Sculptra injections

Marcus

Question

I've read that some women have the ball of their feet injected with Restylane or Sculptra, two fillers commonly used for facial wrinkles or feature enhancement. In this way, they create a soft pad that reduces the pain caused by high heels. I've also seen a video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCzIE06SHAY. Do you think it really helps? Marco

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

12 answers to this question

Personally, I'd stay away from simmilar body modifications and stick with gel cushions instead. I know this pain very much [and it's really a pain in the ass even though it's in ball of the feet :D], but I wouldn't go for injecting silicone etc. unles the risk is very low.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

i agree, i really don't believe it necesary, unless you plan to wear everyday, all day long, and there's no chance for you off using a pair of tennis shoes, which by the way pops the question to my mind, that ok those injections help you with heels, but what about other shoes, do they still feel the same?

If it is done for medical reasons by a board certified podiatrist, it might be OK. If it is to be done just so you can wear heels, and by any old fool of a plastic surgeon or doctor, aviod it at all costs, your feet could end up messed up and painfull for life. A poiatrist knows where everything in the foot is supposed to be, and is very likely to stick the needle in the right place, or better yet recomend an alternative treatment.

Feet take a lot of pounding, in or out of shoes. Our weight pressing on the bones and tissues creates a lot of pressure within our feet and I do not have a good feeling about foreign materials injected in there. This stuff could break loose and migrate within the foot and cause a whole lot more trouble than foot pain. I don't think injections are a good idea -- gel pads are a whole lot safer.

Have a happy time!

I've read that some women have the ball of their feet injected with Restylane or Sculptra, two fillers commonly used for facial wrinkles or feature enhancement. In this way, they create a soft pad that reduces the pain caused by high heels. I've also seen a video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCzIE06SHAY. Do you think it really helps? Marco

ITV did an item on this recently, with some woman in the "States" who had haD THIS DONE AND WAS FULL OF PRAISES FOR IT. (sorry for caps). personally I do not need any help. My feet aare good enough without external help.

My own reaction would be the same as most others- don't touch it unless you have cast iron guarantees with the "product". If you mess up your feet- no more heels, total discomfort for life. Pain for ever. not good news.

"Salesmen will sell fridges to eskimos" Profit.

Leave well alone

Muddypaws.:smile:

I wouldn't, as Sculptra is made to treat lipoatrophy, the loss of fat in the face, not other padding tissues in the balls of the feet. It's not been studied for use in a higher pressure area like the ball of the foot. Since it stimulates the synthesis of collagen in the skin, and not fat (or the connective tissue which cushions the ball of the foot), such use might very well render one rather lame, either temporarily or permanently. If a plastic surgeon is recommending this, strongly recommend you seek a podiatrist with solid credentials, instead.

I have looked into this but it wasn't Sculptra, I have been having burning sensations on and off for about 2 or 3 years and I also have a friend that had it done. The thing she had done was not permanent and lasted for up to a year. I have fillers in my cheeks and have had no problems but everything is not permanent which I am comfortable with. I am still considering having it done and seeing if it helps. I have tried the Scholl gel cushions but i don't like them at all, I think they are too hard and they move around cos i wiggle my toes a lot. I am however considering having something custom made out of a gel material that fits into my shoes. Realy not sure what's best. Any advice much appreciated.

2 cents! I personally would give the custom orthotics a try first. I have had a couple of corrective surguries on 3 of the toes on the right foot (not do to high heeled shoes but high arches)and neither one worked out completely. Just a thought.