I need a cure to stop buying heels !

danielp6406

Greetings everyone,

We all know that shop shopping is very addictive.

Earlier tonight, while browsing the net, I saw a very

beautiful HH ankle boot. (See attached picture of it)

They look so nice that I am seriuously thinking about

going to the store tomorrow afternoon and buy them.

I know I should not buy them but I cannot resist :winkiss:.

Anyone here knows how to control this sudden need to buy shoes ?

Any suggestion will be more than welcome :nervous:

UPDATE: Went to store and they don't have them in my size (11).

If I want them I would have to place an order and have them delivered.

post-14338-133522869096_thumb.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the website link:

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/boots/dress-fashion/69712137-taggart/97

As someone who just bought the Raven Lace Up Platform from Payless (see attached picture) obviously there's no criticism of your style from me! The Taggart has a lot more intracacies and details, and the metal loops for the laces, and the buckle definitely make a statement. I can't say I've seen a pair of boots like them.

On the other hand, if that's not your main attraction to them, then the Payless Raven's might be an acceptable alternative, particularly since they're 1/4 the price.

I never heard of Aldo before, so was surprised when I did a search, to find 6 stores within 15 miles of me. They do show outlet stores, maybe you could call one up (or visit if close by) and ask them if they have any in stock. I don't know if the outlets call any merchandise that's still available on their website, or if it's all older, discontinued (possibly customer return) merchandise.

Purchasing these shoes would be an easy decision for me - I wouldn't, since they are too small (Aldo shoes max out at sz 11).

Two questions:

1. What feature(s) do you like the most about them?

2. If you did buy them, would you wear them in public? If so, hidden or exposed?

Those are very nice boots. Definitely one of a kind. I would Love to buy them but Aldo shoes run small. (:winkiss: I can't stand that about them). Any how... the boots have a man/woman look. More woman than man or should I say... Strong enough for a man but made for woman...

Greetings everyone,

We all know that shop shopping is very addictive.

Earlier tonight, while browsing the net, I saw a very

beautiful HH ankle boot. (See attached picture of it)

They look so nice that I am seriuously thinking about

going to the store tomorrow afternoon and buy them.

I know I should not buy them but I cannot resist :winkiss:.

Anyone here knows how to control this sudden need to buy shoes ?

Any suggestion will be more than welcome :nervous:

There is no cure. Just make sure you don't overspend.

The cure is to go live on a little island without shops. Probably then you will want to collect too many coconuts. Which shop would sell the anti-shopping pill if it would exist? But a bit more serious: try to become a perfectionist. Only buy the perfect shoes. Make it harder to find the shoes of your dream than to pay for them or to find closet space for them. In the beginning I also bought way too many shoes, most of which will end up in the closet. Now I am much more selective. Whenever I see a nice pair, I think of the closet and then most of the time I enjoy just looking at them in the shop. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

danielp6406, there is no CURE for an addiction, shopping or otherwise. But you can train yourself to not act on the addiction; you won't buy as much (maybe a lot less or maybe not at all). But it requires work and denial and channeling that energy into something else (like wearing the boots)!!

It's all about the heel!

Nice boots, I would have a hard time not buying those myself (but the price will keep me from doing so). :winkiss: Yes, buying heels is incredibly addicting, and difficult to keep under control. When I get the urge, I try tell myself, I have a pair almost exactly like them and try to get the mind on something else. Only when I find one that is completely different from the ones I own and the price is not too crazy, will I follow through. I agree, it is very hard to not buy new pairs every single month, I share your dilemma.

The best cure? Lack of money! :winkiss: But seriously, it's simply a matter of exerting will power and control, deciding what you need over what you want. Try to be discerning about your spending habits and reign in those urges to spend wildly. Think before you open your wallet and you should do fine.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

There is no cure - self restraint needed. But then there is e-bay. And collecting the different colours of the same style... The boots are brill, and Aldo is a good make. Sometimes looking on this site makes me want to buy the styles others have shown. On this occasion I CAN resist - just bought a pair of Topshop lace-ups, brand new... from e-bay! (and at a fraction of the retail price).

jwhite44 :-)

The Payless stores in my area only goes up to size 10 (I wear size 11).

ALDO: Note that the ALDO "Outlets" sells shoes from previous season

(Still looks nice and better prices too).

To get the current styles, you most go to any ALDO "stores"

which are located in larger shopping malls.

Two questions:

1. What feature(s) do you like the most about them?

> The lace up (no zipper), buckle and strap

2. If you did buy them, would you wear them in public? If so, hidden or exposed?

> For now, the only place I wear my heels "in public" is at the office.

At the office I would wear them exposed which is way more fun.

Otherwise I wear heels in the house or outside in the dark. But If one day I decide to go out in "day light" then I would try to hide them with long jeans.

It is a matter of supply and demand. They supply, you demand. But your head and wallet controls everything in life and sometimes you say that it would be nice to own a pair, but your wallet says no not now. Everyone has a wishlist in life, but then again, so many pairs of shoes and boots, so lttle time. Its a conundrum. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

It is a matter of supply and demand. They supply, you demand. But your head and wallet controls everything in life and sometimes you say that it would be nice to own a pair, but your wallet says no not now. Everyone has a wishlist in life, but then again, so many pairs of shoes and boots, so lttle time. Its a conundrum.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Good advice. There was a time I just bought a pair of high heels just to buy a pair of high heels because I just had to have them. I've become more peticular and selective now and that has helped me keep things in perspective.

. . .Anyone here knows how to control this sudden need to buy shoes ?. . .

There is no known cure, sorry.

If you ever find one, please post it here -- you will blow out the server with all the thanks you will get!

I have one treatment (not "cure" but "treatment"). It's like a diet, it requires a lot of won't-power and it is not foolproof. (Won't-power, not willpower. If you use willpower you will buy shoes!)

The treatment sums up in two words -- don't look (told you it was not easy). Don't shop, don't go to the online shoe sites, and don't browse. (No eBay either :-( ). Put shopping out of your mind, just wear the shoes you have. Avoid those situations where you will be tempted to buy. Your resolve will fail occasionally so take time to savor those new additions to your collection.

Have a happy time!

yozz :-)

As you are, I am more selective now than I used to be in the past

and my closet space is getting tight...

I went to look at them this afternoon in the shop: What a BEAUTY !

Still not decided to buy them or not but it will be hard to resist !

jmc :-)

Your "treatment" is a drastic one indeed :winkiss:

Does it work for you ?

Usually.

It's far from iron-clad!

As they say in the car biz, "Your mileage may vary."

Have a happy time!

Greetings everyone !

You were right: The is no cure...

I was not able to resist to buy those boots...(See my first post)

Too much pressure :smile:

I ordered the boots wednesday and received them today.

(Little bit pricey but more than worthed !)

They are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING :nervous: .

They LOOK good and they FEEL good too !

It is CRAZY walking in them :)

These are the nicest boots I ever bought and I LOVE them ! :winkiss:

I will wear them Monday at work :sad:

See picture below and happy heeling all !

post-14338-133522869411_thumb.jpg

Congrats They do look very nice. There is something to be said for agonizing for a while whether to buy or not to buy. During that process at least you are not looking for yet another pair. It isn't much of a cure, but because a big part of the fun is in the shopping, you can try to draw it out as much as possible. Enjoy, Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I think I found the cure...at least for the short term. I'm broke! I bought two new pair today and I have promised myself no new shoes until I have worn every pair I own out at least once. Remember, after denial comes bargaining...

Style is built from the ground up!

Dawn HH :-)

You are absolutely right (wisdom ?)

In the past I used to spend my "spare money" on electronic gadgets

of all kinds and now I spend it on heels... You know what ?

I think I prefer heels !!!!

I too prefer high heels to electronic gadgets. I am terrible with electronic gadgets and I have fun wearing high heels.

It's OK. I can't let a day go by without a rationalization either. LOL:lmao: