Curious...

radiodave

Would you wear heels as much if they were more accepted?  

725 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wear heels as much if they were more accepted?

• Yes! I'd wear them as much as I can.
    • I'd wear them if the occasion called for them.
    • I probably wouldn't wear them much.
    • No, I wouldn't wear them.
    • I'd wear low heels
    • I'd wear the highest I could comfortably manage.
    • I'd wear the highest I can find.

Interesting thread - thanks for starting it. I don´t streetheel, at least not yet, for several reasons, but if it was generally accepted then i would wear heels out - to work (I sit down most of the day) and other places not requiring too much walking. I don´t wear heels because they are taboo, i wear them because I enjoy the feeling they give me, but I wonder if this feeling would disappear if they became an all day every day thing.

If we were under the same set of rules and peramitters as the gals are, we then would probably have the same feelings that they have when it comes to wearing heels whenever they like. It doesn't seem to diminish their enthusiasm any. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Remember that women are wearing their heels for different reasons than we do. Women wear them because: - Their legs look longer and thinner - They feel more feminine - They feel more "confident" and "in control" - Their feet look nicer - They know men will look at them, etc We do wear heels for other reason(s) than above. Is there a thread here about "Why men are wearing heels ?" Happy heeling !

i wore my heels to a lounge tonight where there was a three piece orchestera and songer. They even introduced me and drew attention to me. I stood and talked about why I was there. I closed the place and made last call. Everyone thanked me for attending including the four ladies at the adjoing table. "Nice Shoes" was one of the comments. Even had a Harley Dude come over and sit at my table. Talked all night about various things, he definitely say my 5" brown stilettos. Talk tomorrow night. Henri

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

If the taboo factor were gone and the novelty of guys wearing heels was no longer, I would still wear my 5" stilletos. Why? 1) I like the way they feel. 2) I like the sound they make 3) I like the compliments I get from others (many women, 1 man) 4) I feel comfortable wearing them 5) They look good on me 6) The selection of styles is huge 7) and I wear a womens size 10 need I say more! The only time I wouldn't wear them is when it would be impractical or dangerous and then the impractical is iffy. btw: cool thread, thank you

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

• 2 weeks later...

As it is now, unless I'm wearing my Nike's, I'm wearing heels, some as low as Doc Martin's. I wear cowboy boots with 3" heels and construction boots with a built up 2.75" heel. No one even notices. Nor would I call my usual daily wear "high heels". I'm very comfortable standing/walking all day in 3" heels. If it were cool to wear higher heels, I'd go as high as I could wear for whatever activity I'll be doing. When further away from home, I'll stay in 4"-5" for the whole day, shopping, sight-seeing. For a few hours at a time, I'll wear 6" heeled boots (1.5" platform). For in-house activities, my 8" thigh highs often fit my mood. I'd probably not go grocery shopping in them... well, not unless my local Kroger started a fetish shopping night. Hey, idea!!!:w00t2:

If it were more acceptable to wear heels, I would definitely wear them more often. During the week I have to wear work boots and a uniform for my job. So when I have time off, I like to put together a nice well coordinated outfit rather than just jeans and a t-shirt. A nice pair of heels compliments the look very nicely. And there are so many more options for women's shoes that men currently don't have. Variety is the spice of life you know.

• 3 months later...

That's a real good one ... I must say that I can't really tell. As much as I'd now say "yes! I want to wear heels all the time!", I don't know if it would be getting old after a while. Right now, I only wear them very occasionally, and there are times where I'd really like to wear them but can't, but then there are also times where I am not missing them at all. Sorry, no vote from me.

If I could I'd be out in my high heel boots everyday.

Why can't you? What is stopping you from wearing your high heel boots to school every day? If you started today (Thursday) and wore them every day with a nice pair of blue jeans, by this time next week your classmates wouldn't even give you a second look they would be so used to seeing you wearing them. From that point, the only time anyone at your school would notice what you are wearing on your feet is when you wear a new/different pair.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

I love wearing my boots both inside and now in public (the ones in my avatar). If they were accepted you'd never get me out of them ;-) The tall heel is just so sexy and the platform ls enough to make them comfortable for long stretches. Generally worn in public under my jeans though.

...Generally worn in public under my jeans though.

Nice boots you got there bootedup :-)

Since they are over the knee boots and wider on top (not stretch tightboots), I am curious to know

how you manage to wear them under jeans ? (Unless your jeans are very wide from top to bottom)

My jeans aren't tight fitting but in the same breath they're not massively baggy either. I usually put on my boots first, then pull my jeans on afterwards. The boots are hidden (except for the heel ;-)) and I can still enjoy them. I've posted some pics in the Gallery area so you can see how they look...

...The boots are hidden (except for the heel ;-)) and I can still enjoy them. I've posted some pics in the Gallery area so you can see how they look...

I looked at your pics in the gallery area. In a way, it is a "shame" to hide such nice boots under jeans !

Do you sometime wear them fully exposed over jeans ?

Do you sometime wear them fully exposed over jeans ?

I have only worn them over the jeans once whilst out in public. I do wear them fully exposed around the house with no second thoughts. The gf *loves* them on me so doesn't mind me wandering around with these in full view.

ALL men wear heels and it's totaly accepted...but no one calls them heels. Biker/electrician boots are steel toe leather boots with a 2.5" heel and a 1" platform. Cowboy boots have a 2.5" heel. Most steel toe boots have a 1.5"-2" heel with 0.5" platform. Riding boots which is either cowboy boots and biker/electrician. I got a pair of these. Harley Davidson --------- Forgot to mention Combat boots. They too have a 2.5" heel with 1" platform.

post-16913-133522882327_thumb.jpg

...I got a pair of these...

Greatings Jandra and welcome to this forum :-)

Nice boots you got there. They don't look like women's boot at all except for the buckle.

It's strange that it is the "other way around", I mean you are a girl buying low heel boots and

we are guy's buying high heel boots :winkiss: I assume you are also wearing high heels shoes and boots ?

Have a nice day.

I sure would use heels a lot more if that was more accepted. I feel comfortable in heels and my feet look smaller. 4" to 5" is what I would use. But for me I would only use boots with a thicker heel. Stiletto is for me still a female thing...:-)

I love wearing heels and have to say that I would wear them as often as possible. As for now when my wife and I go out of town I put my male shoes away and wear heels all the time. If we do a lot of walking I tend to wear a lower heel, but my point is that when I can I wear them as much as possible. By the end of a long weekend away wearing heels feels so natural that my wife has to remind me when we are almost home so I dont embarass myself and have to explain to the kids why I am wearing heels.:winkiss:

I think I'd wear them most of the time, depending on the activities planned. If I need to walk a lot, I wouldn't take especially high heels. I'd favor confort over sexyness. Something along small platform with 2-3 inch heels would be allright. However, in bars or at parties, I would wear the highest heels, as they make me feel very good. I'm not a tall guy so maybe I could "score" with taller girls once in my 4 inch heels! :winkiss:

I thought that I'd fall into the "as much as I can" camp to be honest, but thinking about it I definitely wouldn't be in them every day, and certainly not for work as they'd be too impractical. My GF is happy enough for me to click round the house in my stilettos as often as I like and I don't even do that every day, even though I could take them off or sit down whenever I wanted to. TBH, the fantasy of being able to wear heels whenever I liked palled a bit after a few nights out in 4" heels when I realised the practicalities involved. So, a night out to a restaurant, yes I'd be teetering in pointy stilettos but for going shopping I'd be sticking to flats.

• 1 month later...

I think if they were more accepted, I'd wear them all the time. As it is, I carry a pair with me in the car all the time, and depending on where I am and what I'm doing determines whether or not I'm wearing them: Driving: near 100% Gas station: about 70% Mall: about 10% Non-local town - it goes up, but that also depends on the town. 100% in SF, but 0% in Dallas.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I would wear my HH boots as much as possilble if I knew that I was not going to get any negative comments and did not interfere with my working life either as I work in the public sector where I am dealing with people all day and some of them still consider image important....sad to say

I would wear my HH boots as much as possilble if I knew that I was not going to get any negative comments and did not interfere with my working life either as I work in the public sector where I am dealing with people all day and some of them still consider image important....sad to say

Perhaps, with the economic situation being what it is these days and so many people losing their jobs, it might be a good time not to push the envelope or make waves. Congratulations for making, what I am sure is, a job saving decision not to wear heels in your place of employment.

:winkiss::silly:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 4 months later...