My planned heel outting 11-19-08

secondtake20

As I have posted under the payless thread I bought these http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensBoots&BLC=WomensBootsLeather&Width=Regular&ItemCode=64007&LotNumber=064485&Type=Adult&Popularity=71&DescriptiveColor=Black

this week.

I bought them because of the block heel and they look great for streetheeling. Today I put them in them in the suv with me as I went out to work. I worked all day and had a good sales day. I don't know if my evening plans had anything to do with todays sales. I am glad I had a good sales day since the automotive industry is in the tank.

I left my last customer at 4pm and stopped in the next parking lot and changed into my new boots and wore them for the hour drive back toward home. I had already planned my weekly shopping trip to Wal-Mart for tonight. I went to the Wal-Mart that is only 9 miles from my home. I knew the chances of bumping into some I know was very high.

The boots have a rubber sole and heel and they are very comfortable and no noise when I walk. I went to Wal-Mart parked half way across the parking lot from the door as normal. I went in grabbed a buggy and off I went to get the things on my list. All things where going great and I had not noticed anyone looking at me. The pants I wear to work are long in length and covered the boots well and looked normal in my eye.

I did notice that some of the shelfs felt closer wearing the boots and it was a surprise to me that the 2 & 1/2 inch heels made that much differance. Then I rounded a corner and their was a friend stand there that I go to chruch with. I didn't hide and knew she had seen me because she had just smiled and said hello. We stood there talking and she looked me up and down and I thought I was busted but she never said a word. We talked for a couple of minutes and we went back to our own shopping.

I will say talking with her had my heart pumping but I just took a deep breath and acted as normal as possble. After I went back to my shopping I got a high that I have never felt before and it was great. So I finished up and checked out and put my purchases in the suv.

Then I went and filled up with gas ($1.76 a gallon:thumbsup: ) with pay at the pump. I walked around while I was pumping and cleaned my windsheild. I finished pumping and got back in and drove away. I was feeling very happy and bold so I stopped at subway sandwich shop and went in and ordered a footlong and walked back out and drove home. As normal wearing heels for me I fed my animals and come in and unloaded my stuff, ate my sandwich and now relaxing read HHP threads thinking about my next outting.

I hope I have not bored everyone too much with my outting, but I am very proud of myself. I welcome everyones comments be it good or bad from men or women. I am a man in heels and I can take it.

Oh, oh! You've been bitten! Once you're back home and reliving the experience, you can't wait to get back into the mix wearing your black boots. Let me venture to say that it won't be very long that your heel height will go higher as your courage goes up. :lmao: While I quite regularly wear pumps and boots with 4" and 5" heels out to dinner, my daily footwear is usually Loafer style shoes or boots with 3" block or chunky heels. Never any reaction from anyone -- and I've been doing this for more than 10 years. And, I wouldn't go back to ugly, flat men's shoes for anything. :w00t2:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yep!! I have been bitten. I am on the look out for some heels with a block type heel. I have been thinking about wearing my Rosa lug boots out next. I wore them to the gas station 2 saturday nights ago, but I feel the didn't make a true outting, but I see them on my feet in the near future out on the town.

Once you get bitten by the heeling bug, it's impossible to really go back. I dove head-first into it this year, and haven't looked back yet! The more you do it, the more comfortable you'll feel, and then you'll reach that magic moment when it just feels natural! It'll happen - you'll see!!!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Your post wasn't boring at all, it was actually quite interesting :) Nice to see that you had fun in some heels without drawing any unwanted attention. Hope all goes well in the future of your street heeling, when you increase the heel size until it's just natural for you.

...I have been thinking about wearing my Rosa lug boots out next...

I think you'd have good success with the Rosa's. On the one hand, they are more feminine:

- they are higher, (Payless site says only 1/2", but the look more)

- the heel is more tapered

- and the toe is more rounded

on the other hand, I think they can be very passable:

- they aren't excessively high

- the heel is still chunky

- the sole looks like a funtional man's boot sole.

I'd probably be in them myself if they came in a 13 :w00t2:

• 3 weeks later...

I like those ankle boots. Elegant, comfortable and a very good choice for carefree street heeling. Those have to be one of the nicer Payless brand of shoes I've seen. Believe me, once you've mustered enough courage to wear more feminine, noisy and higher heels, wearing those ankle boots in public will be as exciting as brushing your teeth in the morning. Nevertheless, they do look great. Have fun wearing them!

...as exciting as brushing your teeth in the morning...

Good point. It's an potential reason to get any 'starter' shoe from Payless, or on sale, basically someplace where you aren't spending a lot of money. It doesn't make sense to invest a lot of money in a shoe you think there's a chance you might move on from.