Payless Expedition 2008: Billings to Denver

ShockQueen

I went on a little vacation by myself to Denver to check out some things, catch up with friends, and check the Payless stores to see if they carried any 13's. For the first half-dozen stores, I was sorely disappointed - either they carried little to NO shoes above a 12, or the one or two 13's they had were flat sandal types!!! I thought I was lost until I went to the location at: QUEBEC SQUARE (#3089) 7607 E 36TH AVE 801 DENVER, CO 80238-2474 Phone: (303) 333-2944 THIS location not only carried more 13's, but had a SECTION marked for them!!!! I was elated!! I scoped out the selections, and chose the first two types attached here. The sales ladies were very helpful, and had no problems with me trying shoes on in the store. I walked up and down the aisles, and modeled in front of the full-length mirror. Fantastic! I then went back today (I head back to Montana tomorrow) to check and see if they had anything new in. They actually had the last black pair attached in a 13 WIDE! This doesn't show available on the website, so I got really lucky there. They complimented me on how well I walked in the heels, and thought they were really cute. So I bought a total of 3 pairs of new heels to take back with me, and some really awesome memories of yet another memorable store. I did go to the Lane Bryant outlet store and got some flared jeans, so they'll go awesomely with my new acquisition, as well as a nifty barrette hair clip to keep my hair in place when the need is there. All in all - a very fun trip, but the Payless stop was an added bonus for me!!

post-29-133522857349_thumb.jpg

post-29-133522857354_thumb.jpg

post-29-133522857356_thumb.jpg

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Payless is interesting. In NY state north of NYC, there are many Payless, but most of them have hardly any size 12 or even larger. But if you go all the way to Newburgh, there are two stores close to each other and they have a large selection. I wonder why there are these differences ...

Congratulations on you new high heels. I love the state of Colorado. I worked in Denver and Colorado Springs many years ago. I especially love Vail in both the summer and winter. Sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for sharing your story and pictures with us.:roll:

It was definitely a nice time, and I would love to go there more often if it wasn't so far away from where I live. I don't get why it was the ONLY store in the whole of the metro area that had a section for 13's, and I admit it seemed a little unfair to HAVE only one location do this. Also, the last pair (the black ones) were in 13 wide, which is not available on the website even. I thought the site was supposed to be where you could find ALL sizes available - what's up with that, eh? I plan on asking the site people about that little oops there. Just turned out to be a bonus for me, but I'm sure others who shop for that size would not be amused to find that the site is not "all-inclusive". At least now I know which location to shop at on the next trip!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Nice to read you had a successful outing, SQ! I'm still waiting on my chance to trek out to the one store here that carries my size, which is only 5 miles away but requires crossing the Mississippi (I'm currently carless and the bus system isn't great).

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde