Negative Reactions

tcollins

Hi All, I, along with most everyone else on this forum, have read many encouraging stories posted by fellow members while out in heels. This has been very encouraging as I continue to explore new places while wearing heels, however always in the back of my mind I constantly wonder what is the worst that can/will happen if and when I am noticed. Fortunately, I have had only two encounters, both with women and both positive. What I would like to hear about is the negative reactions some of you have had and how you reacted. I hope this will help prepare me (and maybe other) for that inevitable encounter. Thank you in advance. TC

Worst....HMMM The worst experience I have had was: I walked into Wal-Mart, caught up with my wife and asked her how much longer she would be and, did I have time to check out their shoes. She said "not long and no" so I turned around went back out the same door I came in. As I aproached the greeter at the door she smiled, I went over to ask her what she was smiling about? She said she was amazed that I could walk so well in those shoes, then asked how high the heel was. I told her 5"s. The gal sitting next to her said I was some sort of creep for wearing "womens shoes" and that I should be locked up. The first gal told me to keep on truck'n and do what I like. I thanked them both and left. What you will find is that, as everyone here says, as you walk around in your heel of choice, IF you act confident as you walk most people won't even notice. Those that do will more then likely not say anything or there jaw will drop and they will ask "cool!! how do you walk in those?" Mostly I have found that I just have fun and enjoy the time I have wearing my heels out and about. Take care.....Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

A guy used to scream "poof" at me from a speeding car until I cught him waiting at traffic lights once. He doesn't do it any more. I think though that if that's the worst you're going to get then it ain't a bad lifestyle!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

A guy used to scream "poof" at me from a speeding car until I cught him waiting at traffic lights once. He doesn't do it any more.

I think though that if that's the worst you're going to get then it ain't a bad lifestyle!

Had something similar happen when out in heels with a friend. but will never see them again so tend not to worry about it.

sorry this one will be long again, try to finnish the story.... This outing is not counted as a going out in public to me, it was one day before halloween, and was i think a friday, halloween was on saturday, anyway...that friday night I went out from my house at around 12am with a bag full of candies, in a vamp outfit 5 inch heel black boots, face with a scary makeup. My prupose was to take a walk around the block, ....no one was on the street, and there were only people going out to have drinks etc, so the atmosphere was a little relaxed, I could hear people having fun in the background like if there were some get together in some houses around etc, I was walking only one block and just like that... very quick ...these guys in a bronco pickup truck with the stereo at the highest volume passed beside me,.. so fast,..... i thought that hopefully they didnt noticed I was a guy wearing a femme vamp costume with a 5inch stilleto boots, the truck passed quick as I said, and then before taking the next block and turning right or left they decided to go back so they turned around, and turn on the fog lamps to me and stayed there staring, (exactly for some seconds I was realizing that that was actualy happening, but one thing was true..... I didnt freak out ......for some reason I was very calmed..... I saw there were two guys maybe in their twenties on that truck, .......the longer they were staying there pointing the lamps to me my patience ran up, I started to feel offended and it didnt took much for me to be ready and focus to strike if one got the nerve to get out from that truck, I got very angry, I remember, I decided to walk straight the line not turning around and keep looking at them, for sure they couldnt id me since my make up was really bloody scary, but the fact that I were in heels gave me a disadvantage, they stayed there for 20 seconds and then decided to aproach slowly, (like a movie really)......exactly at that point I started to think one million things, what would happen if I fight and then the police come and arrest everybody and me in 5 inch high heels arguing what heppened with the officer etc, .....well what the hell....I said if it happens it happens and is halloween, I got a good explanation for my wife and friends , family etc, which wouldnt be important at that point., then I started to think what if this guys are armed? in any case I decided to continue walking and not rushing, then the truck was almost beside me when the guy shouted "Freak!!!!!", he stayed 5 seconds and I responded to his face, "If you have real balls let me show you how freak I am, get the f..ck out of that looser truck ....you and your goomar both at the same time here and now". I couldnt believe that I said that knowing the consequences, but in any case they provoque me, (I know it was really stupid but it made me boil) The guy remain staring for 3 seconds not more and fuel the truck and made the noise of the tires like if he was a hot rod, that was so reliefing and satisfying, f.....ckn cowards I shouted. With no time to loose I walked back home checking no one was watching me from the distance, I changed and got out again into front garden to water the plants, wanted to see if they were comming back but it didnt happened, hope I gave them a lesson. Now I feel stupid to said that because the purpose is to do my thing not to start or continue a stupid fight. Fortunatelly nothing happened, now I cautious and knowing my self more in how I react I prefer to prepare my outings carefully, I am a very sensitive guy when wearing heels. hehehe and very calm indeed just that night was different.

V. Morpho

My worst experience was while wearing my fetish leather and boots to an outdoor outlet mall a few years back. 3 young punks walked by started smirking as they passed by. They then doubled back and started to follow me. After a few seconds the bravest one started to make tasteless comments about my sexual preferences,etc. When one of his cohorts suggested beating my ass, i stopped immediately and whirled around to face them. I walked right up to the ringleader and got 3 inches from his face and said "well here i am,go and and try it on and see if it fits". The 3 *clowns* scattered like 3 leaves in a november wind storm. 2 older sales ladies that had witnessed the event while standing outside there store told me "way to go" and one gave me a thumbs up(she also said that she liked my boots,especially how tall they were..crotch high like the boots in my avatar only with 4 inch heels). Seems that they had made the rounds previously and had hassled them. so the best course seems to not to look for trouble,but if i crops up,face it head on and make the best of it.

My worst experience by far was 12-15 yrs back. I dressed up as a TV, but as a really bad one, and walked through a pedestrian area somewhere in Europe. A group of teenagers surrounded me like crows attacking a hawk, screaming all kind of bad things and made me leave.

More recently, last summer, to be precise, I walked more with long jeans and in men's clothes, wearing various 4-5" heels. While for 90+% of the time, everything went fine, some teenage girls were laughing at me and then later, there was a lady who even called her friends to look and laugh at me. Also, at another time on the streets somewhere, I passed a hispanic guy who turned back his head after passing me and laughed.

So far, I had a much better experience when going out like described here:

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/12050-streetheeling_strategies_normal_man_secret_heels_vs_dressed_up_woman.html#post190362

No negative comments yet ... just at one point, a van drove by and some folks were screaming out of the window "Oh my god!!!". I can live with something like this though ;-)

Hmm.....weeks ago, after my 5.5" heel purchase, I went over to another store to see what they had to choose from. Getting to walk to the door was a hassle, but I made it. I walked in slowly on the rugs, and as soon as floor was visible, my heels started clicking, and caught the attention of, whom I guess was, the store manager. She fled to the back area to tell a few of her workers to come see me, and then came back out and passed me by. While I was browsing, another person walks pass....and then another....and then another. Not feeling phased yet, I quickly found a seat cause my feet were beginning to weaken. Tried on some pairs I saw, and while doing that, the same people passed me by, one by one, and I started to get uncomfortable. So I quickly massaged my feet, put the heels back on, and slowly but steadily, walked out the store. The manager then eyed me from the window (probably hoping for me to fall or tumble) all the way til I got in my truck. Heh, talk about awkward store people! Another time, which was more briefer, was when I was leaving the mall. As I walked to my truck, teenagers (whom I didn't know, luckily) entering the mall were walking to the doors. The male must have said something and the female said "You mean!" and laughed.

Formally "HHDude"

1rst time to my club in heels, the end of the night, while walking, sore-footed- back to the car, a car full of young punks yelled a gay slang to me, but kept driving. That's it. So far. But, I am also not a small person, and know (and show) I can handle myself very well. People can and do think things to themselves, but who cares?

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I have been wanting to post about my real life outings for a while but for some reason never felt right doing it... Every wednesday we have whats called orange wednesdays where you get 2 for 1 at our local cinema. For the pat 6 weeks I have gone in normal guys attire but with heels.. First couple of times were 3 inch pointed toe ankle boots which were pretty much silent when I walked but when seated were pretty obvious... - No comments 3rd and 4th times were a much more feminine ankle boot with much more slender heels although no where near a stiletto again tho, no comments 5th time... 3.75" heeled ankle boots with a rounded toe and a laced ribbon at the back, this time we were early and I sat in the foyer. Obviously sitting pulled my trouser legs up and heels were there to be seen and being a solid heel (chunky yet tapered) they made some decent noise when walking.. No comments Last time was to see Confessions of a shopaholic. I wor my new Evans, 4" patent stiletto lace up oxfords. Didnt even try to hide them, they clicked while I walked and being patent with chrome eyelets made them quite obvious even when I was standing.. We got there early to get a good seat as it was opening night and I had to stand at the front of the cue to the auditorium for a good 20 mins befor ethe door opened and one young girl spotted the shoes, smiled and whispered to her boyfriend. He staretd too but nothing was said... Overall I am very proud of myself and how I have felt with this and no bad experiences yet. I want to get the oxfords stel heel tipped soon. See how many notice when they can really hear them coming lol. On a side note... My wife was wearing boots on the wednesday it was icy. She slipped. I didnt... Mine were 3.75" hers were 2" lol Love you all Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

Hmm.....weeks ago, after my 5.5" heel purchase, I went over to another store to see what they had to choose from. Getting to walk to the door was a hassle, but I made it. I walked in slowly on the rugs, and as soon as floor was visible, my heels started clicking, and caught the attention of, whom I guess was, the store manager. She fled to the back area to tell a few of her workers to come see me, and then came back out and passed me by. While I was browsing, another person walks pass....and then another....and then another. Not feeling phased yet, I quickly found a seat cause my feet were beginning to weaken. Tried on some pairs I saw, and while doing that, the same people passed me by, one by one, and I started to get uncomfortable. So I quickly massaged my feet, put the heels back on, and slowly but steadily, walked out the store. The manager then eyed me from the window (probably hoping for me to fall or tumble) all the way til I got in my truck. Heh, talk about awkward store people!

Another time, which was more briefer, was when I was leaving the mall. As I walked to my truck, teenagers (whom I didn't know, luckily) entering the mall were walking to the doors. The male must have said something and the female said "You mean!" and laughed.

This sort of reminds me of one of my earlier experiences:

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/7003-5_1_2_stiletto_experiences.html#post119596

I thank all of you for posting your experiences and hope other will add to this thread. So if I'm correct, the trend goes that the more subtle you present yourself, the less reaction you will generate, and therefore, the more "shocking" you look the greater the chance for a negative encounter. Either way, what I am noticing is most negative encounters only generate a moment or two of awkwardness (when people stare) or slight embarrassment (when people actually voice a comment) and then it's over as they and you move on. And the best way to handle the awkwardness/embarrassment is to "face it" directly (by not running away) and make the issue the other persons problem, not yours. Does this sound right to everyone? Am I missing anything? Thank you all so much for your input. Knowing what to expect really makes all of life's encounters much easier. TC

I lived near some really good friends a few years back. One couple were gay, another couple were lesbians, yet another couple claimed they were swingers, and some really nice straight single and married couples. They encouraged me to wear whatever I wanted when we were together on one of our back porches. One evening, we had to go on a "beverage" run. One of my lesbian friends dared me to buy the beverages in what I was wearing: An oversized sweatshirt (covering my crotch), dark gray tights and white lace up platform boots with 7 inch block heels and 3 inch platform soles. She said she would drive. After a few minutes of intense goading by all, I agreed. So, she drove me to the store in my truck. We both got out and walked to the door. She waited by the store window while I walked in and collected the beverages. When I got in the back of a 3 person line, everyone in the line and behind the checkout counter caught note of my attire. The man in front of me kept staring up at me and down at my boots. My friend was outside howling in laughter with a lady who worked in the store. I could only think of one thing to say, "Hey, my friends talked me into this!!!" And that was all it took. Everyone broke out in smiles and some chuckled. I did have to show my drivers license when I paid for my beverages. But, I got a discount purchase card in the process!! What started out as potentially negative reactions ended up turning out ok.

Similar to some earlier comments....

This to is my first "experience" thread.

I have been heeling (or is it street heeling) for years.

Some of the venues:

Best Buy (only once and way away from home), Giant Markets, WAWA and 7-11 convenience stores, Blockbuster and Hollywood video stores, Fashion Bugs stores, Walgreens, CVS and RiteAid Stores, Dairy Queens stores and generally stores that have extended later hours....

Shoes of choice are:

Nine West ankle boot with 4in heels (I think the style is "Raydon" or something like that .....)

Fredericks of Hollywood - Cage style sandals in black

Pair of ankle strap stilettos heels from 6ihf (in a more conservative 12cm heel)

Some positive comments (all from women) were generally centered on how well I was able to walk in such high heels and how they would never be able to wear similar shoes.

But since the topic was negative comments -

Here's the one that I can share.

I was travelling on business - Tom's River / Brick / Lakewood NJ area.

Usu. after putting in my work day - which can be 8 hrs up to 16 to 20 hours - I'll head back to the hotel and change into jeans and heels and travel out for food...

One evening after leaving the hotel room (blue denim jeans with the cuff folded up once or twice, mock turtleneck and the Fredericks cage sandals)

Posted Image

I encountered a group of young hard a**es outside in the parking lot (think construction workers having a beer after building a house) maybe 6 to 8 guys....

As I walked past - initially, no one noticed - and then one guy yelled out

"no f***'en way" and out of the corner of my eye I saw them converse about what the one guy saw....

Since they saw me getting into my car (a rental) I right away thought that the car would end up being keyed or tires deflated or worse when I parked later that night but that was the last I saw of them and nothing happened afterward.

Not too intense - but I was certainly concerned for that night and subsequent nights during that trip.

HA99

I'm amazed that many members here have reported a complete lack of negative reactions. Either you're living in a very accepting area, or there's a little bit of head in the clouds thing going on. The times I've heeled in public I've almost always gotten at least one negative reaction. They've been minor, mainly a raised eyebrow. One guy shook his head and snickered. A woman just stared, looking back and forth between the heels and my face. Very rude. Most people have taken it in stride very well, either having no initial surprise or overcoming initial surprise in a second or two and proceeding on with the business at hand, if not simply going forward into normal conversation as they would have if I hadn't been wearing heels.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Public reactions are closely related to the vibes we radiate. Since I am peppy and confident about my footwear, most people react positively. An example: This week, while I was at Walmart, I was approached by a pack of the dreaded teenage girls. They did the usual look and double take. Then one said, "I like your high heels." Waiting for the other shoe to drop, I replied, "Thank you." That was it. They moved on. And so did I. Mostly, reactions are positive. Women like my heels. Many are even envious. "I can't wear heels that high," is something I have heard a hundred times. That, and, "You have beautiful nails." Some guys have all the luck.