For those of you who wear platforms, I salute you!

roniheels

I stopped by my exotic boutique today while out-and-about in my stiletto heels. The woman who owns the store said she hadn't gotten in any new shoes my size. All that she had in my size were a pair of platforms. They had a 7" semi-block high heel, with a 3.5" platform with anklestraps. So for kicks and grins I tried them on. When I had both shoes on my feet, I stood up and just stood there. I haven't worn a pair like that in years. I could barely walk in them. I looked like Frankenstein's monster trying to walk around the store. My female friend storeowner gigled and said, "are you having problems?" Then she started to laugh. Mind you, not bragging, but I can move as gracefully as a fashion model in 4" & 5" stiletto high heels. Needless to say, I didn't purchase the shoes, even though they were on sale. I know many of our friends here at HHP enjoy wearing platforms, the higher the heels and platforms the better. And I know I have preached to rookie high heel wearers to practice, practice, practice. But I think I will leave the platform wearing to the pro's. I do have a pair with 6.5" stiletto heels and a 1.5" platform and I have no problem walking in them. But the true platform shoes, those of you who enjoy them, please, enjoy them.

Guest Loveshiheels

I have a pair of platforms that have 7" heel with a 2" platform and have never had a problem in walking in them and I do find them to be very comfortable. I can wear them all day around the house.

I have a couple of pairs of boots with 1.5" platforms and 5.5" heels, and are very comfy and easy to wear. I do have a pair of platform stiletto's too, with 8" platform and 4" actual heel - much harder to wear, but I'll get there :roll:

I lurve my platforms! I have all sorts, simple YSL Tribute style platforms (1 inch platform, 6 inch heel) to pole dancer style heels (4" platform, 8" heel). I have loads of pole dancer shoes, mostly from Pleaser and Ellie and love them all. Funnily enough I find them quite easy to walk in, and in my highest platforms can even run in them, lol. I find them easy as I say, just there is further to fall!

Well I wear from 6 inches to 8 inches and starting to wear them out a lot frequently. Let me just say thanks to the compliment to the platform wearers. It is about time somebody commended us on our sense of elevated taste instead of tear it down.I know people are aloud to share their a opinion but good grief. Well in my opinion they give me a sense of "I'm bigger than life!!!" Gives me a sense of BAM!!! Look at me now!!! I'll have my share of pictures coming up very soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

My Mary Jane, almond shape toe, court shoes with half inch hidden platforms and 5.25" stiletto heels have caught me in them quite a lot lately. Now, I know they aren't all that high as far as platforms go, but they give the illusion of having really high heels. The actual slope of the foot isn't as severe as the 5" court shoes without platforms. They are comfortable enough to wear for long periods of the day and they give me the proper walking support that I expect from well made, good fitting shoes. If I could just keep the plastic heel tips from wearing out so easily, they would be my choice to wear for any activity a high heel would be appropriate and maybe some that aren't. This endorsement is from a person that prefers his high heeled stiletto pumps without platforms, although I do have a selection of platforms that I have tried to feel comfortable wearing while heeling. Walking in platforms takes more of an effort to move at a natural gait. For me, higher platforms with stiletto heels seem potentially proned to injure my ankles and cause me to fall, because of the excessive side to side movement properties associated with the height. So, not wanting to weaken my ankles, I have chose not to go heeling in them, but around the house they are great for helping me to reach the items on the top shelf in the kitchen cabinets or even changing ceiling lights. I suppose if my spouse was taller there would be more of an incentive to wear them for heeling, but since that is unlikely to happen and knowing my preference, you can be assured my higher platform wearing will be restricted to home use most of the time.

I Join in the salute! To all you who love plats, keep up the good work...love to look at them, but could never wear them myself...

Style is built from the ground up!

well HappyFeat, just check my AVITAR, the BLACK ones-THOSE are my ONLY & (@ present) my FAVORITE pair of PLATFORM boots!! (hence my screen name, plus a black pair of DEMONIA platform SANDALS, which I had bought before the boots by the way) so you could say that I do LOVE:love: platform footwear!

Well I wear from 6 inches to 8 inches and starting to wear them out a lot frequently. Let me just say thanks to the compliment to the platform wearers. It is about time somebody commended us on our sense of elevated taste instead of tear it down.I know people are aloud to share their a opinion but good grief. Well in my opinion they give me a sense of "I'm bigger than life!!!" Gives me a sense of BAM!!! Look at me now!!! I'll have my share of pictures coming up very soon.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/platform_boot_masta/my%20fav%20pics/IM000704copy.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/platform_boot_masta/my%20fav%20pics/redbootspicture.jpg

Thank you for sharing the photos. Wow! I don't know if I could wear those shoes, but they look really cool and sexy. After seeing these photos, I might have to give the platforms a try once again. I still prefer stilettos, the higher the better, but those shoes really look great. Thanks again.

Yeah go for it man!!!! They don't necessarily have to be the height I'm wearing I just know in my sense if I wear platforms like that I'm going to do it big or at least have a pair in my collection. Just be careful how ya walk and you will do great. Also thank you for the kind compliments about my pictures. See ya HHL23

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!