Settle An Argument....

taj1963

Hello Heel Lovers, Was hoping one or some of you could settle an argument between my wife and I. I'm contending that the heel height rises as the shoe size lengthens. For example, a 3" heel on a size 6US would increase to, let's say, a 3.5" heel on a size 10US of the same shoe, therefore keeping the degree of the arch the same. She contends that the heel height would stay at 3" regardless of the shoe size. Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated....thanks!!

Your right, She is wrong. Standard shoe sizes use for comparisons is a size 7. So if you go either way heel hight will be ruffly +/-.5" , larger sizes can differer up to 1". Shoe design matain the same angle of the foot bed through all sizes, but do to the length of the foot heel hight has to accommodate.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

but not always true especially with the cheaper retailers. new look forexample used the same 4in heel for a size 8 shoe as a size 4 as my ex had the same shoes i purchased via ebay, much steeper in the smaller sizes. have seen this with various manufacturers too, but some ie faith etc seem to increase height with size

You are right on this ... but settling an argument with your wife by posting it into a public forum is usually not a good idea :o

Hello Heel Lovers,

Was hoping one or some of you could settle an argument between my wife and I. I'm contending that the heel height rises as the shoe size lengthens. For example, a 3" heel on a size 6US would increase to, let's say, a 3.5" heel on a size 10US of the same shoe, therefore keeping the degree of the arch the same. She contends that the heel height would stay at 3" regardless of the shoe size. Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated....thanks!!

Yes, I believe you both are correct. Normally, the heel will grow with the shoe size, this is the more common practice. However, as others have stated, not all shoe companies follow the same manufacturing processes. So you are likely to find examples supporting both arguments if you were to go to your local shoe store and start comparing them.

It all depends. Some lasts are designed on heel height and soem are designed on angle of crank. In the former the heel height will be the same for all sizes and in the latter the heel height will increase according to size.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It all depends. Some lasts are designed on heel height and soem are designed on angle of crank. In the former the heel height will be the same for all sizes and in the latter the heel height will increase according to size.

"Crank" What an unusual word to describe the part of a shoe.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.