Thank you and new out!!

latindancer

I just want to thank everyone on this site. I have always worn heels at home and so frustrated that I couldn't wear them out. It wasn't till this site that I had the courage to go out in them. I currently live outside the Chicago, USA area and it was very hard to even think about going out in heels. Well, I got the courage and started doing it. First, it was to the car, then to the mailbox. After that it was going out at night, driving around. But just like everyone in this site, I went for it. I first went out wearing clunky 3.5in boots. I was so scared because of the sound they make, but I got the courage and went into Blockbusters. I know that the guys there noticed the heels but like everyone says, no one said anything. I even had a conversation with one of the guys about movies(all the time him looking down at my heels). Oh, the heels where square too, so it was hard to tell the difference, and well hidden from the jeans. After that day, I decided to go with them in the afternoon to Kolh's. I walked around. Went around women that were wearing heels, because as a lot of people know they will also look down to see what shoes they someone is wearing. Well, nothing happened, no comments, no looks, it was great!!!!!:smile: I just came from going out in 3 inch stilletoe boots, patent black. I just didn't care. Went to a coffee shop, and I heard comments, like wow!! and whispers of he's wearing heals but nothing. I sat down, had coffee and enjoyed a bagel. Again, nothing. I went back this time to the Blockbuster and this time I know that the guys saw my heels. I heard them laugh, but I didn't care. When i went to pay for my new movie, it was professional as always. He was a little flustered though, cause he couldn't think of what to say, at the same time him taking peeks at my boots.:wave: There was also another guy who just keep looking at my boots and didn't say a word. Awesome!!! I'm still scared about going to malls, and bookstores cause of the amount of people but I think I will eventually do it. It was the best time. So, again thank you for the motivation, the help and giving me the cojones to do this. Now, I can wear my heels and enjoy myself.

Thats great that so many of you are getting the courage to get out in your heels. Actually, the best places to go are the malls and crowded shopping centers etc. I have shopped in many malls wearing my heels in plain view and hardly ever a comment. Just a look or two. Just be your self and forget whats on your feet and go about business as usual. It's really no big deal.Some guy's wear earings, I wear heels. So what. BTW, latindancer, where outside the windy are you? My wife and I are going to be in St. Charles over Christmas and will be doing a little shopping.

real men wear heels

well johnieheel, thats just how I look @ it myself, some guys wear earings, I wear heels, the very same thought too! (in other words if guys can & do wear earings then I can surly wear heels!) its never a "big" deal!

Well done, latindancer. In this day of piercings everyplace, multi-colored hair, and tatoos galore, a guy in heels only attracts brief mild curiosity as yet another different look, if anyone even notices. When I get to the Oak Lawn/Burbank area on business, I'm out in heels shopping and dining. Ever been to Louie's or Chi-Tung?

"It's just a flesh wound"

Well, I just want to say that today I went out heeling for at least a couple of hours. I was wearing brown boots that have a square toe and heels at least 2.5". From the side the heels look like stilettoes but from the back they look like square. Well, first I went to taco bell to get some food. I just walked right in, ordered and sat down. I know some of them noticed but they didn't say anything. After that believe it but I went inside JCPenny and just walked around. At first, I tried to stay away from the aisle due to the noise the heels were making, but nothing. I even went up an escalator and nothing. I noticed a couple of guys looking when they heard the sound but nothing. After a while I started to see if anyone will say anything, so I decided to walk the aisle. My heels were clicking loud, but nothing. One women did see and just smile and giggled softly. I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to say anything, so I started clicking louder and still nothing. Wow!!!! :smile: I took it to the next level, I left JCPenny and went to another store. I went to TJMax. As everyone know there is no carpets there. I just walked around making my clicking sound. Some peeked but nothing. I even walked next to a women that had a nice heel boot, and clicked along with her. I was getting upset a little that I decided to lift my pants up a little to make the heel more noticeable. Stayed there for a while and still nothing. Some guys looked and just kept going without a look or a thought. Not even a second take. Trust me when I say that the heels make my feet look small, and very noticable a woman's shoe. After that, Starbucks. The girls inside noticed my boots and did the double take. I had to wait for my coffee, but she was still nice about the whole situation. I sat down, and everyone knows that you can see the whole shoe and heel but nothing. Again, wow!!! Talk about not caring. I was going to ask her if she noticed and see what her response were but decided not too. I think next time I am going out in my stilettoe boots that are real noticeable plus a pointed toe, just to see peoples reaction. Trust me people just do it and don't worry about it!!! I'm starting to have fun and thinking about the possiblities of being able to wear what I want. It's going to be a great and exciting life from now on. Cheers!!!!!!:wave:

how cool you really have gathered the courage first and now the peace oif mind, wow, i want to do it more often, what i feel a little fear about, is that i live in a rather small town, and beyond caring about what other people think, i know a rather good amount of people because of my job, and nobody knows about it, but my two best firends and my wife, so if they see me without being told to them by myself before, it seems to me they could feel decieved, because they know me one way, but they do not know my coveting for heels, i'm not sure if i'm making myself clear, if you meet me wearing heels then at that moment you can make up your mind if you can put up with it or not, but if you already know me from work or some other kind of relationship, you may react differently, and the point is that some of them are very important customers to my business, so that keeps troubling my mind.

Pretty much the same experience I always have. I found out like you latindancer that no body really cares. You might get a couple double takes for the most part, but nobody really cares what you wear on your feet.

real men wear heels

high_55 wrote:

the point is that some of them are very important customers to my business, so that keeps troubling my mind.

So, just keep the heels to yourself. Enjoy your hobby in private, saving the shoes to wear at home. Your livelihood and means to support your family are far more important.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

i live in a rather small town, and beyond caring about what other people think, i know a rather good amount of people because of my job.

Hey Amigo,

If I were you I would make a trip to Ciudad de Mexico. I have been there and I am sure that, as in every big city, everybody is in a hurry, with no interest in looking at other people's shoes.

Saludos from Rio de Janeiro,

Celso.

First of all, thanks guys for the advice and for caring, both Bubba136 and Celso999, the only thing though i do it as you advice, is that i am normally true to myself, and i really have become more fond of heels than any other type of shoe, and sometimes i would love to wear them everyday, everywhere, partly because it makes me feel bad that even though i accept myself as i am, the fact of not encouraging my acceptance by doing it in private, sometimes turns back on me with a feeling that i'm wrong. i'm sure you understand what i mean.

believe every man here that wears heels has had, at one time or another, felt guilty about participating in an activity that is seen by almost every person in today's society as deviant and are ashamed of ourselves for doing it. Guilty feelings disappear shortly after one completely accepts his predilection for high heels and realizes that there isn’t anything wrong with a man wearing them. Regardless whether or not our entire society accepts them or not.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm with you on your response. I just went out today with stilletto heels on. One of my favorite boots. I decided to do this to see what peoples response will be of the shoes, if any. These boots are shiny black so they really were noticable. I was wearing long straight leg jean, and most of the heel was covered. Well, I heard about everyone saying that the bookstores where easy to do. I went to Barnes and Noble and well nothing. I saw people noticing but nothing. I then went out to Payless which was next door and looked at other boots. The cool things was a mother and a young daugther was trying on stiletto boots and they saw mind. I just smile at them and nothing was said. I wanted to give them my opinion on the boots they were trying on cause the girl just didn't know which ones she wanted. After that, I decided to become braver. I went to a DSW. That place was full with people. I said screw it and decided to try on some other boots, sandals, and pumps. No one said anything. I was getting upset. So, a lady walked past me as I took my boots off and I decided to tell her that I like her boots. She said thank you, and we talked about her dog that she was carrying around. Guys, girl, little kids, teens all saw me in my boots and trying things on and nothing!!!! Just like you I felt like a ghost!!! Do anyone care!!!! Oh well. I said I will never walk around the mall in complete daylight but I said screw it and went inside. Mall was full and I just enjoyed myself. I finally saw people looking down at my boots, this time a lot of the stiletto was showing due to me lifting my jeans more, but nothing. I went to Bakers and the show clerk looked down at my boots and smiled and said if I needed any help just to ask her. The funny thing was that there was this guy who couldn't stop looking at my boots. I enjoyed that!!!! He was basically in shock. :smile: Oh, I went into Macy's and there was this fine woman. I'm talking hot as hot can be. She also saw my boots and heels and smiled at me. I wanted to go over and tell her how hot she was but chickened out. Maybe next time. I think I will just wear what I want. I have a lot of stilletto boots and now I know that most do care. Everyone just do it and enjoy your heeling. It's not that bad. Next it's walmart, with very loud stillettos..... :wave: Still scared, just a little... :silly:

Well, just want to give everyone my new excursion out. I was wearing these heels during the day. They were in broad daylight. The heels were making their noise for all it's glory. Well, I went to Arby, Walmart, Payless, Target and Starbucks, and not one person said anything. I know a lot of people were looking but nothing. The best one was when I went into Barnes and Noble. I sat down on a chair in plain view, crossed my legs while I was reading a magazine. Therefore, the heels were in plain view. I counted 5 guys looking at me and the heels. Some for awhile, maybe wondering how they looked..... :wave: Women just smiled at me. But the guys just looked. Now, I know I can were anything and know one will care or say anything. I actually am hoping someone will say something, so I can at least talk to them. It's fun though, and I enjoyed my time out. 6 hours in high heels, stilletto heel, and pointy toe. AWESOME!!! Now, I must shop to buy more shoes, cause I got to get ready for spring, and summer.....:silly: Enjoy yourself people, it's fun and rewarding. Now, you don't to spend money on shoes and just leave them at home. Use them for what they are intended for........WALKING......HAHAHA...:smile: Latindancer

These are some great stories and experiences guys. Thanks for the read and keep it up. I always have a blast when out in heels and from the first time I went out and was very nervous, everything changed and I never looked back. I was worried completely about nothing most my life. I love being me.

real men wear heels