I need a cure to stop buying heels !

danielp6406

jwhite44 :-)

The Payless stores in my area only goes up to size 10 (I wear size 11).

ALDO: Note that the ALDO "Outlets" sells shoes from previous season

(Still looks nice and better prices too).

To get the current styles, you most go to any ALDO "stores"

which are located in larger shopping malls.

Two questions:

1. What feature(s) do you like the most about them?

> The lace up (no zipper), buckle and strap

2. If you did buy them, would you wear them in public? If so, hidden or exposed?

> For now, the only place I wear my heels "in public" is at the office.

At the office I would wear them exposed which is way more fun.

Otherwise I wear heels in the house or outside in the dark. But If one day I decide to go out in "day light" then I would try to hide them with long jeans.

If you order online for delivery to a local store they will take note of the style and size. Once they see a demand they will begin to stock the size.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one cure in my mind, only buy shoes or boots you intend to wear, That is what I do now, over the last forty years don't know how many pairs I have bought, worn once then thrown them away, (At least 150 pairs). Don't buy on impulse, or quickly to get out of the shop.

life is not a rehearsal

Wouldn't mind seeing some pictures from the front (and back) if you take them. Also, curious to see them pants-out, to see how much is still exposed.

Here they are ! See attached pictures with and without jeans.

Jeans are women's bootcut. Happy heeling :winkiss:

post-14338-133522869829_thumb.jpg

post-14338-133522869834_thumb.jpg

post-14338-133522869838_thumb.jpg

post-14338-133522869842_thumb.jpg

post-14338-133522869845_thumb.jpg

I think I found the cure...at least for the short term. I'm broke!

This is a very good cure: Sure to work every time :nervous:

I bought two new pair today and I have promised myself no new shoes until I have worn every pair I own out at least once. Remember, after denial comes bargaining...

How long will it take? It depends how many pairs you already got...

If you own too many pairs, will you be able to resist that long ?

That is the question...:winkiss:

This is a very good cure: Sure to work every time

How long will it take? It depends how many pairs you already got...

If you own too many pairs, will you be able to resist that long ?

That is the question...

I have 12 pair I have yet to wear, including two I bought yesterday. At the rate I am going, I should have all of my current collection worn at least once in the next three weeks or so. That doesn't seem too long....

Here they are ! See attached pictures with and without jeans.

Jeans are women's bootcut. Happy heeling

Very nice with the jeans! I hope you wear them a lot and enjoy them tremendously.

:winkiss:

Style is built from the ground up!

They look so nice that I am seriuously thinking about going to the store tomorrow afternoon and buy them. I know I should not buy them but I cannot resist :winkiss:. Anyone here knows how to control this sudden need to buy shoes ? Any suggestion will be more than welcome :nervous:

I think you need the 12 step program. Every time, you purchase a new of shoes, you either make sure the heel is 1/2 inch higher or you have to walk 120 steps farther.

If your shoes hurt or your ankles wobble or you have any other difficulty wearing or walking in them you can't buy any new shoes for three months!

vector :-)

Your 12 step program is a good idea but came in a few days too late :winkiss:

As you can see in my post # 33 above, I already purchased the

boots I was dreaming of...

Would want to try your program next time but I would be at 6" heels which

is not "practical" for day to day wear...:nervous:

Happy heeling !

Danielp6406:-) One thing for sure, with the toe boxes turned up on your new boots that way, you should be able to glide over any terrain without stubbing your toes. Very nice boots, indeed. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I was talking to a new dance partner today, a really beautiful 28 yr. old girl, and she was showing me her very worn dance shoes and saying she needed some new ones. She said she is a shoe freak and has 108 pairs of shoes, from trainers to very high heels and sexy shoes! Beats me!

I was talking to a new dance partner today, a really beautiful 28 yr. old girl, and she was showing me her very worn dance shoes and saying she needed some new ones. She said she is a shoe freak and has 108 pairs of shoes, from trainers to very high heels and sexy shoes! Beats me!

AND?

real men wear heels

If the global recession doesn’t stop you then you have to take more drastic measures.:winkiss:

My weakness is leather skirts. I find them in thrift stores so price usually isn’t a deterrent. Previously, if the skirt was close to my size, I bought it, so needless to say I have a large collection. Recently I have forced myself to rehang the skirt on the rack and recite, “You already have one like that…you don’t need another one.” Obviously, this only works for duplicates but most of the ones I see are black leather and I have a bunch of those.

Seriously, this is an issue of “mind over matter”. You will really have to force yourself to not buy shoes, but to do that you will need an excuse, so I suggest:

• I already have a pair like that
  • I don’t have the money for those
  • I’ll generously leave them for someone else
  • No thanks, I’m trying to quit
  • There is a microscopic piece of dust on the toe
  • The color doesn’t match my eyes

Failing the above, here is a link to http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/info/a/aa981021.htm'> AA’s 12 Step Program

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I thought 108 was a lot! No, she doesn't know about mine and I haven't told her. Maybe some day. I don't buy many any more because I don't wear the ones I have enough to get use out of them, except for a couple which are getting beat up some.

You think you have it bad? I buy 1 or 2 pair a week and my wife is a shoe nut too so she is trying to outpace me. We have a shoe closet (walk in) with shelves for over 200 pair. They are overflowing and the boxes are stacking up in the corners and on the floor. I can barely get in the closet anymore. I think they are about to overflow into our individual walk-in clothes closets. Yes, I do wear them all. Some more often than others but I do rotate. My wife wears about 50 regularly but wears some only on special occasions.

Get married.:nervous:

Good idea but for this I must find a new girlfriend first...:sad:

We have a shoe closet (walk in) with shelves for over 200 pair.

I think you beat us all but I may also need one If I continue buying shoes...

Do you have a picture of your closet you could share with us ?

(Just curious...:winkiss:)