Shoe Size Query

jojo

As I am new to wearing heels I was wondering are Women's shoe sizes the same as Men's? The only pair I have were purchased from ebay as a Size 9 (my size) but what actually arrived were Size 11 but they do fit well. Is this because there is a difference in Men's & Women's sizing, or is it because the supplier knows they were incorrectly sized by the manufacturer? Any help will be much appreciated since I will soon be buying from a shop and don't want to ask for an incorrect size. Thanks in anticipation.

An important thing to consider is width. Few women's styles come in wide widths, so that's one reason to buy shoes two sizes larger than your male size in order to compensate for the lack of width.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

I try on the feminine high heels I buy in the store. And for me, it is two sizes larger than any of my men's shoes that fit best. Althogh the other day I boot a pair of thigh boots and I went three sizes up (I did try them on) and they fit perfectly. If you are able to try them on, do it.;)

I find that the sizes are not consistent at all. I wear a US 10.5 consistently; the only difference may be in the sock size (thinner dress or average). However, in women's, I vary from an 11 to 12. Steve Madden 11s I cannot wear; they are much to tight even with pantyhose/stockings for more than say 10 minutes. His 12 fits like an 11.

But Colin Stuart/Victoria's Secret, Style & Co., Nine West are correct with an eleven.

Fetish stuff (Pleaser, etc.) usually fits better in a 12 (but not always either).

So much for size! But I can never wear larger than a 12 as they are too large.

It's all about the heel!