Walked out, 2-for1!

ChipsHH

Ok. Well, I think this is it. Yesterday was declared my last time buying heels. My account IS okay for much more, but I'm better off stopping myself now. (Would you believe this was me: :-? buying the shoes?)

So yesterday, I ended things with a bang...or something like that. Mom wanted me to go to Walgreens to get a few things, and I needed to get back these books I rented from the library....If you were thinking what I had to do when I got home nearly 2-3 hours later, you've guessed right. I had to...tell a little lie, to avoid revealing my plans. I would have revealed I got more heels to my mom, but the step-dad & little sister were in the room when I got back.

After my visit to Walgreens and the library, I went over to the bank to take out 20 dollars. I had a couple of 20's already with me, so I needed another to get these wedges I was eyeing the day before. Got the money and went on to Carson's. (Btw, didn't wear any heels into the bank this time :w00t2:

At Carson's, it wasn't too crowded as I came in (still not in any heels). Not many people in the "Shoes" section either. Strange...I went onward to the Clearance racks and nabbed the shoes I was strongly eyeing. They were RocaWear's black slingback wedges. I went on to try them on. Pretty good fit. I went up to checkout. Tried on a few other pairs as well, but they couldn't match the feeling these wedges had. Here we go. The wedges I was longing for, will be mine! The clerk, female, scanned the box's barcode. "That'll be $18.95." ! ! ! Wait! $18.95?! "I thought they were gonna be over $60??" She replied, "Oh. They're part of the 'Yellow Dot' sale. Anything marked with a yellow dot is an extra 70 percent off the price shown." :w00t2: I was completely caught off-guard. While I was forced on the Clearance, there was another sale going on before my eyes?! .....No way could I pass this opportunity up! I went back to retry on the shoes I already tried on so I could reach a new verdict: walking out with not one, but 2 pairs of shoes! At such an affordable price! The verdict I reached:...no, not another 'Yellow Dot', but a big, red 'Sale' dot. I went on to buy another pair of wedges, Dereon's black peep-toe wedges. Another great buy in the eyes of HHDude!

Wanted to take the Dereon's for a spin, so I went to a Thrift store. o.o Strange way to showcase some wedges, right? Didn't know where else to really go, so I chose here. Took me a good 5 mins to finally muster up and go in (not including the walk, however). Went in to a couple of people in a line, the check-out lady, and a few people sitting on the opposite side by the window (all males). I walked by, but didn't care for the reactions and went on to see what they had. Was greatly disappointed that not much changed in.....2 days. o.o Yeah, perfect day to show off. I still looked for a good 10 mins, then finally left out. It was 5 mins into staying in the store that I finally got...a compliment!

It was a middle-aged lady, looked to be in her 40s. I walked into the aisle, looking up at the choices they had when she walked on past me. She was only a few feet away from me when she started to look at the floor. Probably thought she dropped something, and when she looked down, she noticed my footwear of choice! Thought it was nothing at first (me and her both), but her 2nd look had to send out the question: "You like women's shoes?" Of course, I was kinda caught off-guard at the question, but replied with a simple "Yes." Oh Lord, the woman said to herself, which I happen to have heard. "They look nice! What size are they?" "Size 11." "Well they look too small on you! But they look very nice!" (Thanks to the soft gold-leather padding, they actually do slide my foot up some, forcing the toes to poke a little far out, making them seem "too small" as she said.) I said Thanks and went on my way. Heh, as I left I was just thinking of the convo we could of had, but of course, I was caught completely off-guard, and it only ended up being a few words from me. -sigh- Dangit...

So, thus ends my heel-buying (until winter) and heeling out...well, maybe not. But, I had lots of fun heeling out, and hope to do more. I hope to tell you of my adventures heeling out wayy more than my adventures buying until I was broke. Haha, it was great typing out my times out and about, and I hope you all enjoyed it all, as I did. Pics will be up soon, so bear with me. Time taking pics doesn't come by like that. So doesn't getting a good pair of AA batteries. Lol, with that...I need a break! :o:cool1:

Formally "HHDude"

It was a rather-old lady, looked to be in her 40s.

Bite your toung youngster!:-?

Great adventure HHD. Gets easier all the time huh. Keep the stories comming, we really love reading about your experiences.:o

real men wear heels

40 is the new 30 or something. Great posts HHD and good to see the youth of today aren't all sheep following the fashion herd.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Great experience HHD. She sounded like a cool lady even if she was OLD!!! Just kidding, you'll have to put up with some mock indignance in here from some of us old farts. Still, we should all remember that age is relative. Hope you have many more positive experiences.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Well, like Jay Z said, "...thirty's the new 20..." Soon, when he hit's 40, he may be rapping about 40 being the new 30!!

Yhay's exactly how it works... Won't be too long before I'm saying that 50 is the new 40! :o

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.