. If I could not wear the shoes since people were around (because even as a child, I knew that boys did not wear heels), I would make my own heels by putting toy wooden letter blocks in my socks to boost up my heels.

For years I would sneak my sisters heels on when no one was home, and eventually, later, my wifes heels.

After vicariously reading of others exploits here at hhplace, last week I made a bold move and ordered a pair of heels for myself. Rather than having a pair of heels that had to be open in the back since they were 4 sizes too small, I followed a link to a seller that I discovered here and ordered a size 12 pair of black boots. LOVE the high heel boots. After I ordered online, I could not go back, so, I waited 2 heart fluttering days for the package to arrive at work (Wouldn't want it to show up at home, as I believe my wife has no notion), I happened to catch the package sitting at the secretarys desk before they were delivered in the office waiting to be sorted.

I was even more excited to have them in hand. After all, these were my foot size!

Here are the boots I got:

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=19794&pid=612003&scid=612003002

I put them on in the car at the end of the day and drove home. A grown man should not think 'wheee!', but "WHEEE!" I wore them around the house until I suspected the family would be coming home and then put them away.

Later that evening, I had to run an errand, so I took them and wore them driving again. I needed some gas for the car, so I stopped with them on, and heeled in public (albeit a very small public, between the car and the gas pump, maybe 3 steps).

The boots seem just a bit big, but when I checked the web site for a smaller size, they are out, so I will make due with MY HIGH HEEL BOOTS. (Sounds right when said that way). At least it saved me the potential embarassment of another box coming to work with the shoe store name on the outside ("Boy, you keep getting boxes of womens shoes")

I have had them a week as of today, and I have worn them mostly in my car, to and from work, and other driving during the work day.

Welcome to hhplace, kzcold :w00t2: You picked a very nice pair of boots as your first pair. You should be able to wear them anywhere with hardly any reaction. Wearing them in public is easy. Just put them on, and go about your business naturally and with confidence. You will feel anxious wearing them in the open at first. But your confidence will grow the more you wear them and soon you will be looking for a pair of boots with higher heels. How to handle your wife's reaction? You should tell her because at some point she will discover them and there will be some pointed questions as to where they came from and why you have them. You know her and her attitude towards people that are "different." We wish you good luck in deciding how to tell her. ;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks Bubba, You are right about the more I wear them, the more I will be looking for additional heels. I have a feeling that now that the genie is out of the bottle, it won't want to go back in. Would you have a size or style of heel you would recommend for a beginner to strive for? Of course that could be a question that comes down to personal choice with everyone having a different preference.

Thanks Bubba,

You are right about the more I wear them, the more I will be looking for additional heels. I have a feeling that now that the genie is out of the bottle, it won't want to go back in. Would you have a size or style of heel you would recommend for a beginner to strive for? Of course that could be a question that comes down to personal choice with everyone having a different preference.

I've always found that a nice black or brown penny loafer stiye, with 2 1/2" to 3" block heels, are always good to wear anywhere in public without attracting much attention. Just like your boots, the general public won't take a second glance and, after a few weeks, your confidence will be reinforced to a point that you might want to go with a little higher heel. Also, if you wear your trouser legs a little longer than you normally wear them, it will hide the shoes an lend to a more normal appearance. Please let us know how you get along.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba, You stated in one of the other posts that you can search the members list for locations of others. As I can't seem to access this listing/function, is this one of the items such as avatars that are blocked until you get a minimum number of posts?

I believe it is. I also believe your ability to use it becomes available after five posts.....doesn't it someone?

Well, I decided yesterday would be a good time to take a walk in the neighborhood while wearing my heels, as it was 6 am, the sun was not up, the weather was a slight misty rain, and I had a big dog on a leash. That should be enough distraction for any casual observer away from my feet. My goal was to walk around the block. It started out well enough, but in the wee hours of the morning, the clacking of the heels completely caught me off guard. I have mostly worn them on the carpet, and the heel on the pavement seemed unnaturally loud. I made it about one block down before my nerves got too much for me and I had to come back home and change into some silent hiking boots to complete the walk. I told myself that the enormous sound was all in my head and the actual sound was much less. However, I was unable to convince myself, and I called myself chicken for the remainder of the walk. However, to make up for this lack of self confidence, I had to go into work for a few hours of paperwork, so I took my boots. Since it was Sunday morning, there was only one other person there, and he soon left. I put my boots on and walked around the office as I was doing my paperwork, and it was much quieter on the carpeting. I believe I may have printed several more things than I normally would, as it gave me the opportunity to get up and walk to the printer and back. It was fun having them on at work, and fun walking around in a 'regular' situation, rather than hidden away. Perhaps this will become a common event that will require additional weekend work to clean up paperwork.

Welcome to this forum kzcolt :-)

BTW, it looks like we cannot see your boots anymore on http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/prod...scid=612003002

Do you have a picture you can attach to you post ?

Until I can figure out how to update my skill set to include attaching pictures to posts :winkiss:, check them out on my Avatar :silly:.

It looks like they have moved to their next seasons selections and pulled those that were older

Until I can figure out how to update my skill set to include

attaching pictures to posts, check them out on my Avatar

Nice boots :-)

To attach a picture to your post, click on the "Go to advanced" button at the bottom of screen

(At the bottom right of window where you are typing your message).

On the advanced screen, click on the "paper clip" button on top (This is the attach picture button)

Browse to your picture(s) in your hard-drive and click on the "upload" button.

welcome kzcolt and a great first outing experience. The first is always the hardest but now you know it ain't all that big a deal. So, now just be you! Dress for your own pleasure. best wishes on future heel excursions. Cathy & David

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Welcome to the Forum. The more you wear your heels, the more you will want to wear them and in more places. So, enjoy them as often as possible and your confidence will grow along with the enjoyment in the wearing. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!