Slippery Floors!

sabotalot

• 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

One of the first times I was out in heels, I hit a slippery spot. Though I didn't fall, my right leg shot up in the air, exposing the entire restaurant to my 3 inch pump. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking because I made eye contact with a young women and was doing a bit of flirting. Needless to say, she saw the shoes and since I was new to heeling I was mortified and simply went back to my table and finished eating. Several people casually walked by to check out the shoes after that. In a way, it was quite a liberating experience. I am just glad I caught my balance.

Style is built from the ground up!

I was at a mall tonight with the oddest combination of floors in the main walkway that I think that I have seen anywhere. First, regular tile, then carpet, then wood embedded in the tile and back to the beginning again. That polished wood floor was very slick and it took me a while to get used to it.

But by the time I was done I had it down pat in my 4" stiletto knee boots!!!

It's all about the heel!

True! Very true! Tile floors, especially polished tile floors can be a real bitch, especially in shopping malls. I've had a heel slide out from under me more than once while out and about, but, thankfully, I've never fallen. (pauses to rap on the side of my head) Knock on wood. The best advice I can give when it comes to walking on slippery floors is to take small steps, walk both slowly and carefully, and, most of all, pay attention to where you're walking. That way, you'll avoid becoming the star attraction in an embarrassing situation when you suddenly find yourself flat on your ass and wondering how you got there.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Those polished floors can be deadly when wet in any shoes. In fact, any wet surface can be like ice in some shoes. My latest adventure was in Lands End beach or water shoes -- coming down a wet, muddy stairway in the jungle, I suddenly was sitting down in mid air, then thump, thump, thump down the stairs on my rear end. Scared the college girl friend - she said she was sure I was injured. Just asked someone to help me up as I didn't want to slip again or put my hands on the muddy deck. It was so sudden!