A challenge!

Laurieheels

Okay, I have a challenge, and maybe it can stimulate posting, as well as bring more people out of the lurk mode. Here is a challenge. It would be a contest, but there is no prize. So just a challenge. For you web surfers, then, the challenge is simple. Looking at the names of board members, search the shoe sites, and find models that might have the same name as people who are posting here! Yes, that's right! Go out there, look through pictures of shoes, and find models that might have the same (or very, very similar) name as people who are posting here. Ant questions? I hope not. Let's see what people can find!

EH?!

???

Are you, as a ficticious example, suggesting that somewhere out on the ethernet, that your favorite pump or boot model is titled 'Laurie' or 'Lara' or some such by it's manufacturer in their on-line catalog? Or that FireFox's favorite is either one named 'fire' or 'foxy'? Or that mine might be 'banshee' or 'grim reaper' or???

HMMMMM

A bizarre thought.

In my particular case, though, thanks to my parents being from Utah (the KIng of places with people with wierd names), you might, JUST, find one or more of my rather androgynous given names applied to one or more women's shoe models--'Alma' or 'Jo(e)'! :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I never said it would be my favourite style, I am just curious to know about names used for shoes and boots, so why not see what people know? It's an excuse for a person to go and look at shoes, anyway. :lol: Let's hope people post links, or even link to pictures, when they find something. :( And I am hardly ficticious, I'm the real thing. Now go find me something that has the same name. :)

Laurie wrote":

search the shoe sites, and find models that might have the same name as people who are posting here!

Wow, I'd like to see the style called "Buba"! :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Laurie wrote:

In Canada, it is the name for a mini keg of beer. I wonder what that says...

I always knew Canadians had good taste -- but, I guess, it would really depend on weather it tastes great or was less filling?????? :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

They yammer on and on about this bubba keg in a beer commercial for Molson Canadian. It is about men watching hockey, of course. They celebrate because they have found a silly looking pipe organ to play while watching hockey. I find the commercial a bit annoying, actually, but not because of the beer, or the bubba keg. HOWEVER, this is about my challenge to people to find shoe designs with the names of board members. So let's get that whip cracking and let's go searching!

Actually the Bubba is a model of a thick platform sneaker marketed since a few years by Steve Madden. Of course Lauri never heard about it because she never was interested in platforms. Take a look at that page http://www.stevemadden.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/STORE/Sneakers1.htm?L+sm+whlo8993

Now who will find a shoe called Highluc?

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Molson Canadian is good. I like it.

As to Steve Madden's platform sneakers named Bubba, I see they even lowered the price.

http://www.stevemadden.com/PRODUCT_IMAGES/BUBBA101.gif

Hmmm! I've looked and I've looked and I can't find a style of shoe called "Goddess" Has anyone else found one, yet?

Anyone here called LISA ??? I wore a pair of Barratts "Lisa" most of the day today, and actually walked about 6 or 7 kilometers, outside, in them. Black court/mary-jane style with a silver buckle on the strap, and with a three inch block heel. Carried them around for several hours before deciding to "just do it", and wear them. Only one person who really looked, and looked surprised/shocked. Only changed back into male shoes for my visit into several shoe shops (more of that later, but those Bronx "Banshee" pointy high heel ankle boots are absolutely gorgeous to wear), and a visit to a friend who doesn't yet know.

...but those Bronx "Banshee" pointy high heel ankle boots are absolutely gorgeous to wear...

A shoe named BANSHEE?

I'M SAVED!!!! azraelle (actually "azrael")="angel of death" in Hebrew & Arabic, or so I was told. "angel of death"~="banshee"!

:(:lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Someone posted a message about those Bronx "Banshee" zip-up ankle boots a week or two ago, along with a picture (but didn't refer to them by name). I can't find that post right now. They are black, zip-up, have a very pointy toe, a high narrow heel, nearly 5 inches I would guess, cetainly more than 4 inches, with a blue inside lining, sit high on the ankle, and are devine to wear. I tried a pair of these on in Brantano; actually I tried both the size 6 and the 6.5, and tried the 6.5 several times. I could not find a size 7 there, 6.5 seemed good enough though. They are marked down from GBP 70.00 to GBP 40.00 at the moment. (They are fairly similar to the style "Becky" on their web site at the moment, but they are black, only just above ankle length, and do not have the stitching detail on them). [edit]They are also fairly similar to style "Mandy" on the diba USA site at: https://www.dibashoes.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=10 [/edit]

I really surprised one shopper in Brantano who suddenly came around the corner. She walked past without looking; I was partly in the way. I said "sorry, looking for stuff for a party" and stepped aside to let her through. As the floor was tiled the heels made some loud sounds when I moved, which made her look down at my feet. She notices the boots on my feet, and my male shoes discarded at the side of the aisle. She said something like "oh my god, I couldn't wear something that high" and then carried on down the aisle. She tried on some lower boots and then went away to another part of the store. On the shelf right there, there were several pairs of boots exactly the same as I was wearing; maybe I should have grabbed a pair and offered them to her to try?

[edit]I haven't got Flash Player 6 loaded so I cannot access the http://www.bronxshoes.com/ web site.[/edit]

[later]Flash Player 6 loaded. Hmm, I never knew that! Bronx are Dutch, made by Dijkmans BV. The site only lists Dutch dealers, but I also see their UK head office is in Leicester. Check out the list of Trade fairs on their web site; that would be a fun day out. I've now found their US web site at: http://www.bronx-shoes.com/ (which doesn't seem to display all the images properly) and I am now also wondering if they do have a UK specific web site.[/later]

Posted Imagediba USA : Mandy

To Brantano! And I bet there really isn't going to be a style called 'Yamyam', and while I have another nickname, I wouldn't want to cause offence by revealing it.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Heh, just by chance while looking for something else I found "Jo" by Moda at: http://www.designershoes.com/

Posted Image"Jo" by Moda

The style isn't exactly a favourite, so onwards to look for another "Jo" elsewhere.

This shopping site mainly sells sizes 11, 12, 13 (I think US), and has a wide selection.

As I am size UK 6.5 / 7 (= EUR 39.5 / 40) I'm not sure how I ended up at that site.

• 1 month later...

If anyone finds a 'Suzy' style anywhere I would be most interested. A quick glance through my shoes reveals no 'names of any interest to members. Suzy

Love seeketh not itself to please,

Nor for itself hath any care;

But for another gives its ease,

And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.