comfortable for back sandals

snapmit

I have some problems with my back. Last summer walked around a lot with sandals that just really caused me a lot of back pain (bad enough that you would think I was a 80 year old man getting in and out of my car). I thought they had enough cushion ( had almost a sneaker like sole) but apparently not as just putting on regular sneakers helped a lot. What would be a good brand and model of sandal that would give LOTS of cushioning for walking. Would hate to be forced to do all my walking this summer with sneakers on rather then the freedom of strap sandals.

What kind of sandals are you looking for? Women's styles or styles for men? high heels or wedge heels. I usually wear sandals with open toes (straps) open backs (slides) and 2" or 3" wedge heels. I know how debilitating back pain can be. If you really have back problems, perhaps it would be best, at least in my opinion, to stick to the style of footware that is the most comfortable and causes you the least amount of pain.

Snapmit -

I understand not being able to move because of back pain. I have never noticed heel height being a contributing factor, but I have noticed a tight waist band or belt, both on jeans or a skirt, puts pressure on my lower back and, after a while, can cause considerable pain. I’ve also had my back go out just reaching for a telephone.

Could the sandals be allowing you foot to move differently when you are walking that the sneakers do? If so, you might be able to control that a little.

In my humble opinion – If you are sure it’s the sandals that’s causing the problem, get rid of them. Life is too short to go around with back pain.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I wear open toe but with a ankle strap . Prefer a unisex to female type of sandal Deffently dont like the usual male style. Would love to wear heels all the time in sandles but I am not brave enough for that so for now just flats in public or perhaps a slight wedge to them which should allow for more cushion. The biggest difference between my sneakers and the sandals seems to be in the cushioning. The sneakers are alot softer and the cushion is alot thicker. So need sandals with alot of cushion which seems to be kinda hard to find it seams . My back pain is from walking on concret all day long 7 days a week. So it is impact related pain.

I have had back problems in the past (not caused by wearing high heels) and I went through physical therepy and ultra sound. The best thing that worked for me and relieved it every time was a series of stretching exercises. Nothing extreme, and I took it slowly and deliberately. You probably should consult your doctor. But the stretching has helped me every time aleiviate any pain and discomfort. Good luck!:roll: