Falling off heels

lampwort

I have regularly fallen off my various heels from 5" upwards. The causes of my downfalls are many but include:- Stilettoes with nylon tips sliding on ice (Should have had steel tips) High platforms rocking violently on a small pebble Trying to walk on high wedges over slippery rocks on beach Trying to walk on sloping sheet ice and being blown over by wind. I go these places because I enjoy the challenge of taking heels where one should not go. Does enyone else have experiences to relate while up high?

I've fallen off my pole-dancer plats a few times, nothing serious, no biggie. Once I was on an unevenly paved patio, fell and totally smashed my shoes up. I think there is a topic where I posted a couple of pics too. And the other time I can think of is when I stood on the edge of a rug and came falling from the sky similar to how you said about the pebble. Neither time I've really injured myself other than a scrape here and there, but those are the only two times I can remember having a serious fall.

(Knocking on wood as I type)...I one time fell off my 7" plats after getting really drunk. Almost made it all the way back to my gf's car, and I think I did like you did on a pebble. Went down, scuffed a bit, nothing serious...

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Come on Roz, what about your 12" heels. I think Lampwort is right, it is the unexpected little thing like a pebble or a twig that sends us flying. Uneven paving in my 12" heeled boots has had my arms whirling, and some serious wobbles on the ankles.

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

Amazingly I have never fallen off my 12" heels and that's the truth. I can't believe it either! To be honest though they feel so much higher than anything else I have that I think I am super super super careful on them.

The problem with the 8.5" plats is that I am confident to the point I can skip and jump in them that I probably don't use as much care when wearing them.

I've obviously wobbled and twisted my ankle in normal shoes but not to the point I end up on the ground.

BTW found the posts about my previous accidents:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/everybody/10986-whoopsie_fell_off_my_heels_today.html#post166952

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/everybody/10986-whoopsie_fell_off_my_heels_today-2.html#post177427

Not fallen since going serious heeled/ found HHP (september).

But have broken 3rd(?) metatarsal in my right foot twice the first time back in 1973 ish wearing clogs with 2 1/2" heel, the shoe slipped and rotated as I put my foot down.

The second time was about 10 years ago wearing trainers placed my foot along an edge of tarmac and just rotated = 8 weeks in plaster.

Momentarily passed out 10 minutes after the first time but just a lightheaded big wobble and believe me it hurt BIG time.

Don't go there!

Al

• 8 months later...

Years ago, I had a memorable disaster. I was wearing an older pair of 4 inch sandals and the heel caught between two paving stones on the sidewalk. The ankle strap broke and I tumbled into a trash can. I had torn hose, several scrapes, and my outfit was ruined. I looked quite the sight limping back home barefooted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not having had any heels for several years, I am about to purchase a new pair. I am thinking about a pair of red peep-toe sling-back sandals with 7 inch stilettoe heels and 2.5 inch plats. I will be taking them where heels should not go - such is my interest. I will attempt to use them on roller skates, peg stilts and will attempt to walk them over smooth rounded rocks on river beds and the beach. I will film my attempts and put them on YouTube for you all to comment on. It will take a couple of months to get going, so watch this space!!! I have been persuaded to do this by my half-cousin. She is "topsy" elsewhere on this Forum. She is 13 years younger than me, but has the same interest and has already taken heels where heels should not go, but has never been filmed. I am sure you will see some good falls

Amazingly I have never fallen off my 12" heels and that's the truth. I can't believe it either! To be honest though they feel so much higher than anything else I have that I think I am super super super careful on them.

The problem with the 8.5" plats is that I am confident to the point I can skip and jump in them that I probably don't use as much care when wearing them.

I've obviously wobbled and twisted my ankle in normal shoes but not to the point I end up on the ground.

BTW found the posts about my previous accidents:

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/everybody/10986-whoopsie_fell_off_my_heels_today.html#post166952

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/everybody/10986-whoopsie_fell_off_my_heels_today-2.html#post177427

Roz, are there any pictures of your 12 inch heels on the site?

I am always careful and wear knee,wrist and elbow padded protection when attempting these excursions, just as I do when on stilts. Do a search on YouTube for "Lampwort" and see my thrills & spills on the stilts (very,very high heels!!!) I will have loads of fun, many falls. I will do some video and i WILL try not to break anything. Thanks for your concern