Looking for an Ankle Boot with a Thick, 4" Heel?

SandalFan

I have this very style, and heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a kick-butt boot with some smart detailing. This pair is also part of my work attire too, and looks smart under jeans. and now it's cheaper than when I bought my pair, so it's even more worth it!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Who's going to be the first to buy a pair and upload some pictures?

Definitely not me. I only posted the link for anyone looking for a 4" heel that isn't a stiletto. I don't wear anything but stilettos.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

As I was out in my not-even-3" ankle boots today, I was thinking more about the ankle boots. I would be nice to move up to a higher heel.

Has anyone heard of Jessica Bennett shoes? I stumbled across these while doing an online search:

http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpage.asp?gen=w&pcid=125085&adtrack=pt&term=women%27s+jessica+bennett+jury&offer=

They look very similiar to the Payless Rosa Lug Boot:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/productdetail.aspx?ItemCode=61799&ProductColor=Black&Width=Regular&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensShoes&BLC=WomensBootsTrendy

except their 6x the price (well, I did find a sale that brings them down to $125, so I guess that's only 4x)! The major advantage over the Rosa's is these come in a sz 13, vs only a 12 for the Rosa.

I was also initially encouraged because zappos.com listed the heel height as 3 3/4 " (Rosa only 3"), but then amazon.com has them at 3 1/2, and the Jessica Bennett website lists them as 3 1/8. [For a similiar model Justice, Nordstrom says 4", amazon 3 1/2", JB website 2 5/8".] Who knows what the real height is.

I'm trying to find a store that might carry them (not necessarily in my size) so I see them in person, not having much luck so far though. I'd rather not go the buy & return route, although shipping both ways seems to be free. I also just noticed that the discount (30% off) is only good for today, so if I was going to get them, I guess this would be a great time.

For the Sexy Shoes 4" ankle boots, while I like the height, I think the lacing greatly reduces the chance of passing off the boot as a man's / unisex shoe. The Jury is better (almost anything with a zipper probably is), though the shiny clips don't help (maybe some flat black paint could disguise them). The Payless ones are probably ideal (in terms of what I'm looking for), but capped at a size 12, they won't work for me.

Part of me says to order the Jury's, at least to see what they are like. Another part says I'm not ready to take my heel interest to $100+ shoes (spoiled by Payless. Any recommendations?

I bought a pair of the lug boot from payless. They are so comfortable - I wear them everday to and from work and I have done a lot of street healing with these boots on. They are perfect with jeans. Bernheels

Jwhite44 I have the Rosa Lug Boots and I enjoy them very well. I wore them out 2 saturday nights ago and they were very comfortable and no one really noticed them. I do know that they stop at size 12, but mine are a size 11 and they seem to run a little on the large size to me. I too have been looking for a boot with a chunky 3 & 1/2 inch heel or 4 inch heel but they don't seem to be in style this year.

secondtake20, you also have the Megan ankle boot, don't you? How is the size/fit of them compared to the Rosa Lug? Based on your Megan recommendation from the Payless thread , I did go out and buy a pair, but the size 12 was just too small (needed at least either a 12W or 13). Unless you think the Rosa's are much bigger, I don't see them fitting me either :w00t2:

I ended up ordering them, and starting a new thread, please see http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/everybody/12457-buying_first_expensive_pair_shoes_-_jessica_bennett_jury_boot.html#post189616

Also, I might be looking better for the heel height. Although I can't find it now, one of the sites I was looking at them on said, "... we measure height on a size 6 shoe, at the center of the heel. The height might be higher on larger shoes..." Since I'm getting a sz 13, and I measure at the back of the heel, there's a chance I might be able to get that extra 1" in height I'm looking for.

My Megan boots are a size 10 and they have formed to my feet very well and they are very comfortable too. My Rosa boots are a size 11 and I have put anti slip heel grips in them. They where a litttle lose. I wore the Rosa boots out couple of saturday nights ago and I was very pleased with them too. I like booth pairs very well. I do notice the ground more with the Megan boots because of the thinner sole. I have had to tighten the strap on the Rosa boots to keep it from making noise when I walk. I like the sole and heel on the Rosa boots better. It is really a toss up on the two pairs because they both have their place in my world of heeling.

I bought a pair of the lug boot from payless. They are so comfortable - I wear them everday to and from work and I have done a lot of street healing with these boots on. They are perfect with jeans.

Bernheels

The two pair I bought from Payless are comfortable for me, too. I even wear the pair with 3" high heels to work.

• 3 weeks later...