WOW!! What a day!!

secondtake20

Today while out working I decided to stop at Target to get one last Christmas gift. I put on my Megan boots and went shopping. The Target is next to the Payless shoes store that I have had very good luck in. I decided to go in and see what they had in stock in boots, that I was think about. The girl who is the store manager that has been very cool with my trying on heels wasn't in. The store was a little busy so I went on in to look at shoes and was welcomed by the young girl behind the counter who was ringing up some customers.

I started looking for some boots, but they didn't have what I was looking for. So I was standing there just looking at what was in stock. The store had emptyed out. The girl from behind the counter came down the row I was on. She asked if she could help me. I told her that I was looking for a couple of pairs of boots. She asked what boots I was looking for and she said those boots have been selling out as fast as they come in. She asked who they were for and I told her that they were for me. She said you are the guy that the manager had told her about. I asked if it was a problem and she said NO. She went on to say that she thought it was great.

She asked about my passion to wear heels. We talked for a couple of minutes and I picked up a pair of heels to look at them and she said try them on. I sat down on a stool that was near by and took off my Megan boots and she said she had the same pair and loved them, but wished the heel was higher and I said me too. I put on the 3 inch heels and she asked me to walk in them. They were a little tight so she grabbed a pair in the wide width. They fit perfect. I walked up and down the row and she said she was very impressed with the way I walk in heels. She said I move better than most women who wear heels.

Then she showed me the wedge heels she was wearing and handed me the same pair in my size. She said try them on she wanted to see how they looked on me. They have a 3 & 1/2 inch heel so I switched shoes and walked around with them on. She said those shoe look good on you too. I couldn't believe no one hadn't come in yet. So I decided to buy both pairs since they were having their buy one get one half off sale.

We talked some more about the different pairs that I had bought there. She asked if I wear the higher heel pairs out and I said yes. She asked where I wear them and I told her. She told me that I could come back anytime I want to try on shoes when her or the manager was working. She thought it was cool that I was man enough to wear heels and that men's shoes were boring. I agreed and she went to ring up my shoes and I put my Megan boots back on and she said if I hadn't shown her the boots she wouldn't have know I was wear heels.

She told me her name, but I forgot what it was because I was on such a high. I told her that I would be back after Christmas to see if the boots I was looking for was in stock. She told me just to order them and have them shipped to her store. We wished each other Merry Christmas and I left and was still on such a high that I went to my next couple of accounts with my Megan boots on and no one noticed.

Here is the links to the shoes that I bought today.

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensDress&BLC=WomensDressTrendy&Width=Regular&ItemCode=64384&LotNumber=066823&Type=Adult&Popularity=414&DescriptiveColor=Brown

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensDress&BLC=WomensDressTrendy&Width=Wide&DescriptiveColor=Black&ItemCode=64103&LotNumber=066386&Type=Adult&cm_id=coloritemgraphic

WOW!! What a day!!

What a fantastic experience! This is why I love shopping for heels. For me, it seems that in the shoe store is the only time I ever have these extremely positive experiences talking to people about heels. It has been suggested to me that it is only about making a sale, but often people who sell heels love heels. I love the fact that she recommended the shoes she was wearing to you. You made some nice purchases as well my friend!

Style is built from the ground up!

Great story Secondtake20, It is so nice to hear a story like that. So glad you had great shopping experience. That is the kind of stuff which makes us do that-I mean shopping and going out on a limb to push beyond and try them out. Makes one want to go and shop until we drop... Great story for one's own Chirstmas thinking.. Best of the Holiday Season! Mtnsofheels

WOOT! Nice one! :thumbsup:

She thought it was cool that I was man enough to wear heels and that men's shoes were boring.

A... f'ing... men...

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Great outing! There must be something about working at Payless. It seems like every account I've read about interacting with a sales agent, not only are they very professional, but also open and encouraging to our interest.

That Megan shoe is an awesome boot. I know it's a bit low for many of us, but from a marketing perspective, I have to think it's right on. I think any woman or a man could wear them with a pair of jeans, and be perfectly comfortable in them. That's saying a lot for shoe with a 2 1/2" heel. The fact that they only show 3 sizes available online (and it sounds like just a few in stores) sounds like they are very popular.

It would be great if they came out with a "Megan Plus", with maybe a 3 1/2" heel (and definitely in 13, if not 13W). Maybe that's what the Rosa Lug was meant to be. It's advertised as having a higher heel (3" vs 2 1/2", though Payless heights seem to be low), and it's a bit more feminine looking. The Lug is sold out completely online (not even a page for it anymore).

I have been thinking about getting a second pair of the Megan boots just to have for a back up just in case. As for the moment I am making my self wait till after Christmas and see if the other boots I have been looking at come in stock. One pair is only a 2 inch heel and the other is 3 & 1/2.

I am still on a high from yesterday. I can not believe it all happened to me but it did.

Thank You to everyone who liked my story!!

I am looking foreword to many more adventures in 09 and I will let all of you GREAT people here at HHP know what happens.

Great post and your just stole my thread title. :welcome: I had a great day also.

I went in to do xmas shopping and I also wanted to get myself and new pair of boots. I went around the shops in Dublin city centre but couldnt really find anything I liked. As I walked down the street, I noticed a tall middled aged lady with a stunning pair of boots on her. As I passed by here, we smiled and spoke and I asked her we she got her boots. She told me whilst admiring them herself.

Anyway, as I was walking back, I noticed a pair of stilettos I had wanted for some time and they were marked down to €40. I went in and was approached by a lovely polish lady in her 20's. I enquired about the shoes and whether they had them in my size. She said she would have a look but advised me to buy them a half size bigger. Anyway, I made my way to the counter to pay for them and met a lovely middle aged lady who complemented me on my choice of shoe whilst also chatting away to me about other things.

Next, I decided to venture into the shop where the boots were that the lady had. They are the LK Bennett boots below. An incredibly atttractive young lady, local from Dublin, approached me. I asked her about the boots passing comment that they were beautiful. She agreed and commented that even though they had a platform and a high heel they were very comfortable to walk in. They were priced at €260 which is costly. I told the lady that I would take them but she then turned to me and asked if they were for xmas or not. I said that they were not, so she advised me to come back in on the 26th or 27th as the boots would be marked down to €150. I then said that I am going away until the 3rd of Jan and that I hoped that they would still be here then, so she put a pair aside with my name on them and took my number. What a wonderful day!! She also said that she would be killed if the found out she told me about the reduction. What a top girl and obviously a classy heeler.:thumbsup:

http://www.lkbennett.com/products/shoes/shoesboots/shoesbootskneehigh/felix/pid-29204black

wish i got the same reactions, I normally just get looks and stares, especially from old people.

Try a different store in a different area or maybe brand of stores. I know of two Payless stores that I will never go in again. It is because the staff in those stores are not as friendly as the others I go in regularly.

secondtake20, unless your think the Megan boots will be on sale in January, I'd recommend you get them now. Payless inventory can be fickle - here today, gone tomorrow. If you really like them that much, it's worth getting a backup pair (I started a thread on this very topic a month or so ago). If you're thinking you might a different pair instead, you can always buy the Megan's, wait for the other pair, and if you do get them, return the Megan's. Better to go thru a little extra work to have the pair now, then to wait, and possible lose out on them.

JWhite

I am thinking these -

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensBoots&BLC=WomensBootsRugged&Width=Regular&ItemCode=64009&LotNumber=064548&Type=Adult&Popularity=352&DescriptiveColor=Black

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensBoots&BLC=WomensBootsTrendy&Width=Regular&ItemCode=63997&LotNumber=064435&Type=Adult&Popularity=186&DescriptiveColor=Tan

I know the first one doesn't have but a 2 inch heel, but I like the way they look. The second one I have had my eye on from the beginning, but it will have to wait till after Christmas. Due to the lack of money and having my kids here with me all this week. If I can't get them I will be happy with what I have.

I've seen those Maddox boots before, yeah, they are nice. In terms of passabiliity, I'm not sure how well the stacked wood heels would work. Since they aren't available in my size (I need a 13), I've never investigated them further. The first pair should be more passable, though that's at the expense of having little heel rise (it lists the heel height as 2", but the sole has to be at least 1/2"). Both are on sale; if they stay that way after the holidays, one or both might be affordable for you. Would be a nice Christmas present...

JWhite

I am thinking these -

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensBoots&BLC=WomensBootsRugged&Width=Regular&ItemCode=64009&LotNumber=064548&Type=Adult&Popularity=352&DescriptiveColor=Black

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensBoots&BLC=WomensBootsTrendy&Width=Regular&ItemCode=63997&LotNumber=064435&Type=Adult&Popularity=186&DescriptiveColor=Tan

I know the first one doesn't have but a 2 inch heel, but I like the way they look. The second one I have had my eye on from the beginning, but it will have to wait till after Christmas. Due to the lack of money and having my kids here with me all this week. If I can't get them I will be happy with what I have.

1st one looks like biker boots. YUK! #2 HOT!!!

real men wear heels

Johnie I am a fan of the biker boots since I use to ride motorcycles. I just like the way they look online. The second boot I have had my eye on since I first saw them. They should pass with out any problem and I had a pair of boots similar when I was younger. I haven't seen the biker boot in person yet so I am still on the line about them, plus the biker boot should pass around where I live very easy as everyday wear.

If you talk with a Payless sales agent (either in person or on the phone), you might ask if they know when the sale prices end. I don't know if there are fixed periods / dates their sales run thru, if one day they are on sale, another they aren't. It would be a shame to miss the sales because you bought a day too late.

I am hoping the sales are still on there on monday. I have to have some new shoes for work and I am hoping the sale is still on to kill two birds with one stone. Plus I have family here through sunday for christmas so I am unable to go shopping.