Shoe shopping trip

radiodave

I went over to the Steve Madden store, because I had my eyes on this style.

http://www.stevemadden.com/item.aspx?id=40395

Not very discreet, and probably not my first choice to try wearing in public, but I like the style. There were two ladies working there (nice legs and heels :o ), and a few customers there. Found them in black, and the one helping me out didn't blink an eye. Only had them in 8.5 (I usually take a 9), but she helpfully said they tend to run large. So, I casually asked if I could try the 8.5. No reaction at all, and the other customers there didn't seem the slightest bit perturbed. They fit fine, even with my thick socks. The sales lady pointed out that these were on the buy 1 get 1 half off rack, and asked if I was interested in anything else. Not today but thanks anyway, I said.

When I got home, I couldn't find my cell phone. I had it tucked inside my pocket, where it sometimes falls out. I had this awful thought that it fell out in the store when I was trying the shoes on, and when I took a quick scan of my car I didn't spot it on the floor. So, I called up the store, explained that I was there earlier and wondered if anybody had found a cell phone. She said no, but apparently recognized me and said enjoy the shoes.:roll: I took another look around my car, and found my phone had gotten caught in the seat belt. Phew! The store was about a 45 minute drive away, and I wasn't looking forward to a round trip.

:-?

Nervous apprehension about buying high heels in a store, seems quite common. Radiodave apparently had a good experience, without negative consequence. I have found that sales associates in shoe stores like to sell shoes. they don't care if men buy heels. Fears of buying heels are greatly exaggerated. Really, there is nothing to be afraid of. That said, there can still be surprises. Once, at my local Nine West store, I was trying on a pair of pull-on boots, with five inch heels. I got them on okay, but could not get them off. They were stuck on my feet. I had to ask for the assistance of the female sales associate. She pulled and pulled, and tugged and tugged, but the boots would not come off. Then I suggested we call the fire department. So she pulled harder and harder, and tugged and tugged with renewed energy. Finally the boots came off. Boy, was that fun!

Radiodave... I am so happy for your positive shoe shopping experience. It is always great when the clerk endorses the high heels that you try on, buy, and even wear out of the store, if you prefer. It is good to here these shoe shopping stoies with the happy endings. Good for you!:roll:

Radiodave...

I am so happy for your positive shoe shopping experience. It is always great when the clerk endorses the high heels that you try on, buy, and even wear out of the store, if you prefer.

It is good to here these shoe shopping stoies with the happy endings.

Good for you!:roll:

I was almost thinking of wearing them out of the store, but I got cold feet (pun intended :o ). Probably better that way, I went to put them on when I got to my car, and my dark socks had left black fuzzies all over my feet. Might have made an unusual look look much worse, and I think wearing my black work socks with them would have looked awful. Maybe someday I'll wear new shoes out of the store, but I think I'll wear something that's easier to change out of first.

I was almost thinking of wearing them out of the store, but I got cold feet (pun intended :roll: ). Probably better that way, I went to put them on when I got to my car, and my dark socks had left black fuzzies all over my feet. Might have made an unusual look look much worse, and I think wearing my black work socks with them would have looked awful. Maybe someday I'll wear new shoes out of the store, but I think I'll wear something that's easier to change out of first.

You've brought up a very good point to everyone. When shoe shopping or wearing high heels in public, make sure you have appropriate hosery, whether they be hose or socks. One time I was in Payless and wanted to try on a pair of high heels, but I had on thick athletic socks. I went back another day with the appropriate socks.