Galoshes for high heels.

shorty82

The Swim City Slipper thread in the ladies forum (not sure how that's a ladies only topic as it is something both girl and guy heel wearers could use but I digress) got me thinking about galoshes to protect high heels. I figured there had to be some kind of actual galoshes for heel wearers so I did some Googling.

I found the Shuella, which the website calls "your shoe umbrella". It looks like a wonderful way to protect one's shoes when the weather turns wet. As it covers the entire shoe it looks like it would protect better than the Swims City Slipper.

I like the swim city slippers better, but again when the weather is that horrible i would protect my shoes from going out there in the first place. However, these would do much better than a plastic bag over your shoes whike wearing them.

I remember them from the sixties. One brand was "Rain Dears," I used to see their ads in magazines. They were gray translucent plastic and had pointed toes, narrow heels, and metal inserts inside the heels to keep spikes from poking out through the plastic. I bought a pair and they were great for stealth mode walks at night. They made my metal spikes nearly silent, and if someone looked down at my feet, they didn't really look like heels, just gray boots with narrow toes and, perhaps, a small heel.