for someone who doesnt get to wear heels often

Ohio9900

what kind of heels would you recommend to purchase for a long night out, for someone who has never really worn heels for an extended period of time while out, i have three pairs of heels but am looking for a new pair.

Wild guess?

For function:

Something with ankle support (ankle boots/bootshoe) if appropriate? [With trousers for example.]

Thicker heel = more stable?

Not too high? 3"-4" if you manage this with no discomfort usually.

Cushioned footbed.

Shoes that don't have any vices. Meaning when you put them on, they don't crush or pinch your foot or toes. Nor are they so loose your foot moves around in them.

For Look:

The highest pair you can afford. :smile:

Oh, and get plenty of practice before the big day? :thumbsup:

Like Freddie says, make sure the shoes fit you correctly. I was on 5.5" heels last night at a club, dancing, for 4 hours, with no pain, as they fit well. Generally speaking, I've found cheaper brands to hurt the feet more. So, again like Freddie says, go higher quality. I see many people on this site love Nine West and Aldo shoes for comfort. Unlike most people I find stiletto heels easier to walk in than thick heels. But, 3-4" for most people should be as high as you should go without lots of practise. Trying them on, getting perfect fit, good quality shoe (with good support), and even the high heel padding that some members have posted here, should help you. What will you be wearing for an outfit? I am sure some of the very stylish folks here can help you on the look... Good luck and welcome!

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Like Freddie says, make sure the shoes fit you correctly. I was on 5.5" heels last night at a club, dancing, for 4 hours, with no pain, as they fit well.

Generally speaking, I've found cheaper brands to hurt the feet more. So, again like Freddie says, go higher quality. I see many people on this site love Nine West and Aldo shoes for comfort.

Unlike most people I find stiletto heels easier to walk in than thick heels. But, 3-4" for most people should be as high as you should go without lots of practise.

Trying them on, getting perfect fit, good quality shoe (with good support), and even the high heel padding that some members have posted here, should help you.

What will you be wearing for an outfit? I am sure some of the very stylish folks here can help you on the look...

Good luck and welcome!

Like Scott, I too am more comfortable wearing higher stiletto heels. What both Scott and Freddie said above applies: fisrt a good fit, then whatever you are comfortable wearing and walking around in. And as I have said before, practice, practice, practice.

what kind of heels would you recommend to purchase for a long night out, for someone who has never really worn heels for an extended period of time while out, i have three pairs of heels but am looking for a new pair.

When I'm out all day in heels, I take a couple pair in case my feet get a little sore or tired and it also gives me a chance to enjoy more than 1 pair on a day and night out.

BTW, where you at in ohio? I'm in the Canton area.

real men wear heels

Something with ankle support (ankle boots/bootshoe) if appropriate? [With trousers for example.]

Thicker heel = more stable?

Not too high? 3"-4" if you manage this with no discomfort usually.

Cushioned footbed.

Shoes that don't have any vices. Meaning when you put them on, they don't crush or pinch your foot or toes. Nor are they so loose your foot moves around in them.

For Look:

The highest pair you can afford. :smile:

Oh, and get plenty of practice before the big day? :thumbsup:

The most important thing is practice. If you don't choose a boot, go for something with an ankle strap to help ensure the shoe stays securely on your foot.

Good luck and enjoy!

I have 3 words for you, comfort, comfort and comfort. You are going out for a night, so the last thing you need is to be crippled as a result of wearing heels that are too high for you. It will end up ruining your night out and you will end up walking home in your bare feet. Personally, I would recommend getting heels less than 3 inches.

I never had to use boots or thick heels to feel comfortable. In the first night out in heels I prefeered a pair of stilleto sandals (no ankle support at all) that was 4 inch high and had a paddled insole that kept the balls of the feet away from burning. Sandals are not my favorite (I love boots) but they were very beautiful, classy, sexy, functional and my feet was fine after several hours standing on them. I prefeered the sandals because they were the most comfortable shoes I had, not because they were sandals! My advice is: try a shoe that you like (I don't feel good in comfortable shoes I don't like), whathever style (pump, sandal, boot, etc) that have a heel that you can walk confidently and that have comfort in the ball area. You will be ok for a lot of time and this gives you practice to try wild shoes next time.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.