Ankle Bracelets

samheel

Hey Guys: I know women have been wearing ankle bracelets out for some time, but do any of you do it? (I dislike them UNDER the stocking!) I dig wearing some this summer with sandals. I am just looking for the right wooden heeled sandal that I can wear with shorts, but what about bracelets? I really dig them. I asked some kiosk woman at the mall, and she told me that "guys don't do that". (Really?) Farts on her. She was all gung-ho for selling me earrings, belly button, nose, and tongue piercings, wrist bracelets, nipple jewelry, OTHER piercings, etc. but balked when I took a measly peek at the ankle bracelts. Sheesh. What's with that? My teen daughter is weaving me some out of colored strings anyway, as the women's ones were kinda small for a guy's ankle. Samheel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're sexy on women, but I wouldn't wear one myself.

Chris

I have to echo Chris100575's sentiments. At some point one must ask: Just what kind of message are you trying to send?

However, I did hear about one man who was given an anklet with a high-heeled charm by a co-worker who noticed his heels. If someone gave me such a thing, I honestly don't know what I'd think. ;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I don't think I am trying to send any message at all. I just like the way they look, so I want to wear them to adorn my corpus. (Which as of the past few years is in need of extra adornment!) I was only wondering if they were considered "male" jewelry, or "unisex". For instance, for the sake of discussion, I have come to sense that wrist bracelets are "unisex" as well as ear cuffs and non-dangly stud earrings. Diamond engagement rings are "female" as well as smooth pearl necklaces and dangly/hooped earrings. I used to wear rough pearl necklaces and pucca shells in the '70's, so those are unisex to me, but are they still? Nose piercings are sorta female, I guess. (ow!) Leather wrist cuffs, and certain woven pendants are considered "male". Head bandanas are male, but neck scarves are female, I guess!? And don't get me started on the color pink. I am getting confused trying to sort it all out. (Why should I bother?) Like right now, I am wearing a small nondescript woven thread on one of my ankles, that my daughter made me. It is a "friendship" anklet she wove from five threads. I think of my kid when I look at it, so I am wearing it, no matter what gender it is for. Samheel

I don't think I am trying to send any message at all... Samheel

Au contrair! Everything you wear (and sometimes what you don't wear) sends some type of message to others - it's called image. Otherwise, guys like John Mallory would have no success at all with books like Dress For Success.

So now the questions become: A] What kinds of circles are you associating with? and B] What kind of image (message) are you trying to project?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Au contrair! Everything you wear (and sometimes what you don't wear) sends some type of message to others - it's called image. Otherwise, guys like John Mallory would have no success at all with books like Dress For Success.

So now the questions become: A] What kinds of circles are you associating with? and B] What kind of image (message) are you trying to project?

Ankel chains used to be worn by women to advertise the fact that they were prostitutues. :-(

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

I think it is up to the individual if they like ankle bracelets then wear them. As for me I found a pendent necklace that when I wrap it around my ankle makes a nice bracelet. I also wear it outside of the nylons.

Welcome to the forum, Bobbie Jane.;):o

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Ankel chains used to be worn by women to advertise the fact that they were prostitutues. :-(

That was certainly true in the UK in the late 50s/early 60s but then seemed to have died out along with proper stockings and stilettos - I don't know why. Unfortunately, the memory lingered on and many young (and not so young) women have rejected ankle chains in recent years as suggesting a status that was not appropriate to them.

As to male wearers - why not? I saw a couple (mid-30s) out at a car boot sale early last summer both wearing shorts, sandals and thin gold ankle chains. The chains carried what appeared to be small identical charms (heart-shaped or similar) and I thought it quite an appropriate but discreet way of showing togetherness, loyalty, solidarity or whatever term best applies. I saw the same man by himself at the same place on other occasions wearing gold or dark blue toenail varnish and silver toe rings with his sandals (flat Birkenstock type) but as he was in long trousers I couldn't see the ankle chain.

Clearly, this man has some freestyle ideas and his SO's support. People at car boot sales spend quite a lot of time looking down at items displayed on the ground, so feet are fairly prominent but (apart from me) no-one seemed to take any special interest in him and he was perfectly conventional in every other respect.

I have to echo Chris100575's sentiments. At some point one must ask: Just what kind of message are you trying to send?

What is that supposed to mean? So it's ok for society to accept men wearing heels but then when it comes to some other item you don't like then things change? What kind of message do you want to send when you're wearing heels?

It reminds me of people who think high heels are for prostitutes. What does clothing have to do with a person's attitude/job/sexual preference/etc?

• 1 month later...

Unlike chris 100575 (unusually) I'm getting an ankle chain with soulmate's full encouragement. I've got several pairs earrings and i'm happy to be myself. Which for me doesnt include a skirt - to demonstrate we all have our own persona!!

• 9 months later...

anklets under nylons??? ick... whats the point of wearing one then??? sides thats only more likely to rip them cant say i know any guys that wear them though. and besides me, the only other girl at work that i know of who wears one wears it with tennis shoes so its mostly hidden anyways sighs.. she used to dress up but says shes in rebellion.. i dont blame her.. the way my work is these days. if we didnt have a dress code.. my clothing would be alot different too.. lol.. (alot shorter for my skirts for one! lol) *pouts* oh wells.. stupid people... oh wells, once i get my credit card paid off im still getting my peircings done.. :santa_hat: my anklet though has stars and bells on it that ring every time i take a step or move it.. given that i work in a callcenter im suprized noones said anything but...

I got one 2 years in the Carribean and I love it. I had him put it on and fuse the thingee clasp thing and have not taken it off ever since. It is a thin, gold weave style anklet. I have liked it but I know it will eventually get old and I'll have to have some one eventually get it off me. I don't think it will be that big a deal, but I know it will be kinda kewl to eventually get it off...

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

Thank God..I found this post!!! I was planning to buy a think gold anklet. I did alot of searching online..usually all my anklets were bought for me as gifts from loved ones. However, I want to buy my own sexy looking thin gold anklet:winkiss: so how do u guys feel about thin gold anklets?

Those are very nice and with nice feet can look very sexy, especially like in the first pic. ;)

thanx high heels!! thats exactly what i like and am looking for..I hate those thick ankle bracelets in siler or gold..when it comes to silver or gold..I prefer a very thin simple yet sexy anklet. i also think gold anklets look gorgeous on olive skin and darker/tanner....(like the 1st photo)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I can't say it for sure. Maybe barefooted, cause anklet certainly looks great barefooted. On the other hand, as for shoes, well, it depends on the shoes, cause there are also very nice shoes that make it looks good as much as barefooted or maybe even better. I think it's just matter of personal taste.

thanks alot high heels do u guys think its sexier when its fitting or when it has that slight dangle(loose) what is the main thing u find enticing or sexy about an anklet... i read the history on them and stuff and famous people wearing them..like Jennifer lopez, madonna, the late princess Diana, Goldie Hawn, Sally Field, Hillary Clinton, Chelsey Clinton, Elizabeth Hurley, Anna Kournikova, Madonna, Sharon Stone, Jemima Khan. and also famous Indian actresses in Hindi Bollywood movies too. These include the leading ladies Kareena Kapoor, Preity Zinta, Aishwarya Rai, Rani Mukherjee, Kajol, Sushmita Sen, Lara Dutta, Priyanka Chopra, Neha Dhupiya, Madhuri Dixit, Karishma Kapoor, Ameesha Patel, Raveena Tandon, Amrita Rao, Rekha and several others.

do u guys think its sexier when its fitting or when it has that slight dangle(loose)

Slight dangle is better.

what is the main thing u find enticing or sexy about an anklet...

I like what it gives to overall look and appearance as a thin little gold detail. Barefooted or with some nice shoes, it looks really great and can certainly make others notice or pay attention to your feet or shoes.

I don't think anklet looks good with shoes that have ankle straps. They also make anklet less noticable. MAYBE only if the shoe have one really thin ankle strap.

It's best with mules, pumps or sandals (without ankle straps).