high heel platform shoes

trevor

i would like to know if walking on a platform pump that has a 5 inch heel and 1 inch platform is the same as walking on a pair of 4 inch pumps. i find that 4 inch pumps are boring and 5 inch pumps are a little hard for me to go any type of distance. i am thinking of buying the indulge platform high heel which says 51/4inch with 11/4 inch platform. i know that they will be no problem. im just hoping they have a little challenge in size 12. What is your opinion for anyone that has worn this type of shoe thank you.

Yes, it's about equivlent to a 4" single sole heel, so it can be a lot easier to walk in for extended periods. If you look at some of the 5 3/4" styles and even 6" platforms you'll notice they feature a one-peice molded sole which makes the shoe stiffer and even easier to walk in. 6" with 2" platform is fairly easy to walk in, and most have better padding than the single sole heels because they are marketed toward the dancers. Hope this helps!

Except for one little fact, they can be a bit tougher to walk in on bumpy and/or not level ground.

When I am wearing my high heels outside on street, I've learned almost instinctively to sense the nature/type of surface that I am about to put my foot onto, through the bottom of my shoes. I can tell almost instantaneously if it is smooth, rough, gravely, etc., or if I'm about to step on a rock.

The sensitivity of your foot is greatly reduced by the thickness of the platform. So, be extra careful to make sure the surface you are about to step onto is free from rocks and/or is one that won't cause your foot to roll over, spraining your ankle.

Happy heeling. :smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

When I am wearing my high heels outside on street, I've learned almost instinctively to sense the nature/type of surface that I am about to put my foot onto, through the bottom of my shoes. I can tell almost instantaneously if it is smooth, rough, gravely, etc., or if I'm about to step on a rock.

The sensitivity of your foot is greatly reduced by the thickness of the platform. So, be extra careful to make sure the surface you are about to step onto is free from rocks and/or is one that won't cause your foot to roll over, spraining your ankle.

Happy heeling. :winkiss:

I have never fallen off of my high heels but I have wobbled a couple of times when I wore platforms. It is so true to be extra careful of the surface you are walking on not only in high heels, but especially platforms.

• 2 weeks later...

i would like to know if walking on a platform pump that has a 5 inch heel and 1 inch platform is the same as walking on a pair of 4 inch pumps. i find that 4 inch pumps are boring and 5 inch pumps are a little hard for me to go any type of distance. i am thinking of buying the indulge platform high heel which says 51/4inch with 11/4 inch platform. i know that they will be no problem. im just hoping they have a little challenge in size 12. What is your opinion for anyone that has worn this type of shoe thank you.

I wear 5" with 1" platform and like you say it's like wearing 4" with the 5" look. It is for me and I find them easy to walk in. I don't wear anything above that because of a foot injury.

t-straps are my favorite style.

Yes, as the others said already.

With respect to wobbling, I usually find myself wobbling more with non-platform shoes (don't know why), but the moment you step onto something uneven, it becomes very fishy ... and you usually notice that only when it's too late. So be careful, otherwise it's fun. I actually like this little bit extra thrill.

Also, if the shoe is really tight, your feet/toes might fall asleep in platforms, as they don't move at all, again due to the stiffness of the sole.

thanks for all the replys but ive come across a new pair of high heel patent pumps which are 43/4 inches high with a 3/4 inch platform which look very sexy. i currently have a pair of jante 5 inch patent pumps with the double ankle strap in a size 12 which are a little loose. i have a size 11 foot. my question is do you think i would be all right to get a size 11. they are out of the black in size 12 for about 3 more months and i really wanted these now. im sure you guys know the feeling. you can see these shoes by googling catwalk-11 high heels. tell me what you think.

thanks for all the replys but ive come across a new pair of high heel patent pumps which are 43/4 inches high with a 3/4 inch platform which look very sexy. i currently have a pair of jante 5 inch patent pumps with the double ankle strap in a size 12 which are a little loose. i have a size 11 foot. my question is do you think i would be all right to get a size 11. they are out of the black in size 12 for about 3 more months and i really wanted these now. im sure you guys know the feeling. you can see these shoes by googling catwalk-11 high heels. tell me what you think.

What about these here?

http://www.super-sexy-high-heels.com/classic_pumps.htm

then search for "Hideout Pump"

Aren't they very similar and available in black also?

Besides that ... I am still waiting for the moment that those hidden platforms finally become available more widespread in larger sizes. Except for Payless, I need somewhere between 14 and 15, usually....

• 1 month later...

i can 't wear normal highheels my size for comfort is size 14 , but by wearing platforms even as little as 1 inch , they are a ton easier to walk in esp. someone like me who's 200 + lbs . i've found by wearing a larger size more than recommended , eg normal shoe size for me is 10 and i wear size 14 platform boots . its much easier to walk in thigh high 5 inch platform boots even my mistress says i walk better than in size 12 or 13 . hope that helps !!

For what it's worth, my advise is to move toward a 6" heel with a 2" (or less) platform. Higher platforms, regardless of heel height, may be fun, but they really throw your stance off. It's going to be more normal to walk in a 6" heel with a 1.5" platform than a 6" heel with a 3" platform. Only sissies wear less than a 6" heel. Real men wear really high heels. :w00t2: