Thursday Morning Coffee

Dan J

Every Thursday morning, I sit down with several ladies, including my spouce, at our local coffee shop, and a wide assortment of topics come up. This morning, a question was raised that, quite frankly, I was surprised that no definitive answer was reached, so I thought I'd bring it to the forum. The answer to this should be obvious, but apparently, it isn't: Where do you measure the heel height on a high-heel shoe or boot? I had always thought the measurement was taken on the back of the shoe, and several women agreed. However, some believe that the measurement is taken on the forward end which, on a sloped heel, would be slightly less. It's a silly question, I know, but I had several women removing their shoes and intently studying their heels this morning, during coffee. I thoroughly enjoyed it. (I was wearing flats, so I couldn't participate.) Responses are most welcome. I promised I would have a "definitive" answer by next Thursday morning. Dan

Lucky man, my schoolmates don't wear heels!

The heel height, has you wrote, is measured on the back of the shoe.

But imho the measure taken from the forward end of the heel would be more "realistic", just see these.

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

The heel height, has you wrote, is measured on the back of the shoe. [...]

In my opinion the raise (how much taller you get by wearing these heels) is a better measure.

But as long as everybody else keeps measuring at the back of the shoe, it's probably best to stick to that convention.

It's from the back. Take a pair of high heels that you know what the height is advertised and measure from the back. See if it doesn't jive.

Thanks, Guys, for the comments. And Ron, I agree and will check.

It was certainly a lot of fun this morning at coffee, watching the women removing their shoes and scrutinizing their heels. At one point, they were lining up the shoes to compare heights. Can a man ask for more?

And Marcus, you're right, I am fortunate. I'll have to come up with something else for next Thursday.

Dan

Thanks, Guys, for the comments. And Ron, I agree and will check.

It was certainly a lot of fun this morning at coffee, watching the women removing their shoes and scrutinizing their heels. At one point, they were lining up the shoes to compare heights. Can a man ask for more?

And Marcus, you're right, I am fortunate. I'll have to come up with something else for next Thursday.

Dan

Be sure and wear your heels to compare with there's.

real men wear heels

Yes, and also the remark was made that with a wedge heel there is no front

of the heel.

Actually this is great!

I can buy a pair of wedges and say that they have no heels!:roll:

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.