slingbacks and long pants

heelma

I realized today that there can be an issue with wearing long pants over slingbacks. What I found was that the back of the pants get stuck between my foot and the shoe when I walk, so that the pants "get stuck" there and don't slide down over the heel anymore. What's the trick here that I am apparently missing?

I too have encountered this and would love to know if there are any "tricks." This is one of the reasons that I don't wear slingbacks that often. The one thing that I notice that helps is wearing pants that are either a) long enough for the heels or :winkiss: that have a flared leg. The heavier the material that the pants are made of seems to make a big difference as well. I have also noticed when wearing nylons, the material in the pants my form a static cling to the pants causing them to ride up on the leg and into the back of the shoe. I love wearing slingbacks, and this problem can ruin the whole look.

Style is built from the ground up!

duct tape!

lots and lots of duct tape, all over the back of the shoe.

maybe going up the leg, and also around the front of the shoe.

hell... just duct tape over the whole thing, all the way up to the knees. tell people it's the newest style of boots!

in fact, why stop there? for those of us that can't afford the boot-pants, a home-made duct tape version would be inexpensive and would fit perfectly!

i think i may be onto something here. or maybe just on something...:winkiss:

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Yes, I ran into this myself recently, I was proud of some new clogs I recently got (my only pair of them, and I am usually not a clog/mule kind of guy), only to find out an hour later into wearing them that the pants get tucked in between the foot and shoe, fully exposing my secret, and was a bit embarassing :winkiss: The only solution I found that worked *mostly* was for sure no nylons to cling to, and make sure the pants went almost all the way to the floor, so they wouldn't be short enough to get tucked in. Audrey has a nice solution, but most of us guys are not ready to go that far yet. :nervous:

duct tape!

lots and lots of duct tape, all over the back of the shoe.

maybe going up the leg, and also around the front of the shoe.

hell... just duct tape over the whole thing, all the way up to the knees. tell people it's the newest style of boots!

in fact, why stop there? for those of us that can't afford the boot-pants, a home-made duct tape version would be inexpensive and would fit perfectly!

i think i may be onto something here. or maybe just on something...:winkiss:

In my neck o' the woods, duct tape is the answer to everything - unless you add Bondo, bailing wire, and vice grips. And now duct tape comes in a variety of colors that you can match to your shoes!

Maybe men wearing heels isn't such a good idea after all. :nervous:

Coming back to the duct tape idea ... did anyone ever taped his foot to the shoe? If it works and the pants cover the foot, no one will notice, or is this too simply thinking?

I have actually heard of people doing this, but have never done it.

ducttapeducttapeducttape... hrrmmmm...<wipes drool> ducttapeducttapeducttapeducttapeducttapeducttapeducttapeducttapeducttape

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

It also depends on how tight the string of the sling back sits around your foot and thus how easily the shoe is lifted up. If it's tighter, this is a lesser issue than if it's looser. Just had that experience today.

I asked a friend of mine about this recently. She said that the most important thing is to have a good fit with the strap. She said to avoid straps with elastic and only wear slings that have a buckle. Make the strap as tight as possible around the ankle.

I have encountered this problem with sling back heel sandals and mules. I've just learned to live with it. When it gets stuck, it eventually comes out. I have noticed lots of people have the same issue. I'm not saying it looks good, but you just gotta deal with it thats all.

• 1 month later...

The trick is to wear a skirt with slingbacks. :w00t2:

Today, I did it! It's much more fun with it, really. I wore this one from Payless http://www.payless.com/Catalog/productdetail.aspx?ItemCode=61652&ProductColor=Black&Width=Regular&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensShoes&BLC=WomensDressTrendy , with two layers of black tights and a knee-long black skirt out on the streets (with a women's wool jacket, a blond wig and big sunglasses). I didn't get any more looks or comments as if I wear long pants ... maybe slightly more looks, but nothing bad. I can't say it often enough: street heeling is much more fun this way, compared to hiding them under men's clothes!

You mean like the attached picture? Honestly, I DIDN'T even try this. When I was going back through them, this was the last one of the batch that I took. I guess longer jeans would do the trick.

post-14114-13352287453_thumb.jpg

One option maybe is to weight the bottoms Used to be a trick to get skirts to fly out during dancing turns and spins but also to ensure the skirt or coat hang right. By feeding lead shot (on a string) into and around the bottom seam it should hang the bottom always below the heel bed. Also it will stay put for many trips though the washing machine unlike tape. Al

• 2 weeks later...

What about a thin elastic band under the shoe and attach it to the lower back end of the pants... Or get some lead from a shotgun shell and glue in on to the bottom part of the pants to give it some down weight... Or use a 3" inch long, 1/4" wide thin plastic and attach it to the back, inside of the lower end of the pants so it will not curl up. It can be cut out of a plastic bottle and glued on to the pants vertical

As AudreyK said, the trick is to wear a skirt with slings. The higher the heel the more you will slip down the heel and away from the sling-back strap so inevitably you are going to step out of a slingback during the course of walking around in them. It is a lot more fun with a skirt - and a slingback is a lovely looking shoe so why not show it off! Knee length classic skirt looks great with a pair of sling back heels. Heel-Lover

I have only had a couple of pair of sling-backs in my life-time and only worn them with a good looking knee-length skirt for that very same reason. That's why I prefered pumps and boots to sling-backs. I couldn't be bothered to have my pants stuck between my heel and the shoe heel. It doesn't look right and certainly doesn't fell right. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!