The clearing reversal

ShockQueen

So I'm finally at a point where I want to concentrate more on styles that I'll wear, rather than just collect "just to have them", so I gave up my eight-inch platform sandals (see this page, but third from bottom for pic) in favor of this, this, and this!

Somehow getting rid of one and taking in three doesn't seem to be clearing out much, but I may wear these out much more than the first, so I guess it's a step in the right direction (all puns intended of course).

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

There is some sense in collecting shoes that you will actually wear ;) I have been operating in that mode (with varying degrees of success -- there are so many extremely beautiful shoes out there) too.

Have a happy time!

I have to say thanks, Shockqueen because you are truly a breath of fresh air in this muddled-up world. If more people thought like you and many others in this forum maybe things could be a bit different. Your website is cool too. The image section is great. I've envisioned a science fiction film with those kind of images along with some Boris Vallejo type artwork. Looks like you could be the one to pull it off!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Interesting. I too have put up a lot of my extreme heels and very high plats on ebay since I went public and have focused more on heels I can wear out in public. My collection has grown quite a bit. LOL.

I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I think it gives me more of a chance to co-ordinate my heels with the rest of my clothes and come up with stuff that's more stylish....which I'm sure is the preferred end result.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 1 month later...

I have to say thanks, Shockqueen because you are truly a breath of fresh air in this muddled-up world. If more people thought like you and many others in this forum maybe things could be a bit different.

That says it all. Love your shoes, your website, and you're overall attitude.

Thank you for your contributions! Please keep them coming.;)

i have to say... apart from my first pair of heels (which was a 6 inch platform stripper stilettos).... all my heels since then have been "normal" styles where you would see women wearing in their everyday life.... can't explain a reason for it, probably that more store would stock standard styles than the extreme styles and I'm too lazy to go to specific stores (and pay over the top prices) to get the extreme styles.... and i've never brought shoes off the net.... i do remember in my early stages, I did wish for more extreme shoes but now looking at my collection 30 -40 pairs of heels... i'm happy that i only have 1 pair of stripper heels .... (that's not to say i'm not going to add to this now ;) )