Charity shops

loswabs

Once or twice a month me and the wife go to the various charity shops to see what bargains can be had. This weekend was excellent as I bought a pair of black patent stiletto court shoes, which have a silver heel, and she bought a pair of open toe purple satin MJ with double strap. I tried mine on in the shop in full view of the lady running the show and another lady customer. The customer asked if they were for me and I said, "yes, hang on and you can see how they look". They both loved the shoes but said they were too old to wear them and would break a leg or ankle if they did. I said they shuoldn't worry and just wear them!! A real nice afternoon, and since these shops are local, I now won't have trouble trying more shoes or boots on in there as I'm pretty sure they'll remember me.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I seems like a great outing, loswabs! And a good find with the pumps. I notice quite a few members get told by women that "they're too old to wear heels that high." I wonder what age is "too old" for either a man or woman to wear heels?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 months later...

I seldom find footwear in my size in Charity shops, even though I can sometumes get into an 8 even they are hard to find especially in a style that takes my fancy. I do do well on clothes though. I bought a nice leather tank dress for 8.50 in one in Epping which I wore at Sparkle. A TS who runs The Way Out Club came up to me and said "Nice dress Tara!" After thanking her she told me that she had donated an identical dress to a local charity shop. See if you can guess where she lives!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 months later...

Good find! My fiancee found a rather nice pair of black patent stilettos at a car boot sale and paid the princely sum of £4 for them. I really wanted her to have some sexy stilettos, but she rarely wears heels so I didn't want to push her.

Chris100575:-) It appears that you didn't have to push her at all since she found those sexy stilettos all by herself. Maybe that is a sign that she has decided to try wearing stilettos to see if she can please you knowing that you like the looks of them and since they didn't cost very much, she may have thought it worth a try. Let us all know the outcome on this matter. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

The secret to finding stuff in thrift stores is stop in often. I have found several pair of boots, numerous leather and cloth skirts and skorts, and lots of fun stuff. Not only are there bargains, but there a fun place to go heeling.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG:-) Right you are. The prices can't be beat and if things don't work out on the items for you, you could always do what Happyfeat does and take the items to a consignment shop for resale and you can probably recoup most of your original costs. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!