Sitting "en pointe"

Marcus

90% of the times I pay attention to how I'm sitting on a chair I find that I don't lean the whole feet on the floor, instead I touch the ground with the toes only, putting my feet in a "ballet" position. I dare say that it's almost uncomfortable for me to put the feet in a normal way. Does this happen to anybody else? Could it be the sign of a tendons shortening? M

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Same thing is slowly occurring to me I believe. I can still walk barefoot without issues, but I do find it harder to lift/flex the front of the foot upward beyond the 90 degree point lately. I am wearing heels quite a bit more than ever this year since I started street heeling, where as in the past it was just an occasional at home thing. Yes, I am noticing the change, I sleep and sit with the foot extended "en pointe" as you say.

Me too. I´m wearing high heels dayly and this thing has happened to me too in the last few months or so. I´m able walk in flat shoes, trainers or barefoot but it takes me some time for me, for my feet to adjust not beeing in high heels being able tho put the whole feet on the ground. Me too I´m sitting with my feet extended "en pointe" too, for a couple of minutes or so. This has been happening more often during the last couple of months. Was at a meeting last week. Was in my high heel all day, having quite a bit of both walking and standing. Had to do a long pressentation so I was up there standing for say 45 minutes or so. Had to do this in my 5 inch mega pointy heels. My toes was all pinched against this pointy toe box. Had to kick my heels of you know, back at my place. Hoping no one saw me doing this, kicking my heels off under the table. Problem was I coulden´t put my feet flat on the floor. I had to sit as you said "en pointe", while giving my toes a bit of a rest.

I would hav sworn that I never do this until I noticed myself doing it today! I was getting a hair cut wearing a pair of 3 inch Mary Janes. The booth was a bit cramped so I couldn't cross my legs and noticed sitting with my toes on the foor and heels in the air! I wonder if I do this a lot. If I hadn't read this thread some time ago, I may never have noticed.

Style is built from the ground up!

OK, I guess I'll have to be different. I have very high arches yet when wearing high heels and sitting without legs crossed, both heels are planted firmly on the ground. I even play with my high heels on the floor as I am sitting. I will catch myself tapping my stilettos on the floor as I am typing or reading.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to sit "en pointe" after taking my heels off. I have to walk on my toes tip toeing the first few steps I take after taking my heels off. Its becoming harder putting down the whole feet after a whole day in high heels. I can walk in flat shoes but first ten minutes or so its hard for me putting the whole foot flat down. Remember I told you about it. Guess every body know my boyfreind started wearing high heels too. He has started having this problem too. My boyfreind, -I have´been seeing my girlfreind sitting "en pointe", after taking hers heels off, tip toing the first few minutes after she´s been kicking hers heels off. She looking cute, looking sexy doing this. Tip toeing around inside the house in her nylons after a whole day in heels or sitting "en pointe". She looking cute doing this. I like that, was smiling, laughing. Yes I like seeing her doing this. Me I was trying telling my boyfreind, it hurts putting the whole feet flat after many many hours wearing high heels. I guess he didn´t know what I was talking about. Guess you do now, love. My boyfreind, -Guess I do honey. I´m having it the same as you now. I can´t putting my feet flat down for the first few minutes or so. Have to do it the same way you do, love. He, he, my boyfreind doing it yes, the same as me. Can´t help smiling you coming inside the house, the first thing you do is kicking your high heels off (just like me), tip toing inside the house for the first few minutes. Yes honey, you looking very cute doing this, tip toing, sitting "en pointe". My boyfreind, -Yes love, now I know all about this. Can´t putting my feet flat to the floor for the first couple of minutes out off my heels. Yes me too, I have too sitting "pointe" as you said. The first time I noticed I had was me sitting working at the office. Had to kick my pumps of. My toes feeling a bit tightt, a bit stiff. Coulden´t put my feet flat to the floor. Oh it hurted I had to sit with my feet "en pointe" for a couple of minutes or so before I was able putting my feet flat to the floor.

Having only during the last month got my own heels (4"), prior to that it was sneeky borrows, for a few minutes.

I have often found myself "heels up" whilst at a computer,desk or more formal meals for many years and noticed regular heel wearers are often holding the same "pose" with heels kicked off.

All my day shoes ( conventional male trainers, steel toes and posh) have low heels well below an inch therefore keeping the tendons stretched most of the time. I've managed 4 hours in the heels, only stepping down as everyone was due home!

Returning to ground level is a very strange toe high feeling.

Most of my partners heels max at 3". and as she's 2 sizes smaller only slingbacks can be adjusted to fit me so I think this is not my cause just my habit (feet at rest, not heels).

Edited extra

when we are relaxed our feet normally droop to mid movement neither flat or full "en pointe" both extremes aren't easy to maintain without shoes or a floor to stand on.

Something I learnt doing artwork many years ago that I remembered whilst waking up this morning with the top of my feet flat on the mattress. Obviously brain working before body