Help please with new western boots

Help please

I have just bought my first pair of quality western boots, they have a pointed toe and a 8cm heel (3.25 inches). But there are two problems. First they are a little tight across the little toe, in length they are fine. But the main problem is getting them off. In fact I am finding it very difficult to pull them off.

The question is should I exchange them for the next size up or should I just stay with them because in the end they will stretch to fit my feet.

Anyone had similar experences?

Look around for boot and shoe strechers on the web.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Assuming they're leather, you can stretch the toe area. Cowboy boots can be very hard to remove, so as already suggested, get a boot jack. If there's wrinkling over the instep, that's a sign they're too tight and you should go up a half or full size.

I think that I will keep them. With very thin socks they are already wearable and the bootjack is solving the problem of taking them off. Though it is not practical to carry the bootjack around everywhere. Thanks again for the replies. Great to hear from you guys in the USA, I thought you a would have some experience with cowboy boots.

I think that I will keep them. With very thin socks they are already wearable and the bootjack is solving the problem of taking them off. Though it is not practical to carry the bootjack around everywhere. Thanks again for the replies. Great to hear from you guys in the USA, I thought you a would have some experience with cowboy boots.

Yip! Shur do!

real men wear heels

Thinner socks might help for the short haul, but if yer having some tightness in the toes then you really need to stretch that out a bit before you hurt your feet. Over time, the leather will tend to stretch and conform to your feet, but you don't want to hurt yourself first. Don't forget to polish the leather regularly, as the oils in the polish will tend to soak-in and help to loosen-up the leather as well. Enjoy the western look. ;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Cowboy boots should be a snug fit in the toebox, but loose at the heel. This is because they have a heavy steel shank under the instep and so the boot does not tend to flex as a normal shoe would at this point. Necesary for long days in the saddle and its where the western stirrup sits, unlike the english stirrup position under the ball of the foot. Hence the need for a heel in the first place. So the boots sound to be about the right sort of fit, especially if they are loose at the heel, but the right length. When I went ranching for a week last year, this is the fitting advice I got from the local western shop. Ride 'em pardner.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Thanks again everyone for your help. I tried a a product call Collonil STRETCH. You spray it on the area requiring stretching, put the shoes/boots on for 5 minuits and that solves your problem hopefully. Certainly work on my boots.

Many years ago when I was working in Dallas and bought my first pair of real cowboy boots a co-worker told me the secret of removing them. Tuck the top of the left boot behind the right knee, hold the base of the heel with the right hand and just slide out your foot. Obviously the other way round for the other boot. It worked like a dream. I will always remember Arch sadly now no longer with us. Ian

Many years ago when I was working in Dallas and bought my first pair of real cowboy boots a co-worker told me the secret of removing them.

Tuck the top of the left boot behind the right knee, hold the base of the heel with the right hand and just slide out your foot. Obviously the other way round for the other boot.

It worked like a dream. I will always remember Arch sadly now no longer with us.

Ian

I will give it a go, but not quite as flexible as I used to be. Sounds a bit tricky, poor old man.