Interesting Shoe Store Conversation

onyourtoes

I was shopping in a nearby Off Broadway Shoes, which is a huge place -- actually larger than the nearby DSW, and with lots more of my size.

I was looking for something with a fairly low heel as I've been having some lower back problems and have found in the past, that a low heel helps to relieve it.

I found a pair of B.O.C., a sub-brand of Born, "Olivia" Mary Janes with 2 3/4 inch wedge heels, see the photo, and took them over to a bench and tried them on.

Many times I don't try on in the store, but I figured if I was going to wear these openly visible at work and other places, I might as well start in the store. Also I didn't want to waste the time having to return them -- many times manufacturers/distributors inaccurately translate European size 41 as 11, where 41 is closer to 9 or 10 at the largest.

They fit fine, and I later noticed they are marked size 43 inside the shoe.

I took them to the register and there were 3 young ladies working together, I doubt they were over 20 years old. The girl who was removing the security gadget looked somewhat confused.

I said, "You look puzzled. Is it because I'm a man buying Mary Janes? I'm sure you sell lots of high heels to men."

The girl at the register responded, "We do, uh, lots. But they're probably for their wives or girlfriends. You tried them on!"

I replied matter-of-factly, "That's because they're for me, and I'll bet most of those other men are buying for themselves, too."

The first girl handed me my bag and said, "That's pretty cool, Mister."

I put them on in the car, went back to the store and modeled them, and showed how well I could walk, heels that low don't even feel like heels. Then I came home, and logged on to High Heel Place.

I know they're too low and wide heeled for many of our members, but for me, they're great, comfortable, shoes. And my back feels great today.

post-44-133522862559_thumb.jpg

I know they're too low and wide heeled for many of our members, but for me, they're great, comfortable, shoes. And my back feels great today.

Then they are perfect (actually quite nice looking!)! Thanks for the story, and I agree...most places list a 41 as a US 11 when they are much smaller!

Nice shoes.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Those look great, and very comfortable for everyday wear. Although I still buy most of my heels online, when I do find a pair in a store I try them on because I don't want to get all excited about a great pair only to find them not fit right when I get home.

"It's just a flesh wound"