Two Muslim Girls

Magickman

So there I was, ladies and gentlemen, minding my own business at my local K-Mart. Daylight hours; a Wednesday afternoon. Admittedly, I was wearing fringed denim short shorts and 4" wedge sandals. Just shopping for household supplies, though. So there were these two young Muslim girls, in head scarves, so I knew they were Muslims. "Ooooooooh," said the one, "I love your shoes." While so many hhplace members live in fear of being seen in heels, I am frequently wearing my heels in public. What happens? Women are constantly smiling at me, and very frequently stopping me to say how much they like my shoes. This must have happened hundreds of times, by now. Mostly, these admiring gals are young, and they come in all races, shapes, and sizes. It is not, I think, that my shoes are the most wonderful anyone has ever seen. I buy them at local shoe stores, like anybody else, and don't favor extremely pricey brands. I am not particularly handsome, nor wealthy. Ever so slowly, I am getting to a point, here. The thing is, that I get this wonderful positive response again and again, when I am heeling in public. The women smile and talk nice. And the same thing happens, nearly everywhere I go. You tell me. What are the psychological dynamics of these encounters?

agreed dr shoe, i regularly get a heel inspection by 2 girls at work. It's interest at what i can wear eg height and style, rather than a laugh, as they both are dedicated heelwearers, never less than 4" themsleves. They like to know where my heels came from, how much, etc. They admire the fact that i can walk assuredly and confidently in heels and am, like them, happy to wear heels all day, not just for clubbing.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I would find a guy wearing womens shoes to be non threatening bordering on amusing.

Women who have commented on my high heels have always smiled wide and have a cute comment to go along with it. They approached me and talked to me. So needless to say, they didn't feel threatened by me. And I'm sure some of the smiles were to humour me. But I enjoyed the encounter.