Questions about trying on heels in stores.

latindancer

I have questions. For those that try on heels in department stores such as Macy's and others. Has anyone tried on heels at store like Bloomingdales, Niemun Marcus, Saks, etc? I mean the high end stores. Plus, has anyone tried on the high end shoes, like Christian Lub, etc at the stores? I think the most expensive shoes I have tried on where Guess shoes for over $169 dollars and that was a nice DSW. I really would like to go to Niemun Marcus and try on some Luboutians(I know I'm killing the name), but I would like to do that. Except it's a high end store and will like to see what results or comments you guys got.

I haven't tried on heels in high end stores yet, but I have acquired some fairly high end heels over the internet, so this is only a perception. The expensive shoes, no doubt, are made with more care as to the quality, but they aren't without flaws. I purchased a pair of Miu Miu Mary Jane pumps and shortly after I had worn them, the buckle side of one of the straps tore out of its setting as though nothing had held it in. The toe boxes on some of my high end shoes have the medium sizing, but I thinking it differs from most other shoes, because they are a slightly tighter fit, then most of the lower end shoes that I have worn. Be aware of the size converting necessary when purchasing a foreign made shoe. Some times when the toes are pointy, you need to get the next larger size, or figure on buying some shoe stretchers or toebox wideners. Hope this helps some and soon maybe we both can relate our experience when trying on a pair of Blaknik's, Choo's, Gucci's, Loriblu's, Louboutin's, YSL's, and/or etc. at a Nieman Marcus, Barney's, Bloomingdale's, Saks, and/or etc. Happy Heelin'

Today I stopped by a DSW and found nothing in a size 12. I picked up many boxes of boots and was offered help by several sales persons. There was a gorgeous pair of boots with a very slim 5" heel that I would have loved to try on. I'm glad I can buy on-line, but would prefer to buy at a store after trying on a pair! I've never tried on any shoes/boots that cost more than 150.00. Might feel strange to do so -- knowing that I would not be able to afford.

I've had the best luck with trying on the high heels in the store before buying them. I have had both good and bad experiences with buying on-line or mail order. If you feel confident enough to try them on in the store, go for it and have fun doing it.

Sadly, the ONLY store I can try on women's shoes is Payless since they go up to 13 while none of the others mentioned do. On one hand, I'm forever frustrated that mainstream shoe manufacturers stop at 11 or 12, but on the other hand, if they went up to 13, I'd have no money at all today! HA! But seriously, never feel nervous or skittish about trying on shoes in stores, you have every right to do that like everyone else, and your money for buying shoes you like is just as green as everyone else's!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

yes, I did. A few times at Miss Sixty boutiques and at Bally. Also one high end shop, where I bought a pair of Début boots. No problems in all cases - I think due to my style, the open way I behave and communicate and of cause: they want to sell & most get commisssion for this.

If you want to try the mailorder route, then consider stores such as zappos.com and endless.com, which offer not only free return shipping, but returns up to a year. Except for potentially attracting a lot of attention from the UPS guy (or girl), really not much to lose by ordering anything you are interested in, and returning it if you aren't satisfied with it.

I have tried on men's shoes at Sak's and Neiman's but never women's shoes. Like you, it is an ambition of mine, but such stores are quite the distance from where I live.

Style is built from the ground up!