I need a cure to stop buying heels !

danielp6406

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the pics. 9 shelves each 6ft long plus boxes under the bottom shelf and another 2 shelves on the end that hold 30-40 pair.

You don't need to quit buying, you need to become independently wealthy so you have time to wear them all!

Here are the pics. 9 shelves each 6ft long plus boxes under the bottom shelf and another 2 shelves on the end that hold 30-40 pair.

This is quite an amazing storage space you got there !

How much space is for you and how much for your GF ?

Is-it 50/50 ?

No, she has about 3 times the number of shoes I have. It was getting a bit messy in there so I just cleaned it up and moved 18 pairs of my shoes to my closet. Still have a single shelf for me and the shelves on the end behind the hanging bar. I am closing in on 100 pairs.

CassieJ:-) These are yours??? What a collection! You need to build more shelves although the shelves you have show your shoes off very effectively. But then there is more shoes for your girlfriend to store. How many shelves does she have and where? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Actually, the shelves are both of ours. I have one shelf in the stack, two deeper shelves behind the hanging clothes bar and a few in my closet. The other 8 shelves, the floor under the shelves and even my wife's closet are all her shoes. Total, 300-350 pair of shoes. We should count them sometime. We have a spare bedroom, on top of the guest room, and it would be fun to turn it into a giant walk-in closet. Perhaps a wall or two of shoes, an island in the middle with drawers and a countertop. Who knows...

CassieJ:-) Now you have got something there. I have a friend that took a spare bedroom and made it into a gigantic walk-in closet. And I mean gigantic. That room was loaded and looked more like a storage room in a department store just filled with merchandise waiting to be put out on the sales racks. I couldn't believe it. And all of that stuff belonged to his wife. WHEW! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I end up wearing about all of mine in a year. Most are not 'public' shoes but I wear them around the house. About 15 pair are worn out and they all get worn. My wife wears about 50% of hers through a year and the rest for special occasions or upon request. Being female, she wears at least one pair a day, sometimes more. She also wears heels on stage and many of her shoes are were bought for her appearances.

• 3 weeks later...

What? I thought Obama said we all get a free pair of Loubies! Of course, they will discriminate and this only applies to women.

Careful, he might have meant that new imitation designer line from Payless (or Walmart), Loubies!!! (smile)

Cash & Carry for me. :w00t2:

Amen to that! If I charged shoes, I would have been bankrupt a long time ago. It is one of the advantages from the old days of not wanting people to know my name when buying shoes...always paid in cash. Now, I could care less, but I still stick to the cash.

Food for thought (for those in the states at least),

THERE WON'T BE ANY BAILOUT FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(smile)

At least our feet will look nice at the bankruptcy hearing!

Style is built from the ground up!