Male models in heels

t-strap lover

I don't know if this has been brought up in other post, but what if department stores, shoe stores, shoe mail catalogs, and shoe internet sale web sites would start using photos of casual and well dressed males modeling their heels and boots. I believe thier sales would increase and would make society more acceptical towards men who want to wear heels in public. Nothing against CD'S or TV'S but this would be aimed at men wearing heels dressed as men. The male models would be no different than the female models standing next to them. Most shoe stores that sale US size 12 and above know thier biggest buyers are men. they would be helping those men that go out in public be accepted a lot better. sexyshoes.com, roamanns, and maryland square to name a few could do this. One way on our part to get it started would be to flood as many stores as possible with e-mails suggesting the male models in heels. I know its not an over night thing that would happen but its a start. I'm also not talking about an exstreem fetish look which I beleive would hurt the cause. I'm going to send out e-mails to thier comment sections and hope for at least a positive reply. What do you as heel wearers think?

t-straps are my favorite style.

I am sure it all depends on the "cutting edge-ness" of any manufacturer's marketing department. HOW they go about it, and how long will they "go out on a limb" for business is what they would be thinking and discussing at any meeting, I am sure. Once done, and any kind of heels are modelled in the fashion the way you discribed, then I am sure it would only help men who do heel. Of course, that's not what any marketing gurus would be thinking about... I would love to see it. How long any manufacturer would stick to such change would be determined by sales later...

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I don't know if this has been brought up in other post, but what if department stores, shoe stores, shoe mail catalogs, and shoe internet sale web sites would start using photos of casual and well dressed males modeling their heels and boots. I believe thier sales would increase and would make society more acceptical towards men who want to wear heels in public. Nothing against CD'S or TV'S but this would be aimed at men wearing heels dressed as men. The male models would be no different than the female models standing next to them. Most shoe stores that sale US size 12 and above know thier biggest buyers are men. they would be helping those men that go out in public be accepted a lot better. sexyshoes.com, roamanns, and maryland square to name a few could do this. One way on our part to get it started would be to flood as many stores as possible with e-mails suggesting the male models in heels. I know its not an over night thing that would happen but its a start. I'm also not talking about an exstreem fetish look which I beleive would hurt the cause. I'm going to send out e-mails to thier comment sections and hope for at least a positive reply. What do you as heel wearers think?

I know if a bricks and mortar store or a catalog had advertising with men wearing heels I’d spend money at the establishment or order something from the catalog. I would also talk to the manager or add comments in the catalog order form indicating why I was spending my money with them.

It can work or not. In my opinion today's fashion is directly driven by media, movies, soup operas (specially around here in Brazil), pop bands. Since we saw runway male models in heels before, and since runway fashion in generally not "pret'a porter" but _usually_ a crazy mix of nightmares of the designer, I dunno if that works. What I see in the streets is a real legion of pop fans wearing what they see on TV, movies and show tours.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I think it is a great idea but I don't think the catalogs and websites will be flooded with pictures of men modeling stiletto high heels anytime soon. We are seeing more fashion shows featuring male models in higher heeled shoes and this has to be a plus. Slowly but surely as more of us wear high heels in public and if the trend toward higher heled footwear for men is moving in that direction, that can be nothing but positive.

Maybe they don't want to loose a good part of their female customers, those that think that heels 4 men make women heels less interesting.

I always think that type of shoe (and maybe clothes) has to be choosen depending by the use I'll do with it, not by my sex.

(sorry 4 my english, I hope it's understandable :thumbsup: )