Moving Upward

jojo

As you may know from previous postings, I am quite new to heeling and purchased a pair of 3” ankle boots which I found quite easy to walk in.

However, I felt I needed to buy another pair of ankle boots and settled on Pleaser Seduce 1020’s with 5” stiletto heels thinking this would be a natural progression to slightly higher heels. As with my initial pair, I love these boots but……

HOW DO YOU WALK IN 5” STILETTOES?

I have found this higher height very difficult to walk in. Am I trying to walk before I can run (no pun intended)? Should I have tried 4” heels first? I did not think for one minute that 5” high heels would be that much more difficult than 3”.

Have you guys any tips for how I can walk in these other than very short, slow steps?

My fullest respect goes to everyone who can walk in 5” and higher heels (my eyes are now fully open).

post-10934-133522854047_thumb.jpg

post-10934-13352285405_thumb.jpg

Practise, practise, and practise. That is the only way to learn to do anything including walking in 5" heels.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Thanks for posting this topic:-).

Like to walk in those ankle boots too... Do you know where to get those boots?

Thanks

The black & white boots were from ebay - search in ebayShops (UK) for HeelzSoHigh. The black leather boots (much better quality) were from www.sexyandnaughty.co.uk

As you have discovered the difference between a 3” heel and a 5” heed does not fit the definition of ““slightly higher heels”. But since you already have them, practice, practice, and practice. The shoes should not be uncomfortable and you should be able to stand in them without bending your knees. If that is not the case a 5” heel may be too high for you. Also, you may have to shorten your stride. I comfortable wear a 5” heel but find a 5½” pushes my limit. I tried a 6” and couldn’t manage it. There are limits to how far an ankle will bend and it’s different for each of us.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

It is quite unexpected. I found 4 1/2" significantly higher and more difficult than 4", which I find easy to walk in. I guess it depends on the shape of your feet and ankles. There's a lot of pleasure in practicing!

1/4 inch can make all the difference in the world. I have had heels that I could not walk in and removed 1/4 inch and they became walkable. Going up 2 inches at a time can be a difficult task but you must just keep trying and you will get used to it. I used to think that I would never master 6 inches but am now up to 6 1/2 inches without platforms and have been wearing ballet heels for years. Ballets took me over a year to get used to.

Most of my high heels are five inch heels. Here is my advice for walking in five inch heels. Don't rush! Take smaller steps than you normally take. Let the shoe do the work. And as everyone else has said...practice. Now have fun!;)

Yesterday evening I went out for a little walk with 5" boots, and I find them a lot more difficoult than 4" pumps The only trick I have found, is to move your weight forward. It's my only way tho achieve a "natural" walk

• 3 weeks later...

My thanks to all who responded.

Following comments in other threads I measured the heel height and find my 3" pair are actually 3 3/4" whilst the 5" pair are 4 3/4" so in fact there is only 1" difference. But what a difference this makes.

Thighboot guy says:

As you have discovered the difference between a 3” heel and a 5” heel does not fit the definition of ““slightly higher heels”.

Yes, my naivety shines through - and even though there is only a 1" difference, it may well as be a mile! I find the 'lower' pair very easy to walk in, but really struggle with the higher ones. As you have all said - I'll just 'practice, practice, practice'.

Thanks guys.