A bad night out..............

Sway

Freaking winding stair case covered with smooth pebble stone like around a swimming pool very narrow steps that I had to walk sideways plus it was raining and next to the last step BOOM! I missed because part of the step was missing (One screwed up boot) I was going out to meet some friends that I have not seen in a long time a husband and wife that do Karaoke. I had talked to her on the phone earlier to day and said if she would come out I would wear my new high heel boots and she was all for it.

Look at this

http://pub10.bravenet.com/photocenter/view.php?img=25061&usernum=800288925

Well after the all most fall and screwing up my boots we did the hugs and small talk and had several drinks. I then asked her if she like my boots because she never said a word about them. She was very smug and the conversation was not the best not that Im looking for female approval but that helps. Her husband really like them and said she should get a pair ?

Well all is good I bought them a drink and said my goodbyes but when I walked off I I did my best toe to toe high heel wiggle, I caught her looking at me through the mirrors behind the bar as I left..... :lol:

Later,

Sway

I had a bad night recently. I like to wear court shoes (pumps) rather than boots. Anyway I was walking across the park and I think my heel must have sunk into the mud because without any warning I just walked clean out of my shoe. I felt a complete fool!

Hi Dr Shoe, I just got back from dropping off the boots for repair, polish and new heel tips. The guy told me he could fix it but it would still leave a little scar guess I’m luck it was on the inside and not the out side of the heel. As far as high class repair shop I don’t know, not many in my area. He said I could pick them up this evening I will post a pic soon. Sway

Well the repair job is in not too bad for $13.00 dollars plus new tips and a shine job. I think it will be ok the jeans I wear with these boots cover all but about 3/4 of an inch of the heel when standing and like I said its on the inside.

http://pub10.bravenet.com/photocenter/view.php?img=25101&usernum=800288925

http://pub10.bravenet.com/photocenter/view.php?img=25099&usernum=800288925

When I dropped the boots off another man came in behind me to pick up some shoes that had been repaired my boots were still on the counter he commented to the owner I guess thats a big boot and he just said yes

When I returned to pick them up an employee was polishing them in a room around the corner the owner leaned around the to get them and he asked the employee a guy do you want to try them on he chuckled a little and said no.

While paying for them he asked me did she slip on something, I said yes I did, you could see the color drain from his face as he was giving me my change that alone was with 20 bucks. I just smiled and said thank you. :lol:

Later Guys

Sway

To tell you the truth no body is going to see that repair easily. I would not fret over it to much.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Quite a good job, very good job for $13 that's about 2 hours work there. If it was my own boots (and assuming I had the equipment) I would have done a better job but we're talking several more hours work. What they would have done is put the boot under a heater to loosen the glue, carefully prise away the little flaps of leather then carefully put some glue in the holes and under the flaps but let them dry before sticking them back together. Then taking a kind of miniature iron with a rounded face they would smooth the flaps down in the holes, the heat from the iron would both smooth them down and re-activate the glue. The job is then finished by rubbing a chocolate brown repair crayon over the gaps, holding the area under the heat lamp for a few seconds and finish off with the buffer. What you could do next is to get some brown shoe polish spread a bit on with a knife. Then hold it over a 100w light bulb until the polish starts to go shiny and polish with a soft lint-free cloth. You may have to repeat the process a couple of times.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.