Silly Reaction / Walking On Cobblestone Pavement

freestyle75

Hi everyone,

I was out this Saturday going on a shopping spree, wearing my Fendi sandals, white bootcut jeans (self-made) and a white short-sleeved shirt.

Posted Image

While my steps are shorter, my speed of walking is just the usual (well it got slower after a few hours due to the strap cutting me, but I digress - anyway, I didn't have the impression that a lot of people did really notice that I was wearing these wedge sandals. Even in the shops nobody really paid attention or said anything to me.

Till... I got into a smaller boutique where I shopped a few things and was standing in line at the cash register, a couple just standing in front of me. She was paying, he was standing next to her, bored, looking around. While looking at me, he suddenly burst out into a laugh, but stopped immediately. Sort of like someone suddenly laughing at a funeral but realizing that it's not the right place. His wife asked why he was laughing. He cleared his throat and answered "oh, there was something funny outside."

Which made EVERYONE in that store take a look outside, even the girl at the cash register. Nothing outside. Not even a single person walking there (the boutique is in a very quiet side-road, no car traffic allowed). The girl at the cash register shook her head, his wife looked at him like "you are nuts", and I started to chuckle a bit.

Geeez... he didn't even have the guts to ask me about the sandals, he just made something silly up. I sometimes find it amusing to see how men do react, just to act as if they did not react...

Now to the not-so-funny part: Cobblestone pavement. I've walked on cobblestone pavement with heels before, mostly chunky heels (boots) where it doesn't matter that much. I also seem to be more stable in boots than in the sandals.

Anyway... when I went back to my car, I had to cross the central market place, which has cobblestone pavement all over. I nearly twisted my ankle 4 or 5 times - never thought it would be so difficult with these wedges. Next time I will probably take a different route.

I wonder: Do you "optimize" your route when walking in heels (e.g. stilettos) based on the "road conditions" you going to have ahead?

He was nice enough not to try and embarrase you and single you out. That was quite noble. I find it hard on cobblestone with really high platforms. Boots are just easy to walk in. I have to walk more carefully in pumps and wedges. I try to walk in the same height of heels most of the time. Just to keep things consistant. 4" heels are my everyday shoes. Any more than that, then I'm not as graceful. But my favorite are my 4.5" slender heels with a bit of platform. I think there is a clip on you tube with russian women in moscow walking in crazy heeled stiletto boots. And moscow has a ton of cobblestone. Just be careful on the cobblestone, very easy to sprain an ankle.

I don't think cobblestone streets are easy to navigate regardless of what shoes are worn.

Right on, but sometimes they are a bit easier with heels, if those are shoes with a very hard bottom.

When the bottom is relatively soft, be it male or female shoes, the cobblestones always hurt my

feet. The only exceptions are some 2-3 inch block heels I have with a very hard sole.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.