A bit embarrissing

maninkirt

Just been talking with my fiance, checking out how he´s been doing in his new heels. My fiance, -Hey love, I´m doing just fine. The guys, well no one of them had said a word about my heels or my hose. They just been giving me some strange looks, thats all. Its ok I can take it. The girls though, all of them had been positive to my high heel wearing. All telling me I´m looking good, my heels suits me, going very well to me lady style jeans too. Oh thats nice, honey. My fiance, -Yes isn´t it. Had a coffe break together with two of them, they looking to my feet, to my heels, seein I wore nylons. They asking me if I wore knee high or pantyhose. First I got a bit embarrissing, huess I was red all over my face but I told them, "I´m wearing hose". They seemed to approve on my choise of nylons because one of them told me she thought it was a good choise, "better than knee highs". Then they both told me they to wore hose, telling me, "hose is better when you have to do much sitting at your desk". There you see love, you´re just doing fine. What else has happened. My fiance, -I´ve been up and around. Had a pretty busy morning. Sitting at my desk working, running between my desk and the copy machine. While sitting working I been sitting with my legs crossed. Its cool honey, how easy it is doing a bit of dangling with my heels. I did a bit of heel dangling and heel dipping, he, he. Yes hone, you´re right. This is a good thing getting a bit of a rest from your heels. My fiance, -Yes you´re right. My secritary coming in, me sitting in my nylons. Me trying founding my heels, slipping my feet back in to them. Yeah it was a bit embarrissing. She just smiled, saying; "Oh I know all about tight fitting shoes, its ok". We both started to laugh, then we got on with the working.

From your posts I assume your Gay.( nothing wrong with that) I just haven't heard much about Gay's that are really into heel wearing and loving it. It sounds like you are really enjoying life and a very happy person. I'm glad things are going your way. Hope you are feeling better after the car mishap. Good luck.

t-straps are my favorite style.

OMG NNOOOOOOOO..................... now there's HOMOSEXUALS on this board?!? is nothing sacred? i'm bloody leaving! <lifts skirt and stalks out of the ballroom, heels clicking furiously> :smile:

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

OMG NNOOOOOOOO.....................

now there's HOMOSEXUALS on this board?!?

is nothing sacred?

i'm bloody leaving!

<lifts skirt and stalks out of the ballroom, heels clicking furiously>

:smile:

Not to worry. What r1gOr said, was said with "tongue in cheek"

:thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yeah, it' was just r1g0r's sarcastic sense of humour, and I think irony is the best way to ridicule the prejudices or other absurdities. And, as far as I know, maninkirt has been living as a woman for some time, and for me, traditional homo- and heterosexual classification doesn't relate to TS / TG / intersex / androgynous etc. people. I'd rather use "androphile / gynephile" terms for monosexual orientations to determine whether one is attracted towards men or women. This problem doesn't exist with regard to bisexuality. Anyway, the best way could be saying: "I'm more attracted towards men / women" etc. It has one advantage: since you don't use a label [e.g. "gay"] to define yourself, you avoid bringing the stereotypes or label's implied meanings to the interlocutor's mind.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

and i don't think t-strap lover first pot on this thread came across 100% as he intended.... i don't think he was having a go at "gays" (sorry i hate using terms like tis)... but he was just surprise that gays like wearing heels as I have read a few other theads that gays does not wear heels for whatever reasons.... peronally i don't belive in this... as the same blanket rule may be said that men don't wear heels because of blah blah blah......

Yeah, it' was just r1g0r's sarcastic sense of humour, and I think irony is the best way to ridicule the prejudices or other absurdities. And, as far as I know, maninkirt has been living as a woman for some time, and for me, traditional homo- and heterosexual classification doesn't relate to TS / TG / intersex / androgynous etc. people. I'd rather use "androphile / gynephile" terms for monosexual orientations to determine whether one is attracted towards men or women. This problem doesn't exist with regard to bisexuality.

Anyway, the best way could be saying: "I'm more attracted towards men / women" etc. It has one advantage: since you don't use a label [e.g. "gay"] to define yourself, you avoid bringing the stereotypes or label's implied meanings to the interlocutor's mind.

Elegant, you must remember that words have meanings. And dictionaries are usually written to hold the definitions so that anyone using a word can look it up, understand what it means and the impression it conveys to the reader/listener so that there is no misunderstanding.

Some words, like "gay" enter into the lexicon through popular use even though the "current" meaning means something entirely different than the meaning the word was originally supposed to mean.

I guess we could call a homosexual a "banana" or a "lid" or even a "pillar of salt." It really doesn't make any difference what word you use to call/label/define someone or something. The only thing that is important is that those that use the word know what they expect people they're writing to/speaking with know what you mean.

Always remember: "It depends on what your definition of "is" is"......

:smile:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

As I have stated in previous posts, I am not gay but I have been to two dances at two different gay dance clubs. I was the only man there wearing 5" stiletto high heels. I was accepted, had a good time, danced all night (no slow dances, though), and treated excellently.

so it seems to me @ least, kind of strange that "GAY" means homosexual today but in times past it meant happy,how in the heck did it change like that & for what reason(s) I'd REALLY like to know- I'd say that instead of you saying (in todays english that is) "yes sir, he's gay" in the 17th century (& somewhat later) you would have said somthing like " aye me lord, he be queer" hence the term queer, meaning "strange, alien, & so on. its really interesting how english has evolved thruout the centuries- just try hearing how MIDDLE english sounded, still different when compared to MODERN english. & if you hear OLD english (or anglo saxon) you might as well be hearing a dutch or german or even nordic language, since way back then you could have understood any germanic dialect. wow, this was a lecture I think!:smile:

so it seems to me @ least, kind of strange that "GAY" means homosexual today but in times past it meant happy,how in the heck did it change like that & for what reason(s) I'd REALLY like to know- I'd say that instead of you saying (in todays english that is) "yes sir, he's gay" in the 17th century (& somewhat later) you would have said somthing like " aye me lord, he be queer" hence the term queer, meaning "strange, alien, & so on. its really interesting how english has evolved thruout the centuries- just try hearing how MIDDLE english sounded, still different when compared to MODERN english. & if you hear OLD english (or anglo saxon) you might as well be hearing a dutch or german or even nordic language, since way back then you could have understood any germanic dialect. wow, this was a lecture I think!:smile:

I don't know if your trying to make an issue out of my post or not. I said happy in meaning glad,fun, or joy, not using it as another word for gay. if you feel offended by the word happy then you have a problem. What word do you want me to use when descibing gays? Maybe males that prefer males that wear heels?

t-straps are my favorite style.

T-straps, if you were using the word "gay" to mean happy, glad, fun, you used the right word. It was the rest of us that applied the wrong meaning to the word you chose to use. However if you were using the word "gay" to refer to homosexuals, you could have just used the word "homosexuals" because that's what they are. The only people that don't like to use that word are "homosexuals" -- hence using any other word that means the same thing, but doesn't carry the "derogatory" connotation with it, is more socially acceptable to homosexuals. If, that is what you intended... But, enough of this.

I think people got away from homosexuals and heterosexuals for the same reason we give people shorter nicknames (thomas=tom), most of us tend to use quick and easy language.. I'd prefer homosexual to other, shorter terms such as fag, queer, etc. Gay's usually ok, but I've even cought other homosexual men saying "thats so gay".. *shrug* maninkirt: sorry your thread seems to have been hijacked :smile: I hope your fiance has given his male co-workers a few more chances to see him in heels so he stops getting odd looks. Thanks for telling us about his day!

(formerly known as "JimC")

Gay's usually ok, but I've even cought other homosexual men saying "thats so gay".. *shrug

Perhaps they poked fun at the notion that "gay" equals "lame", "bad" etc.? I think that could be possible, and I noticed something simmilar here in Poland: quite a few LGBT people used the word "pedał" [which here means "faggot" and is a strong and common homophobic slur] or "lesba" ["dyke"] among themselves, with no hostile / derogatory overtones.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!