Question on styles and help?

latindancer

I have a question that needs helping. I was wondering if anyone can help me trying to look better with my heels. I'm into tradition stilletto heels when I go out, basically anything greater than 3" but not 4.5", just stylish. I am asking about pants. I usually wear jeans that are man style straight leg or boot cut, but as must of you know they make you look like a man with heels on. I want something more stylish. So my question is this? Do women jeans/pants/slack make the look more stylish? I've been hearing that a woman slacks are fitted so that it accetuates the butt and then it's strainght leg but not as wide in the thigh region. What is anyones take on this, I am open to any suggestions and if you can demonstrate pictures it will be helpful.

Women look different in jeans because they are built differently. they tend to have wider pelvises giving them defined hips and they tend to have more rounded butts too. I find that padding helps. The question is though, are you trying to pass as a woman or are you happy being a man? If you aren't trying to pass as a woman why is looking like "a man in heels" such a problem?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Well, I'm trying to pass out as a man but with style. I'm trying to coordinate my heels with better jeans and outfits. I basically want to look great with heels on. I want to be noticed and someone say that it's a good look. Right now a lot of my jeans just don't look good in heels, that's basically it. It's all about the style and wanted to look good.... :smile:

latindancer commented:

Well, I'm trying to pass out as a man but with style.

Check out some of the pic our members have posted. There's pleanty of advice on what to wear with your heels. Especially from kneehighs, HeelD and newfie and, of course, JimC just to mention a few.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Most of my jeans are women's. I switched over for a few reasons:

My legs are short and men's jeans with a 29 inch inseam are rare in stores, so I buy women's petite sizes.

I like a close fit. Men's jeans are mostly marked relaxed or loose.

I like straight or even tapered legs. Although boot cut dominates both sexes this year, straight and tapered are more common on the other side of the store.

Materials. Men's stretch jeans are still loose or relaxed, no stretching actually occurs, the material just feels softer. Women's actually stretch in places.

It's more fun.

Finding your size:

Don't be shy about trying on women's jeans in the store. If you're at all concerned, just put a pair of men's jeans on top of the pile you carry into the fitting room. I did that the first couple times, graduated to don't care, and have reached putting a skirt on top of the pile to see if anyone notices.

Women's clothing sizes are more based on hip measurement than waist, so you'll find a lot of variation between styles and brands. The following discussion is about US sizes. Perhaps someone can contribute their experiences with other systems.

Waist: To find a good size to start with subtract 20 from your from your men's waist size, i.e. 34 waist wears women's 14.

Length: 29-30 inch, buy petite. 31-32 regular. 33-34 tall.

Low, mid/natural, high waist. Women's jeans fit higher on men's waists, so if you want a low to normal waist, try women's low waisted jeans. Women's mid or natural tend to fit above your waist, and on me high waist women's practically reach my shoulders :smile:

Junior sizes: These are the odd sizes 11, 13, etc. Usually go up 1. That is men's 36 waist is women's 16 and junior 17. The waist on juniors usually fits higher.

Plus sizes: Women's plus sizes start around 14 and are bigger than regular women's sizes. A man's 38 is women's 18, but probably 14 or 16 in plus. These are usually generous in the hips so you'll probably find them too baggy.

Clothing in places like Wal-Mart tends to suffer from quite a bit of size inflation. I almost always have to go down a size in both men's and women's clothing from more expensive brands. Being able to fit into a 34 inch waist when you thought you wore 36 makes you like that brand of jeans better.

I usually wear women's 14 or 16, but in the Wal-Mart house brand jeans I buy 12.

Hey onyourtoes!! Thanks, that is the best information in which I had. I am going to try that. It's fun how I feel funny about trying on woman's pants in the dressing room, when I'm wearing stilletto boots when I go in. I think I need to get over the embarrassment and just do it. I thank you again for the information it was greatly helpful....... :smile: latindancer

Oh yes, it is fun to wear women's jeans of course! If you want fun do it... All I was saying is that it is possible to look stylish without resorting to female clothes...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.